Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Corridors 1 and 3 Connector Road Project
| Published May 24, 2017 - Deadline July 7, 2017
Invitation for Bids
1. Kyrgyz Republic has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward
the cost of CAREC Corridors 1 and 3 Connector Road Project. Part of this financing will be
used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible
source countries of the ADB.
2. The Ministry of Transport and Roads of the Kyrgyz Republic (“The Employer”)
invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the construction and completion of Epkin-Diykan
(Bashkuugandy) road section (69.7 km) (“The Works”).
3. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-
Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure.
4. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, Bidders should contact:
The Ministry of Transport and Roads of the Kyrgyz Republic
Street Address: 42, Isanova Street
Floor/Room number: 6th Floor, Room 601
City: Bishkek ZIP Code: 720017
Country: Kyrgyz Republic
Telephone: +996.312.90.09.70, +996.312.90.08.93;
Facsimile number: +996.3188.8.131.52
Electronic mail address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Only eligible Bidders with the qualifications given in the Section 3 (Evaluation Criteria) of
the Bidding Documents are invited to bid. The following indicative key qualifications are required
for participation this bidding process - the full qualification requirements can be seen in Sections
3 and 4 of the Bidding Documents:
i. Participation in at least two contracts that have been successfully or substantially
completed within the last 10 years and that are similar to the proposed works, where
the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds US$58,000,000 for each contract. The
similarity of the Bidder’s participation shall be based on the physical size, nature of
works, complexity, methods, technology, or other characteristics as described in
Section 6 (Employer’s Requirements).
Date: 24 May 2017
3432-KGZ: Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
Corridors 1 and 3 Connector Road Project
Epkin-Diykan (Bashkuugandy) Road section (69.7 km)
7 July 2017, 1500 hours (Local time)
ii. Must have construction experience in at least the following key activities:
• Production and placement of asphalt concrete at a rate of not less than 18,000
m3/year on one or more contracts within the last 10 years
• Production and placement of Stone Mastic Asphalt Concrete (SMA) over a length
of not less than 28 km in any one year on one or more contracts within the last
• Road construction work to international standards such as AASHTO, GOST and
SNIP standards on one or more contracts within the last 10 years
iii. As a minimum, the Bidder’s net worth for the last year calculated as the difference
between total assets and total liabilities should be positive.
iv. Must have a minimum average annual construction turnover of at least US$50 million
calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed,
within the last 3 years.
v. Must demonstrate that it has the financial resources to meet:
• its current contract commitments
• the financial requirements for this contract as calculated in the bidding
vi. Must have available [either owned or leased], construction plant and equipment of
type, size/capacity and number sufficient to undertake and complete the Works
within the specified contract period - including crusher, concrete mixing plant,
bitumen sprayer. Also, asphalt plant for high quality SMA production, asphalt
concrete paver, pneumatic tired roller, vibratory roller, front loader, tandem roller,
concrete mixer, crane, tipper truck, drilling machine, bulldozer and excavator.
vii. Must have technical and supervisory personnel with the required number of years of
general civil works experience on similar works.
viii. Must have no pending litigation.
6. To purchase the bidding documents in English, eligible Bidders should:
• Write to address above requesting the bidding documents for CAREC Corridors 1 and
3 Connector Road Project “Epkin-Diykan (Bashkuugandy) road section (69.7 km)”
• Pay a non-refundable fee US$250 by bank transfer to the government bank account
designated by the recipient's name “CAREC Corridor 1 (Bishkek-Torugart Road), Project
3” with the following requisites:
Bank name: Bishkek branch of KICB-Manas
Bank Address: 11/1, Manas str., Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Account No: 128 009 010 784 96 61 for USD
128 009 600 701 75 26 for KGZ
SWIFT Code: KICBKG22
Bank Name: Raiffeisen Bank International AG,
Bank Address: Am Stadtpark 9, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Account No of: 070-55066534
SWIFT Code: RZBAATWW
(It is necessary to indicate the purpose of payment: Purchase of the bidding
documents for CAREC Corridors 1 and 3 Connector Road Project).
If requested, the Employer will promptly dispatch the documents by courier to either a
domestic or an international destination as may be required but under no circumstances
will the Employer be held responsible for loss or late delivery.
An amount to cover the cost of courier delivery services must be added to the above
document purchase fee, as follows:
• For delivery within the Kyrgyz Republic - US$ 15.00
• For international delivery - US$ 250.00
7. Deliver your bid:
• To the address above
• On or before the deadline: 7 July 2017, 1500 hours (Local time).
• Together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Documents
Technical Bids will be opened immediately after the bid submission deadline in the
presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address above. Late
bid will be rejected.
8. The Employer will not be responsible for costs or expenses incurred by bidders in
connection with the delivery or preparation of bids.