BD: Rural Electricity T and Distribution - P129920
Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board (BREB) | Published February 7, 2016 - Deadline March 22, 2016
Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board (BREB)
Invitation for Bids(IFB)
The People's Republic ofBangladesh
PROJECT: UP-GRADATION OF RURAL ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM; DHAKA, CHITTAGONG AND SYLHET DIVISION (UREDS; DCSD) PROJECT, BREB UNDER THERURAL ELECTRICITY TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION (T&D) PROJECT OF IDA.
IDA Credit No.: 5381-BD
IFB Title: Procurement of Conductor & Guy Accessories,Connector and Guy & Grounding Wire.
Package Number: UREDS-G-17.
Reference Number: 27.12.2637.116.07.001.16.910, Date: 02-02-2016
1. The Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board has receivedfinancing from the World Bank toward the cost of the UREDS; DCSD (Up-gradation of Rural Electricity Distribution System; Dhaka,Chittagong & Sylhet Division) Project, BREB under Rural Electricity Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Project of IDA, and intends to apply part of theproceeds toward payments under the contracts for procurement of Conductor & Guy Accessories (Lot No.UREDS-G-17-001), Connector (Lot No.UREDS-G-17-002) and Guy & Grounding Wire (Lot No.UREDS-G-17-003).
2. The Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board now invites sealed bids fromeligible and qualified bidders. Bidders may bid for one or multiple contracts, as further defined in the bidding document. Bidders wishing to offer discounts in case they areawarded more than one contracts will be allowed to do so, provided those discounts are included in the Letter of Bid. Goods to bedelivered in designated three project sites within Bangladesh as follows:
Brief Description of Goods
Conductor & Guy Accessories
Preformed Line Guard, Preformed Guy Grip.
As per Delivery Schedule.
50% of each item within20 weeks and remaining 50% within 40 weeks from the date of contract signing
Connector-H Type, Automatic Line Splice,Tools for compression connectors etc.
Guy& Grounding Wire
Ground Wire, Guy Wire
3. Biddingwill be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works andNon-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits &Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 ("Procurement Guidelines"), andis open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
4.Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from The Project Director (e-mail: email@example.com) and inspect thebidding documents during office hours 0900 AM to 1700 PM (Except Friday & Saturday)at the address given below.Bidding Documentis also available at BREB website i.e. http://www.reb.gov.bd. However the web version of the bidding document is for informationpurpose only.
5. The Pre-Bidmeeting shall be held at Brig Gen. Sabihuddin Ahmed Hall (Auditorium,1st floor) on 22-02-2016 at 11.00hours local time (GMT+6 hours).
6. Eligibility and Qualifications requirements:Manufacturer or supplier having the following qualifications:
(i) TheBidder (in case of JV, each partner) should have at least five (5) years of general experience in supplying electrical goods andrelated services. The manufacturer should have at least five (5) years of relevant manufacturingexperience.
(ii) TheBidder shall at-least have experience of supplyingsimilar goods (i.e. electrical lineconstruction materials) having value mentioned below in not more thantwo contracts, within thelast five (5) years:
(a)For Lot No.UREDS-G-17-001: US$ 1,100,000 orequivalent;
(b) For Lot No.UREDS-G-17-002: US$ 650,000 or equivalent;
(c) For Lot No. UREDS-G-17-003: US$ 650,000 orequivalent.
(iii)Bidder shall have at least theAverage Annual Turnover mentioned below over a period of best three years within last fiveyears.
(a) For Lot No.UREDS-G-17-001: at least US$ 1,750,000 or equivalent;
(b) For Lot No.UREDS-G-17-002: at least US$ 1,000,000 orequivalent.
(c) For Lot No. UREDS-G-17-003: at least US$ 1,000,000 or equivalent.
(iv) The Bidder at the time of bid submission should have at least the amount of liquid asset or working capital orcredit facility or their combination mentioned below:
(a) For Lot No.UREDS-G-17-001: US$ 1,250,000 orequivalent;
(b) For Lot No.UREDS-G-17-002: US$ 750,000 or equivalent.
(c) For Lot No. UREDS-G-17-003: US$ 750,000 or equivalent.
Additionaldetails are provided in the Bidding Documents.
A margin of preference for certain goods manufactured domestically "shall" be applied.
7. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission ofa written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of equivalent US$ 50.The method of payment willbe Bank Draft or Pay Order in favor of Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board, Dhaka. For overseas delivery, the bidder may obtainthe bidding document by instructing any international courier service to collect the same from Office of the Project Director,UREDS; DCSD Project, Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board, 6th Floor, Training Academy Building, Nikunja-2, Khilkhet,Dhaka-1229, Bangladesh.
8. Bidding Document last selling Date on 21-03-2016 at 16.00 Hours local time (GMT+6 hours). Bidsmust be delivered to the address stated at the end of this invitation on or before 22-03-2016 at 12:00 Noon local time (GMT+6 hours). Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly openedin the presence of the bidders' designated representatives and anyone who chooses toattend at the Brig Gen. Sabihuddin Ahmed Hall(Auditorium), 1st floor, Head Office Building,BREB, Nikunja-2, Khilkhet, Dhaka-1229, Bangladesh on 22-03-2016 at 12:30 Hours local time (GMT+6 hours).
9. All bids must beaccompanied by a Bid Security ofUS$ 60,000 for Lot No.UREDS-G-17-001, US$ 35,000 for Lot No. UREDS-G-17-002 and US$35,000 for LotNo.UREDS-G-17-003 or an equivalent amount in any freely convertible currency against each lot. Biddersparticipating in multiple Lots shall submit bid security for each Lot separately.
(Md. Mostafa Kamal)
Project Director, UREDS; DCSD Project
Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board,
6th Floor,Training Academy Building,
City: Dhaka-1229,Country: Bangladesh.
Tel: + 8802- 8900199
Web site: www.reb.gov.bd.