Energy Sector Development Investment Program - Tranche 4
| Published October 29, 2015 - Deadline December 9, 2015
Invitation for Bids
1. The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received a grant from the Asian Development
Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Grant 0332-AFG: Energy Sector Development Investment
Program - Tranche 4, and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Grant to payments
under the Contract named above.
2. Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) (“the Employer”) now invites sealed Bids
from member countries of ADB for a turnkey contract: DABS/012/ICB: The Procurement of
Plant - Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Distribution System
for Pul-e-Alam (Lot 1), Gardez & Wazai Zadran (Lot 2) and Khost (Lot 3) 20 KV
3. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB's Single-
Stage, One-Envelope Bidding Procedure for Procurement of Plant and is open to all Bidders
from eligible source countries. For this procedure, Bidders will submit Bids in one envelope
containing both the Price Proposal and the Technical Proposal. The envelopes are opened in
public at the date and time advised in the Bidding Document. The Bids are evaluated and
following approval by the ADB, the Contract is awarded to the Bidder whose Bid has been
determined to be the lowest evaluated substantially responsive Bid.
4. One Bidding Document is issued to cover all Lot 1, Lot 2, and Lot 3. Bidders may bid for
one or several lots as further defined in the Bidding Document. The Bid for each lot shall be
submitted in a separate envelope with its corresponding bid security. One contract will be
awarded individually for each lot. Bidder wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded
more than one contract will be allowed to do so provided that those discounts are included in
the Letter of Bid. The scope of the works for each lot broadly includes:
Date: 29 October 2015
0332-AFG: Energy Sector Development Investment Program - Tranche 4
DABS/012/ICB: The Procurement of Plant - Design, Supply, Installation,
Testing and Commissioning of Distribution System for Pul-e-Alam (Lot 1),
Gardez & Wazai Zadran (Lot 2) and Khost (Lot 3) 20 KV Distribution
09 December 2015, 10:00 hours (Local Kabul time)
Name of Goods and Related Services
• Complete Survey and design for 20 kV and 0.4 kV networks for the project site.
• Supply and install distribution transformers and LV panels,
• Supply and install poles and crossarms with complete assemblies for MV/LV
lines and for pole-mounted transformers,
• Supply and install LV underground cables and accessories; service wires and
accessories; aerial bundled cables (ABC) and accessories; ABC tools;
galvanized steel wires,
• Supply and install conductors and fittings and all associated connectors, joints
clamps and ancillaries to suit MV and LV circuits,
• All civil works associated with installation of the Distribution System,
• Supply and install lightning arresters, load break/air break switches and fuse
• Supply and install service meters, MCCBs and meter boxes and accessories,
• Supply and install required insulators and hardware,
• Supply of mandatory spares as specified.
The contract completion period is seven hundred twenty (720) days after its date of
effectiveness. Terms of delivery of the goods is as specified in the Bidding Documents.
5. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this
• The bidder shall have an annual average turnover amounting to at least US$ 13.7 million
(for Lot 1); US$ 15 million (for Lot 2) and US$ 13.7 million (for Lot 3) within the last three
• The Bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of, financial resources such as
liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, other
than any contractual advance payments to meet the following cash-flow requirement for
US$ 12.4 million (for Lot 1), US$ 17.2 million (for Lot 2), and US$12.4 million (for Lot 3).
• The Bidders should have participated as contractor, management contractor, or
subcontractor, in at least three (3) contracts in Design, Supply, Installation of Medium
and Low Voltage Distribution Networks within the last Five (5) years that are similar to
the proposed plant and services, and that have been successfully or are substantially
completed, with at least one contract with a value of US$ 15 million or more (for Lot 1);
US$ 20 million or more (for Lot 2) and US$ 15 million or more (for Lot 3).
• The Bidder must demonstrate that it has personnel for the following key positions for this
project: Contract/Project Manager, Distribution Engineers, Field Supervisors and Skilled
Labor/Tradesmen such as lineman/electrician, electrical fitters, electrical/cable jointers.
6. A single Bidder can be awarded multiple lots (contracts). The methodology to determine
the lowest evaluated price of the contract combinations, including any discounts offered in the
Letter of Bid, is specified in the Bidding Document. If a Bidder submits several successful
(lowest evaluated substantially responsive) bids, the evaluation will also include an assessment
of the Bidder’s capacity to meet the aggregated requirements of combination of lots as specified
in the Bidding Document.
7. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from DABS and inspect the
Bidding Document on the working days at the address given in paragraph 9, from 08:00 to
14:00 hours (Local Kabul Time), Saturday to Wednesday, from 25 October 2015 to 08
8. The Bidding Document, in the English language, may be purchased by interested
Bidders at the address given in paragraph 9 on the submission of a written application to the
address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of US$150 in favor of DABS Bank
Account – DABS Program Management Office (PMO) and Bank Account No 1001201138741 at
Kabul Bank, Kabul, Afghanistan. The Bidding Documents can also be purchased and sent
overseas through courier delivery by requesting through a written application, with proof of bank
transfer in favor of DABS for the non-refundable courier fee of US$100 in addition to US$150
nonrefundable fee. No liability will be accepted for loss or delay in delivery.
9. All Bids must be received on or before the deadline for bids submission on 09
December 2015 at 10:00 hours (Local Kabul time) at the following address:
Attention: Dr. Waheedullah Popalzai, Director PMO
Program Management Office (PMO),
Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS)
Street Address: Chaman Houzouri
Floor/Room number: DABS Head Quarter, 2nd Floor, Room No. 313, PMO
Late bids shall be rejected. Electronic submission is not permitted. All bids must be
accompanied by a Bid Security in the amount and form as specified in the bidding documents.
10. Bids will be opened immediately after the above deadline of bids submission in the
presence of the Bidders' representatives, who choose to attend at the address below:
Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS),
Street Address: Chaman Houzouri
Floor/Room number: Conference Room, 2nd Floor, DABS Head Quarters,
11. DABS will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in
connection with the preparation or submission of Bids.