BELARUS ENVIRONMENTAL INFRASTRUCTURE FACILITY – BREST (WWTP) PROJECT
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Brestvodokanal (BVK) intends using the proceeds of loan from the Nordic Investment Bank (NIB) and grants from the Northern Dimension Environmental Partnership (NDEP) and the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA; approved, pending finalization of grant agreement) for the reconstruction of the wastewater treatment plant in the City of Brest. The implementation of the Brest project is administered by the Nordic Investment Bank as part of the Belarus Municipal Environmental Infrastructure Framework Facility that NIB is pursuing together with European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). The planned investments will reduce pollution to the River Bug and further to the Baltic Sea. After completion of the planned investments the effluent fulfills the recommendation set by the Helsinki Commission and the European Commission. The proposed project, which has a total estimated cost of EUR 18.2 million, will require the procurement of the following goods, works and services:
Modernisation of the wastewater treatment plant including:
Tendering for the above goods, works and services is expected to begin in the third quarter of 2015.
Contracts to be financed with the proceeds of the loans from the Bank and grants from the NDEP and the SIDA will be subject to the EBRD Procurement Policies and Rules and will be open to firms from any country, with the exception of the contracts financed by NDEP where NDEP eligibility restrictions will apply.
The proceeds of the NIB loan and grants from SIDA and NDEP will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations or under a law of official regulation of the Purchaser's country or under a sanction or debarment by EU and/or the Project's/Activity's financiers.
Interested suppliers, contractors and consultants should contact:
Krasnogvardeyskaya Str. 125
Republic of Belarus
Attention: Mr Alexander Kalishuk, Head of Project Implementation Unit
Telephone: +375 162 45 22 03
Notices under “other” are published on EBRD website at our clients’request. The bank is not financing these contracts and is therefore not responsible for their content. Any enquiry should be directed to the contact mentioned in the notice and not the EBRD.
INVITATION FOR TENDERS
Rehabilitation of Wastewater Treatment Plant
This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which was pub-lished on the EBRD website, Procurement Notices (www.ebrd.com) on March 16, 2015.
Vitebsky municipal communal unitary production enterprise of water and wastewater services UE “Vitebskvodokanal”, hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”, intends using part of the proceeds of a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the Bank) and grant from the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida) towards the cost of Vitebsk Wastewater Project.
The Employer now invites sealed tenders from contractors for the following contract to be funded from part of the proceeds of the loan and grant:
Contract A1.a1. Rehabilitation of treatment plant at Zarechnaya street 31 in Vitebsk, including: de-veloping and obtaining of approval of architectural and construction design, obtaining positive resolution of the state expertise on the design developed in accordance with legislation of the Republic of Belarus, supply of materials and equipment, execution of civil works, testing and putting into operation, commissioning of rehabilitated WWTP to the Employer. Contract A1.a1 includes two parts, which are further called “Sections”.
The aim of the Contract A.1.a1 is reaching of HELCOM requirements for treating of wastewater.
• Rehabilitation of aeration tanks Block 1 having process volume of 30 900 m3 and construction of new return sludge pumping station;
• Rehabilitation of three secondary clarifiers 28 m diameter (No. 1-3), and one secondary clarifi-er 30 m diameter (No. 4), including repair of piping and chambers;
• Construction of new blower station inside existing blower building for supply of air to Block 1 aeration tanks and Block 2 aeration tanks, as well as air piping to Block 1 aeration tanks;
• Rehabilitation of two sludge thickeners, including piping and chambers;
• Rehabilitation and modernization of electrical and automation systems.
• Primary sludge hydrolysis arrangement by installation of new pumps inside existing raw sludge pumping station and pipe laying between the raw sludge pumping station and primary clarifiers distribution chamber.
• Supply of blowers and associated equipment for Block 1 and Block 2 aeration tanks.
Implementation of the Section 2, shall commence only after successful completion and putting into operation of Works, to be executed under the Section 1, and shall include:
• Rehabilitation of aeration tanks Block 2 having process volume of 18 220 m3, and construction of new return sludge pumping station;
• Rehabilitation and construction of piping and chambers;
• Rehabilitation of one sludge thickener and thickened sludge piping;
• Rehabilitation and modernization of electrical and automation systems for block 2 aeration tanks.
• Rehabilitation of two secondary clarifiers 30 m diameter (No. 5, 6), including repair of cham-bers and piping.
Works location shall be Vitebsk Waste Water Treatment Plant. Works completion period shall be 37 months from the Commencement Date.
Tendering for contracts to be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank and grant from the Sida is open to firms from any country. The proceeds of the Bank’s loan and Sida grant will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.
To be qualified for the award of a contract, tenderers must satisfy the following minimum criteria:
• the Tenderer shall have an average annual turnover as prime contractor (defined as billing for works in progress or completed) over the last five (5) years of not less than EUR 10 (ten) million equivalent;
• Participation as contractor or management contractor in at least two (2) contracts within the last five (5 ) years , that have been successfully and substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed Works;
• the Tenderer shall demonstrate in addition, the following key specific experience in successfully completed construction of at least:
• one project of rehabilitation or construction of biological wastewater treatment plant with process volume of aeration tanks not less than 30 000 m3, executed in accordance with process, proposed by the tenderer. The criteria of successfully completion shall be at least two years period of operation of completed plant on the date of submission of the tender with effluent parameters in accordance with HELCOM, or equivalent requirements for treated wastewater.
• the Tenderer shall provide evidence that the Tenderer or its agent will be able to carry out the supplier’s maintenance, repair and spare parts stocking obligations during the guarantee period of completed Works operation, as well as after expiration of guarantee period;
• the Tenderer shall provide evidence that the Tenderer and its sub-contractor(s) shall have or shall obtain prior to the Contract award all certificates, permits and licences required by the au-thorities of the Republic of Belarus related to the scope of this contract;
• the Tenderer shall be certified for quality standard ISO 9001 (or equivalent) or shall submit his own quality assurance plan to demonstrate quality assurance procedures, which shall be ap-plied for the execution of works under this contract.
Tender documents may be obtained from the office at the address below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of EUR 500 or equivalent in a convertible currency.
Bank details for transfer:
Payment in Belarus Rubles:
Расчетный счет № 3012410018010, Дирекция ОАО «Белинвестбанк» по Витебской области, г. Витебск, ул. Ленина, 22/16, код 739. БИК 153001739. УНН 300003249. ОКПО 05896082.
Payment in EURO:
Account number 3012410018515
In JSC «Belinvestbank»
Vitebsk regional branch,
Republic of Belarus, 210015
Vitebsk, str. Lenina, 22/16
Correspondent banks of Beneficiary bank:
DEUTSCHE BANK AG
SWIFT code: DEUTDEFF
Correspondent account: 949817110
Beneficiary bank: Belinvestbank, Minsk, SWIFT code: BLBBBY2X,
For Vitebsk Regional Branch
Payment of EUR 500 or equivalent in a convertible currency shall be made by the tenderer by bank transfer. Upon payment the Tenderer shall present to the Employer a copy of receipt/payment order as a proof of payment by means of facsimile, or to the electronic address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receipt of appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee, the documents will promptly be dispatched by courier; however, no liability can be accepted for their loss or late deliv-ery. In addition, if requested, the documents can be dispatched electronically after presentation by the prospective tenderer of an appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee. In the event of discrepancy between electronic and hard copies of the documents, the hard copy shall prevail.
All tenders must be accompanied by a tender security of EUR 300 000 or its equivalent in a con-vertible currency using the rate established by the National Bank of Republic of Belarus on the date twenty-eight (28) days prior to the deadline for submission of tenders.
A site visit shall take place on December 10, 2015 at 11:00 (Minsk time), followed by a pre-tender meeting.
Tenders must be delivered to the office at the address below on or before February 16, 2016 14:00 Minsk time, at which time they will be opened in the presence of those tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend.
A register of potential tenderers who have purchased the tender documents may be inspected at the address below.
Prospective tenderers may obtain further information from, and inspect and acquire the tender doc-uments at, the following office:
Starostenko Mikhail Mikhailovich
37, ul. Mira, Vitebsk, 210033
Republic of Belarus
Tel: +375 212 553190
Fax: +375 212 548904