The adoption consists mainly of electrifying the tracks of the remaining part of the overall master plan Gent-Sint-Pieters. In the period 2012-2017 were under a different contract of work, the first part of the new railway infrastructure in and around the station Gent-Sint-Pieters electrified. This contract consists of the electrification of the second and final part of the renewal of the railway infrastructure.
The innovation consists of:
- The demolition of the old catenary, including the constructions.
- The installation of the new overhead structures.
- Unrolling and adjusting the new catenary.
- Local installation of low voltage cables for the remote control of overhead switches.
The contract includes:
- The renewal of platform tracks IX descriptor I. (Where the overhead of the platform tracks IX and VIII are already broken with the previous specifications).
- Finishing the overhead of the new exchange complex from Gent-Sint-Pieters, Brussels lace.
- Finishing the overhead of the new exchange complex from Gent-Sint-Pieters side Ivoire, in particular the connection to L50A, L75, L50A6 and beam LM.