BD: Rural Electricity T and Distribution - P129920
Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board (BREB) | Published October 16, 2016 - Deadline November 30, 2016
Design, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning Of
33 Kv River Crossings.
Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board (BREB)
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
The People's Republic of Bangladesh
PROJECT: UP-GRADATION OFRURAL ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM; DHAKA, CHITTAGONG AND SYLHET DIVISION (UREDS; DCSD) PROJECT, BREB UNDER THE RURALELECTRICITY TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION (T&D) PROJECT OF IDA.
IDA Credit No.: 5381-BD
IFB Title: Design, Supply, Installation, Testing &Commissioning of 33 kV RiverCrossings.
Package Number: UREDS-W-02.
Reference Number: 27.12.2637.116.58.001.16.92, Dated: 13/10/2016.
1. The Bangladesh RuralElectrification Board has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Up-gradation of Rural ElectricityDistribution System; Dhaka, Chittagong & Sylhet Division (UREDS; DCSD) Project of BREB under Rural Electricity Transmission andDistribution(T&D) Project of IDA, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contracts forDesign, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of 33 kV River Crossings.
2. The Bangladesh RuralElectrification Board (BREB) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders. Bidders may bid for one or multiplecontracts, as further defined in the bidding document. Bidders wishing to offerdiscounts in case they are awarded more than one contractswill be allowed to do so, provided those discounts are included in theLetter of Bid. Details of the Lots are as follows:
Design, Supply, Installation, Testing &Commissioning of 33 kV River Crossings
Note: Details are providedin the Bidding Documents.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding(ICB) procedures as specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Worksand Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits &Grants byWorld Bank Borrowers January2011 ("Procurement Guidelines"), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined inthe Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflictof interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from The Project Director(e-mail: email@example.com) and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 0900 to 1700 (except Friday & Saturday) atthe address given below. Bidding Document is also available at BREB website i.e. http://www.reb.gov.bd. However the web version ofthe bidding document is for information purpose only.
5. The Pre-Bid meeting shall be held at Brig Gen. Sabihuddin Ahmed Hall (Auditorium),1st floor, Head Office Building, BREB, Nikunja-2, Khilkhet, Dhaka-1229, Bangladesh on 01-11-2016 at 11.00 hours local time(GMT+6 hours).
Eligibility and Qualifications requirements of the Bidder:
(i) Bidder must have Experience under contractsin the role of contractor, subcontractor ormanagement contractor in the power sector, at least for the last seven (07) years starting fromJanuary 01,2009.
(ii) Participation as contractor (as single entity or as a Joint Venture member), in atleast three (3) contracts of Design, Supply, Installation & Commissioning of power lines at 33 kV or above involving latticesteel towers, within the last ten (10) years (i.e. starting from January 01, 2006), with an aggregated value of at least US$2,000,000 for Lot No. UREDS-W-02-001, US$ 1,300,000 forLot No. UREDS-W-02-002 & US$ 2,000,000 for Lot No. UREDS-W-02-003, thathave been successfully and substantially completed and that aresimilar to the proposed plant and installationservices.
(iii) For the above three contracts executed during the period stipulated in 2.4.2(a)above:
At least one Design, Supply, Installation &Commissioning contract of power lines at 33kV or above involving lattice steel towers of height above 40 m and spans above 400 m shall be in successful operation for minimumof two years in between January 01, 2006 and the Bid submission deadline. Bidder will submit end user performance certificate alongwith the bid.
(iv) Minimum average annual turnover of US$ 6,500,000 for Lot No. UREDS-W-02-001, US$4,500,000 for Lot No. UREDS-W-02-002 and US$ 6,500,000 for Lot No.UREDS-W-02-003, calculated as totalcertified payments receivedfor contracts in progress or completed, within best three (3) years of the last five (5) years.
Bidders participating in more than one Lot, must have Cumulative Average Annual Turnoverfor the Lots.
(v) The Bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of, financial resources such asliquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, other than any contractual advance payments tomeet the following cash-flow requirement:
Lot No. UREDS-W-02-001: US$ 2.5 million.
Lot No. UREDS-W-02-002: US$ 1.5 million.
Lot No. UREDS-W-02-003: US$ 2.5 million.
Bidders participating in more than one Lot, must have cumulative financial resources forthe Lots.
7. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased byinterested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundablefee of equivalent US$ 100. The method of payment will be Bank Draft or Pay Order in favor of Bangladesh Rural ElectrificationBoard, Dhaka. For overseas delivery, the bidder may obtain the bidding document by instructing any international courierservice tocollect the same from Office of the Project Director, UREDS; DCSD Project, BangladeshRural Electrification Board, 6th Floor, Training AcademyBuilding, Nikunja-2, Khilkhet, Dhaka-1229, Bangladesh.
8.Bidding Document last selling Date on 29-11-2016 at 16.00 Hours local time (GMT+6hours). Bids must be delivered to the address stated at the end of this invitation on orbefore 30-11-2016 at 11:00 Hours local time (GMT+6 hours). Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence ofthe bidders' designatedrepresentatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the Brig Gen. Sabihuddin Ahmed Hall (Auditorium), 1st floor, Head Office Building, BREB,Nikunja-2, Khilkhet, Dhaka-1229, Bangladesh on 30-11-2016 at 11:30 Hours local time (GMT+6 hours).
9. Allbids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of US$ 150,000 forLot No.UREDS-W-02-001, US$ 100,000for Lot No.UREDS-W-02-002 andUS$ 150,000 for Lot No.UREDS-W-02-003 or an equivalentamount in any freely convertible currency. Bidders participating in multiple Lots shall submit bid security for each Lotseparately.
10. Theaddress(es) referred to above is:
(Md. Mostafa Kamal)
Project Director, UREDS; DCSD Project
6th Floor, Training Academy Building
BREB, Nikunja-2, Khilkhet,
City:Dhaka-1229, Country: Bangladesh.
Tel: + 8802-8900199
Web site: www.reb.gov.bd.