HMAS Stirling 50 Metre Pool Cover System
Department of Defence - DSRG | Published February 3, 2015 - Deadline March 2, 2015
This project is to replace the pool cover system at the 50 metre swimming pool at HMAS Stirling, currently managed with a manual roller system, to provide an installation which: makes the pool cover installation easier to use to avoid Work Health and Safety issues; minimises the risk of damage to the pool cover assembly caused by the cover being lifted by high winds; make the pool cover easier to deploy and remove through a motorisation process; and does not require the pool operator to move either pool rollers or pool motorisation equipment around the concourse.
The work comprises the design, construction, installation, commissioning and initial maintenance of a complete pool cover system for the existing 50 metre pool.
The contract is to include:
• Either re-use of the existing covers or provision of new covers at the discretion of the contractor.
• A new underground enclosure, constructed of reinforced concrete at the west end of the pool to permanently house the pool covers and associated rollers and motors.
• New hinged cover(s) over the pool cover storage chamber which shall be subject to human traffic, and which shall be finished in a non-slip surface.
• Permanently mounted motors to drive each segment of the pool cover in both directions including all ancillary hydraulic and electrical components.
• All necessary extension of electrical power circuits to power all electrical components.