DABS Planning And Capacity Support - P131228
Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) | Published November 24, 2015 - Deadline December 15, 2015
Consulting Services For Designing Of Dabs Training Center
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Client: Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat(DABS)
Project: DABS Planning and Capacity Support Project (DPCSP)
Project ID No.: P131228
IDA Grant No.: TF 054718 [Afghanistan Reconstruction TrustFund]
Assignment: Consulting Services for Designing of DABS Training Center
Reference No. : DABSPCSP-22-SCC-CF-2A
TheDABS, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (the "Recipient") has been allocated grant funds (Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust FundGrant: TF 054718), (the "Grant") from the International Development Association, World Bank (the "Bank") towards the cost of DABSPlanning and Capacity Support Project (DPCSP), executed by Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) (the "Client"), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the consulting services.
The consulting services ("the Services") include design, drawing andpreparation of bidding documents for all necessary works for a centralized training facility for DABS of approximate area of about 17000m2 in Kabul. The new building should be safe, reliable, cost effective, energy saving (aiming zeroenergy loss), well ventilated with adequate light, environment friendly, seismic resistant, differently-able peoplefriendly,well-equipped with safety equipment, parking, plumbing, drainage, boundary wall and communication facilities.
The TrainingFacility would have the following infrastructure:
· A centrally air conditioned 150 seat capacity Auditorium with latest Audio/ VideoSystem.
· A Conference Hall (50 seats) for holding seminars, workshops and conferences.
· 3 Lecture Halls (60 seats, 40 seats and 20seats) for holding regular class roomsessions.
· Administrative Office.
· Hostels: Well-furnished Executive Hostel and Trainee Hostel with lodgingand boarding facilities to accommodate about 40 trainees. Separate Girl's hostel with a capacity of 10inmates for female traineesto be also provided.
· Library: A library is intended to be set up as a part of theTraining Facility with a large collection of books and videos onModern Power Station Technology, various branches of Engineering, ComputerSciences, Industrial Relations, Management, PowerReforms, Regulatoryissues, etc. The library would subscribe to a number of Afghan and foreign technical journals andperiodicals.
· Laboratories, Workshops and Models including computerlabs: An essential part of the training is to provide practical on-the-job training to the O&M personnel on theoperations and maintenance of the equipment. Thus, the Training center willhave well equipped laboratories and workshops with wideranging facilities for imparting training to Technicians, Operators and Engineers on various aspects of power generation,transmission and distribution. The labs/workshops would include: (i) Maintenance workshops for Valves, Bearings, Shaft alignment,Pumps, Motors etc. (ii) Electrical Labs. with facilities for testing of relays, electrical equipment, insulating oils etc. alongwith repairs., (iii) Control and Instrumentation Lab. with facilities for testing, collaboration and repairs of different types ofprocess control instruments. (iv) Live working models of someof the important mechanical and electrical equipment such as pumps,valves, transformers, circuit breakers would be installed in the Labs/Workshops.
· Sports Facilities: Outdoor sports andgamesfacilities such as Volleyball, Basketball and table tennis will be developed and students/trainees would be encouraged toavail these facilities.
The Services are expected to be carried out over a period of 5 (Five)months commencing from March 2016. The draftTerms of Reference (TOR) may be obtained through email from Mr. Wali Oria (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), Project Director or Mr. Safi Rahamatullah (email: email@example.com), ProjectManager. Further information can be obtained at the address given on next page during office hours [08:00 to 16:00 hours].
The Da AfghanistanBreshna Sherkat (DABS) now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") toindicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they havethe required qualificationsand relevant experience to perform the Services.
The short listingcriteria are:
The firms should have been in the business for the last 5years.The firms shall be financially sound with an annual averageturnover of more than US$100,000during last three yearsThe firms should have at least 3 similar contracts experience inplanning and design and with the value of more than US$60,000 each.Availability of skillsamong staff (Design, technical evaluation,and certification staff working within the firm).
The attention of interested Consultants isdrawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment ofConsultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict ofinterest. The Guidelines are available at www.worldbank.org/procure.
This will be a Lump Sum contract and theconsultant will be selected in accordance with the SelectionBased on the Consultants' Qualifications (CQS) procedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines:Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January2011. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhancetheir qualifications.
Expressions of interest should beno more than twenty (20) pages inlength and must be delivered in a written form either personally or through any track able courier service on orbefore 15 December, 2015 in a sealed envelope. Please mark theenvelop with the superscription "Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services for Designing of DABS TrainingCenter" and send to the following address:
Mr. Yousuf Anwary
Director ? Procurement (Acting)
O/o CFO, 1stFloor
Da Afghanistan BreshnaSherkat (DABS), H.Q,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Note: DABS will not be held responsible for late receipt or non-receipt of any documents sent through
Courier or byany other means.