Pre-Tender Market Engagement Event for Diagnostics Services
MEDWAY COUNCIL | Published December 7, 2015
NHS Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley CCG and NHS Swale CCG are expecting to commence two formal procurements for the following services to operate across DGS and Swale CCG catchment area:
1. Direct Access Magnetic Resonance Imaging (DA MRI) and
2. Direct Access Non-Obstetric Ultrasound Service (DA NOUS)
The Commissioners are looking to get early engagement with potential Providers and Sub-contractors and the market in general who share our passion and commitment and who are dedicated to providing the very best choice, service and patient care standards.
In particular the commissioners would like to discuss plans with the market to understand capacity and the ability of Providers to deliver the services.
1. DA MRI service would be expected to undertake the following case mix and examinations:
• RA01A – MRI scan, one area, no contrast, 19 years and over
• RA04Z – MRI scan, two – three areas, no contrast
• RA01B – MRI scan, one area, no contrast, 6 to 18 years
• RA05Z – MRI scan, two – three areas, with contrast
2. DA NOUS would be expected to undertake scans from the following:
• General abdominal – includes assessment of the aorta, biliary tract, gallbladder, inferior vena cava, kidneys, liver, pancreas, retroperitoneum and spleen
• Gynaecology – including transabdominal and transvaginal
• Renal / bladder / prostate
• Scrotal / testicular
• Musculoskeletal, and
• Vascular – includes suspected DVT
Both service specifications will be published as part of the procurement process. However, the CCG would like to get potential Provider and Sub-contractor views and ideas as well as assess current market appetite to provide these services.
A market engagement event relating to these contracts will be held on Tuesday, 12th January 2016 at 13:00 to 17:00 in the Philip Farrant Education Centre at Darent Valley Hospital, Darenth Wood Road, Dartford DA2 8DA.