TZ-Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Project - P123134
Temeke Municipal Council | Published July 29, 2016 - Deadline August 12, 2016
Senior Information, Education And Communication Expert -
Provision Of Technical Assistance To Pcu And Pius On Information, Education And
Communication To Support Project Implementation Activities Under Dmdp
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OFTANZANIA
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCALGOVERNMENT
TEMEKE MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
DARES SALAAM METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (DMDP)
IDACR. NO. 5585-TZ
THEPROVISION OF TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO PCU AND PIUs ON INFORMATION, EDUCATION AND COMMUNICATIONTO SUPPORT PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION ACTIVITIES UNDER DMDP
Senior Information, Education and Communication Expert
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
1. This request for expression of interest follows the General ProcurementNotice for the Dar es SalaamMetropolitan Development Project that appeared inthe UN Development Business online of April 22, 2015.
2. TheGovernment of the United Republic of Tanzania has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towardsthe cost of the Dar es Salaam MetropolitanDevelopment Project. It is intended that partof the proceeds of the credit will be used to cover eligible payments under the contract for the Provision of Technical Assistance (by a Senior Information, Education and CommunicationExpert) to PCU and PIUs on Information, Education and Communication to Support Project Implementation Activities under the Dar es Salaam MetropolitanDevelopment Project (DMDP), coordinated by the President's Office, Regional Administration and Local Government(PO-RALG).
3. Theoverall objective of theconsultancy services is for a Senior Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Expert being sought to work closely withPO-RALG's Project Coordination Unit (PCU) and Municipal Project Implementation Units (PIUs) in Kinondoni, Ilala and TemekeMCs, and other stakeholders to design and implement a comprehensive IEC program that will(i) promote behaviour change in several key areas supported by DMDP,(ii) effectively generate awareness and visibility of theproject andproject activities and document experiences over the life of the project, (iii) ensure sustainability of IEC initiativesand the project investments beyond the project funding cycle.
4. The Individual Consultant (IC)/Expert to be employed will initiate the assignment by conducting a situation analysis as a baseline for developing an IECstrategy and implementation plan and then develop a framework for the Situation Analysis. S/he will lead the development of astrategy and implementation plan for DMDP's IEC and BCC initiatives, and based on the activities in the strategy and action plan,the Consultantwill lead in contracting and managing necessary consultants and services (procurement and contract management). S/hewill conduct a capacity and needs assessment of PO-RALG and PIU communication staff and procedures, and develop accordingly acomprehensive training plan and implement it. S/he should also provide excellent coordination and organization between PO-RALG andthe PIUs, as well as develop and maintain partnerships with NGOs and civil society groups, private sector actors, and other DMDPimplementers as well as foster an IEC community of practice within the project implementing entities.
5. The Municipal Director,Temeke MunicipalCouncil on behalf of DMDP PCU andPIUs, now invites eligibleIndividual Consultants ("Consultants") to indicate theirinterest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the requiredqualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are: (i) possession of qualifications ofat least a university degree in fieldrelevant to the assignment (e.g. social sciences, environment, or public health); (ii) generalexperience in provision ofindividual consultancy services to institutions, organizations, government agencies, local government, etc.; (iii) specificexperience in provision of technical assistance services specializing on information, education andcommunication fields of practice.
Firms are not required, only individual consultants are invited to express theirinterests.
6. Thisis not a request for proposals(RFP). After a review of the expressions of interest, a shortlist will be prepared and theshort-listed consultants will be invited to submit their proposals through a letter of invitation including specific terms ofreference. The attention of interested Consultants is drawnto paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits &Grants] by World Bank Borrowers[currentedition] ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest. An individual consultant will beselected in accordance with the Individual Consultant (IC) Selection Method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
7. Interested individual consultants may obtain further information at thefollowing address during office hours from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. local time from Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays: theMunicipal Director, Temeke Municipal Council, Mandela/Taifa Road, P.O. Box 46343, Dar es Salaam,Tanzania, Telephone: +255-22-2928132/2928138, Fax: +255 22 2928137, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com; copied to Project Coordinator, Dar esSalaam Metropolitan Development Project (DMDP), 4th Floor, LAPF Millennium Towers, Kijitonyama, P.O. Box 34314,Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, Telephone+255-22-2700765/9, Fax: +255-22-2700768, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
8. The deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest is on Friday, August 12, 2016 at 10:00a.m. local time, to be addressedtothe Secretary, Council Tender Board,Temeke Municipal Council, Mandela/TaifaRoad,opposite the National Football Stadium, Office of the PMU in-charge, Storage Block Room No. 1, P.O. Box 46343, Dar es Salaam,Tanzania. Expressions of Interest should besubmitted in writing and have to be enclosed inplain sealed envelopes. Expressions of Interest sent by post must be registered. Envelopes containing Expressions ofInterest must be clearly marked "STATEMENT OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE PROVISION OF TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO PCU AND PIUs ONINFORMATION, EDUCATION ANDCOMMUNICATION TO SUPPORT PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION ACTIVITIES UNDER DMDP - Senior Information, Education and CommunicationExpert".
P.O. Box 46343
Dar esSalaam, TANZANIA.
Telephone:+255 22 2928132/2928138,
Fax: +255 222928137