Financial Education & Financial Literacy - P120338
FER | Published March 19, 2015 - Deadline April 9, 2015
Assistance In Capacity Building Of Teachers, Methodologists
And Administrators Of Educational Institutions In Financial Literacy And Creation Of
Efficient Infrastructure To Support Their Efforts In Disseminating Financial Literacy
The Russian Federationhas received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Financial Education and Financial Literacy Project (the Project), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the consulting services (Package No. FEFLP/QCBS-2.5, Assistance inCapacity Building of Teachers, Methodologists and Administrators of Educational Institutions in Financial Literacy and Creation ofEfficientInfrastructure to Support their Efforts in Disseminating Financial Literacy).
The services will include:
· creation of the Federal Methodological Network for professional development and methodicalsupport of staff in general and secondary vocational education involved in the implementation and practical use of trainingprograms and materials on financial literacy developed or approved under the Project and aimed to develop financial literacycompetences of various target and age groups of students;
· development of training and methodological materials for professional development of Educatorsinvolved in the implementation of training programs and materials on financial literacy developed/approved under theProject;
· training of methodologistsand instructors (lecturers) of federal and regional levels in theimplementation and application of training and methodological materials developed or approved under the Project and aimed todevelop financial literacy competences of various target and age groups of students;
· organization of training and methodical support by methodologists for the implementation andapplication of training and methodological materials developed or approved under the Project and aimed to develop financialliteracy competences of various target and age groups of students;
· provision of consulting and methodical support to methodologists and instructors within thesystem of professional development who train pedagogical staff from institutions of general education and SVE institutions towork with financial literacy programs;
· monitoring and evaluation of the progress of professional development of staff in institutionsof general education and SVE institutions in the field of financial literacy;
· provision of information to the pedagogical community about the progress and results ofprofessional development in financial literacy provided to staff in general and pre-university vocationaleducation.
The total duration of the services is estimated at 24 calendarmonths.
The Non-commercial Foundation for Enterprise Restructuring and FinancialInstitutions Development now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicatetheir interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have therequired qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Expression ofInterest should specify the legal name (names, in the case of a joint venture) of the interested Consultant, its legal status andnationality, and indicate the experience related to this company only (companies, in the case of a joint venture). Experience ofcompanies other than such legal entity (entities) will not beevaluated.
The shortlisting criteria are as follows.
1. The Consultant shall be an independentorganization implementing additional educational programs for pedagogical staff (e. g. an advanced teacher training institute, aninstitution of higher education (including teachertraining institutes) or any other educational organization).
At the time of submission of the proposal the short-listed Consultant shalldemonstrate that it fulfils one of the followingconditions in at least 10 RF constituents participating in the Project (Kaliningrad Oblast, Volgograd Oblast, Arkhangelsk Oblast,Tomsk Oblast, Republic of Tatarstan, Krasnodar Krai, Stavropol Krai, Saratov Oblast, Altai Krai, City of Moscow, hereinafter ?participating regions): (1) operates a branch, a structural subdivision or asubsidiary, or there is an agreement of intent with any of the partner organizations, which have facilities to deliverprofessionaldevelopment training to Educators; (2) there are documented agreements confirming the readiness of the educationalauthority in a RF constituent to assist the Consultant in the organization of the Regional Methodological Center for FinancialLiteracy (agreement of intent, letters of support, etc.).
2. The Consultant musthave at least 10 years of experience in the implementation of federal- and regional-level projects focused on professionaldevelopment of pedagogical staff in the Russian Federation.
3. The Consultant musthave at least 10 years of experience in the development of additional professional educational programsand training/methodologicaland control/measuring materials to support program implementation (including distant learning).
4. The Consultant musthave sufficient material and technical resources to implement the contract, including its own training facilities.
5. The Consultant musthave adequate human resources (instructors, methodologists, tutors and technical specialists) with experience (at least 3 years'experience) in the organization of large-scale professional development of pedagogical staff, including distantlearning.
6. The Consultant musthave experience and capabilities for the organization of technical, methodological and consulting support for professionaldevelopment within a network of training centers in different regions of Russia, including distance learning based on its ownenvironments and systems.
7. In accordance withthe RF legislation, these services require a license for educational activities. At the time of submission of the proposal, theConsultant shall demonstrate that it: ?) has the license, or b) has applied for the license. By the time of Contract signing, theConsultant (or its Sub-contractor) must have obtained the license. If the Consultant (or its Sub-contractor) fails to submit thelicense, negotiations with this Consultant will be terminated within two (2) weeks after the specified deadline, and the Clientshall proceed to negotiate with the next ranked consultant.
8. Experience inimplementing self-engineered projects on professional development of different categories of educators relevant to the subject ofthe consulting assignment will be considered as an additional advantage.
9. Experience in theelaboration of professional development programs in Finance and Economics, including financial literacy,will be considered as anadditional advantage.
The attention ofinterested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowersdated May 2004 and revised in October 2006 and in May 2010 ("Consultant Guidelines") setting forth the World Bank's policy onthe conflict of interest and eligibility.
Consultants may submittheir Expressions of Interest as anindividual firm or in association in the form of a joint venture or subconsultancy. All themembers of the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire assignment. However, the experienceofsub-consultant will not be considered while short-listing.
A Consultant will beselected in accordance with the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information canbe obtained at the addressbelow during office hours from 10:00 to 17:00 hours Moscow time.
Expressions of interestmust be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 9 April2015.
Non-commercial Foundation for Enterprise Restructuring
and Financial InstitutionsDevelopment
Attn: Ms. MayaBrailovskaya, Senior Procurement Specialist
Address: Luzhnetskayanaberejnaya, 2/4, building 16, 2nd floor
Moscow, 119270, Russian Federation
Tel: (7495) 792 30 10
Fax: (7495) 792 58 11
Web site: www.fer.ru