BD: Primary Education Dev. Program III - P113435
Directorate of Primary Education | Published May 8, 2016 - Deadline June 28, 2016
Procurement Of 50,000 Nos. Of Laptops
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Name of Project: Third Primary Education DevelopmentProgram (PEDP-3)
IFB Title: Procurement of 50,000Nos. of Laptops
Package No.: GD 505 (Lot-1 to Lot-8)
Memo No: 38.151.180.007.148.00.00.447.2016-2032 Date: May 08, 2016
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in UN Development Businessonline dated: 11 October 2011.
2. The People's Republic of Bangladesh has received funds from as many as nine development partners includinga credit fromthe International Development Association toward the cost of Third Primary Education Development Program (PEDP-III) and it intendsto apply part of the proceeds of these funds to payments under the Contract for Procurement of 50,000 Nos. of Laptops under PackageNo. GD 505 (Lot-1, Lot-2, Lot-3, Lot-4, Lot-5, Lot-6, Lot-7 and Lot-8).
3. TheDirectorate of Primary Education (DPE) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualifiedbidders for supplying of Laptops for Government Primary Schools.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) proceduresspecified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits January 2011 (revisedJuly 2014), and is opento all bidders from Eligible Source Countriesas defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information andinspect the Bidding Document from the address in para-13 below during office hours (09.00 to 17.00 hours, local time) on allworking days (Sunday to Thursday) except government holidays up to one day prior to the deadline for bidsubmission.
6. Key qualifications requirements include: (a) Financial Capability: The Bidder must have Minimum amount of liquid asset in the form of working capital or credit facility is BDT 220 millionor USD 2.80 million for each Lot. (b) Experience: The Bidder must have experience of supplying Laptops or similar ICTproducts (i.e., Desktop, Notebook, Tablet) of minimum 50% of quantity of each Lot in a single or multiple contracts within last 5(five) years counting from March 2011 to qualify for each Lot. (c) TechnicalCapacity: (i) If the bidder is the manufacturer:The manufacturer shall have minimum annual production capacity shall be at least 100% in quantity of Laptops of each Lot; (ii) If the bidder isnot manufacturer: Bidder shall demonstrate that it's manufacturerhas the qualification of minimum annual production capacity of atleast 100% in quantity of Laptops for each Lot, (d) After SalesServices: The bidder/supplier should haveoffices or service agents (distributors/dealers/resellers, if any) preferably in each administrative division of Bangladeshhavingcapability and resources to meet warranty claims and after sales services at district levels. Additional details are provided in the BiddingDocuments.
7. A margin of preference for certain goods manufactured domestically shall be applied.
8. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidderson the submission of a writtenapplication to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee BDT 3,000 or USD 40. The method of payment will be in the form of payorder in favor of "Director General, DPE & Program Director, PEDP-3" from any scheduled Bank in Bangladesh or in Bidderscountry acceptable to thepurchaser.The biddingdocuments have to be collected from DPE upon purchase and bid submission shall be accompanied with original purchasereceipt.
9. Bids must be delivered to the address below:
Room No.: 610, Floor: 6th floor,Building No.: 06
Ministry of Primary and MassEducation
Bangladesh Secretariat, City: Dhaka, Postal Code: 1000
The deadline for the submission of bidsis:
Date: June 28, 2016; Time: 2.00pm Bangladesh Standard Time (GMT + 6 hrs).
Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will berejected.
10. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders' representatives who choose toattend in person at the same place of bid submission 15 minutes after deadline.
11. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as per following table:
Bid Security Amount
GD: 505 (Lot-1)
US$ 95,000 or BDT 7.5 million
GD: 505 (Lot-2)
US$ 1,10,000 or BDT 8.69 million
GD: 505 (Lot-3)
US$ 92,000 or BDT 7.26 million
GD: 505 (Lot-4)
US$ 91,000 or BDT 7.18 million
GD: 505 (Lot-5)
US$ 98,000 or BDT 7.74 million
GD: 505 (Lot-6)
US$ 70,000 or BDT 5.53 million
GD: 505 (Lot-7)
US$ 93,000 or BDT 7.34 million
GD: 505 (Lot-8)
US$ 70,000 or BDT 5.53 million
12. A Pre-Bid meeting shall be held at:
Multipurpose Hall Room (Ground floor)
Directorate of PrimaryEducation
StreetAddress: Section 2, Mirpur, City:Dhaka-1216
Date: May 17, 2016;Time: 11.00am Bangladesh StandardTime (GMT + 6 hrs)
13. The address referred for all correspondence is:
Attention: Director (Finance), Directorate of PrimaryEducation
Floor/Room number: 6th Floor/Room # 710
Section 2, Mirpur, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh
Telephone No.: +880-2-55074914
Fax: +880-2-55074904, E-mail: email@example.com
F. M. Enamul Hoque
Directorate of Primary Education
Section-2, Mirpur, Dhaka 1216, Bangladesh