SPN – Malawi - Support to Higher Education, Science and Technology – HEST – 02 2015
| Published February 3, 2015
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN)
Name of Country: Malawi
Name of Project: Support to Higher Education, Science and Technology (HEST)
NTF Grant number: 2200160000939
IFB Number: ICB025/IPC/MoEST/HEST/G/2014/005
IFB Title : Supply and Delivery of Books
Date of Issue: 9th February, 2015
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that
appeared in UNDB online of AfDB 18-04-12 on-line and on the African Development Bank
Group’s Internet Website.
2. The Ministry of Education Science and Technology has received Financing from the African
Development Bank in various currencies towards the cost of Support to Higher Education,
Science and Technology (HEST)
3 It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under
the contract for Supply and Delivery of Books for Salima, Lilongwe, Nasawa and Soche
4. The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology/Education Infrastructure Management
Unit now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Supply and Delivery of Books.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding
documents at the Procurement Unit, Education Infrastructure Management Unit, Private
Bag 57, Lilongwe.
6. A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the
submission of a written application to the above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee
of MK5, 000.00.
8. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are
the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document for
Procurement of Goods and Services.
9. Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 27th March, 2015 and must be
accompanied by a bid security (bank guarantee) of MK500,000.00.
10. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at
14:00pm Malawi local time on 27th March, 2015 at Education Infrastructure Management
Unit’s Conference Room.
11. The interested bidders should deliver their bids to the address below not later than 14:00pm
on 27th March, 2015.
Internal Procurement Committee
Education Infrastructure Management Unit (EIMU)
Paul Kagame Road