Enhancing Education Development Project - P131331
ENHANCING EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (EEDP) | Published November 24, 2014 - Deadline January 7, 2015
Laboratory Chemicals, Apparatus And Equipment For Fifteen (15)
Schools In Maldives.
Invitation for Bids
ENHANCING EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT PROJECT(EEDP)
WB Grant No.:H841-MV
ContractTitle: Laboratory Chemicals, Apparatus and Equipment for Fifteen (15)schools in Maldives.
Reference No: EEDP/G.13
1. The Republic of Maldives hasreceived financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Enhancing EducationDevelopment Project (EEDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the supply and deliveryof Laboratory Chemicals, Apparatus and Equipment to 15 schools in the Maldives.
1. The Ministry ofEducation now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the supply and delivery of Laboratory Chemicals, Apparatus andEquipment to the below 15 destinations in the Maldives;
a. Atoll Education Centre, Ha. Dhidhdhoo
b. Atoll Education Centre, Sh. Komandoo
c. Meynaa School, N. Holhudhoo
d. Aminiya School, K. Male'
Hiriya School, K. Male'Atoll Education Centre, Dh. KudahuvadhooAtoll Education Centre, L. FonadhooAtoll Education Centre, GDh. ThinadhooAtoll Education Centre, Ga. VillingiliAtoll Education Centre, Gn. FuahmulahCenter for Higher Secondary Education, K. Male'Sharafuddin School, S. HithadhooAddu High School, S. HithadhooMadrasathul Arabiyya, K. Male'Ghaazee School, K. Male'
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Biddingprocedures as specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans andIDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 ("Procurement Guidelines"), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined inthe Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflictof interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from IbrahimMr. Ahmed Mujthaba, Director General, Tender Evaluation Section, Ministry of Finance and Treasury, Male', Republic ofMaldives and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 0800 hours to 1500hours at the address given below.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interestedeligible bidders upon the submission of a written applicationto the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee ofMVR 1500/- .The method of payment will be Cash for local parties and bank transfer for foreign parties.The document will be sent by post to foreign parties and local parties can collect uponpayment.
6. Bids must be delivered to the addressbelow on or before 7th January 2015, 1000 hours Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bidswill be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders' designated representatives and anyone who choose toattend at the address below on 7th January 2015, 1000 hours.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a BidSecurity of MVR 172,000.(Maldivian Rufiyaa One Hundred and Seventy Two Thousand Only).
8. The address(es) referred to above is(are):
Tender Evaluation Section
Ministry of Finance and Treasury,
Tel: (960) 3349203, (960) 3349106
Fax: (960) 3320706, (960) 3324432