Southern Road Connectivity Project
| Published November 7, 2016 - Deadline December 8, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka has received a loan from the Asian
Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of the Southern Road Connectivity Project
(SRCP). Part of this financing will be used for payments under the contract named above.
Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. The Road Development Authority (“the Employer”) now invites sealed bids from
eligible bidders for the Rehabilitation/Improvements of Ambatale–CINEC Junction Road (from
Ch. 0+000km to Ch. 1+883km) including 5 years of Performance Based Maintenance.
3. The rehabilitation/ improvement activities (the Works) include:
• Site Clearing and Excavation;
• Road formation improvement;
• Sub Base construction, Dense Graded Aggregate Base complete with Asphalt Concrete;
• Drainage construction / improvements;
• Construction of Culverts Retaining Structures.
• Relocation of utilities
• Traffic Signs & Markings
4. National Competitive Bidding (NCB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s
Single-Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure (1S1E) and is open to all Bidders from eligible
Bidders as described in the Bidding Document.
5. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this
(i) Pending Litigation shall not represent more than 50% of the bidder’s net worth.
(ii) The bidders’ net worth within last 3 years shall be positive.
(iii) Minimum Average Annual Construction Turnover (AACT) within last 3 years, financial
resources, similar construction experience within the last 5 years & construction
experience in key activities as given in the table below:
Date: 7 November 2016
3027-SRI: Southern Road Connectivity Project
Rehabilitation/Improvements of Ambatale–CINEC Junction Road (from Ch.
0+000km to Ch. 1+883km) including 5 years of Performance Based
8 December 2016, 2:00 pm (local time)
Construction Experience in Key
As stated in
Section 3, 2.3.3
with a value of
Asphalt Concrete Paving – 3,500 Tons
in 12 months Aggregate Base Course –
1,400 Cu.m in 12 months.
Earth works 8,700 Cu.m in 12 months.
6. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, eligible bidders should
The Project Director,
Southern Road Connectivity Project (SRCP).
Road Development Authority (RDA),
No. 434/2 Denny Hettiarachchi Mawatha,
Telephone: 94-011-2884045 & 2884047
Facsimile number: Fax: 94-011-2884043
Electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. To purchase the bidding documents in (English) eligible bidders should;
(i) Write to address above requesting for the bidding documents for the Contract Package
(ii) Pay a non-refundable fee of Sri Lankan Rupees (SLR) 28,000 (Including VAT) or
US$ 200 by cash or bank draft in favour of the Southern Road Connectivity Project
(SRCP) in respect of the bidding document.
The bidding documents will be issued during normal working days from 9.00 am to 3.00
pm at the address under para 6 above, from 8 November 2016 to 7 December 2016.
8. Deliver bids:
(i) To the address below on or before the deadline: 2:00 pm on 8 December 2016.
Ministry Procurement Committee,
C/O Chief Accountant,
Ministry of Higher Education & Highways,
8th Floor, “Maganeguma Mahamedura”,
Denzil Kobbekaduwa Mawatha, Battaramulla,
(ii) Together with a Bid Security in the amount as specified in the Bidding Documents. For
the purpose of determining the equivalent amount of the required Bid Security in a freely
convertible currency, the selling exchange rate published by the Central Bank of Sri
Lanka prevailing on the date 28 days prior to the deadline for Bid submission shall be
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline, in the presence of bidders’
representatives who choose to attend.
9. The bidder shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of its Bids,
and the Employer shall not be responsible or liable for those costs, regardless of the conduct or
outcome of the bidding process.