Second Vocational Education and Skills Development Project
| Published October 21, 2016 - Deadline December 6, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The Kyrgyz Republic has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB)
towards the cost of Second Vocational Education and Skills Development Project. Part of
this loan will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to bidders
from eligible source countries of the ADB.
2. The Agency for Vocational Education under Ministry of Labor, Migration and
Youth of the Kyrgyz Republic (the “Purchaser”) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders
for the procurement of training equipment for vocational schools of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The bidding covers two (2) lots and bidders may bid for one or both lots, as further defined in
the bidding document. Bidders may offer discounts and these discounts will be considered in
the evaluation process provided such discounts are mentioned in the Letter of Bid and
announced at bid opening.
• Lot 1. Construction, cooking, agriculture equipment
• Lot 2. Vehicles and energy equipment
Goods supplying shall be completed within 5 months after contract signing. The
technical requirements of the supply are contained in Section VI: Schedule of Supply.
3. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single
Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure.
4. Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should meet the following
a) Minimum average annual turnover over the last 3 years shall be at least:
• For Lot 1 – 2 300 000 USD (or equivalent in KGS)
• For Lot 2 – 2 600 000 USD (or equivalent in KGS)
For bidder/s of multiple lots, the aggregated average annual turnover over the
last 3 years will be assessed.
Date: 21 October 2016
2902-KGZ: Second Vocational Education and Skills Development Project
VESDPII/G/ICB/-2: Supply of training equipment for vocational schools of
the Kyrgyz Republic
6 December 2016, 14:00 p.m. (local time)
b) For each lot, the Bidder shall have at least one (1) similar contract successfully
completed as main supplier within the last 3 years.
5. The pre-bid meeting will be held on November 11 2016, 14:00 p.m. Bishkek time.
6. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, Bidders should contact:
PIU of Second Vocational Education and Skills Development Project
720031, Manas ave. 22a, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Tel.: +996 312 31-30-53
Attention: Mr. Z.Ashirbekov, Procurement Specialist of PIU
7. To purchase the Bidding Document, eligible bidders should:
• Write to the address above requesting the bidding documents for the Supply of training
equipment for vocational schools of the Kyrgyz Republic (Contract No. VESDPII/G/ICB/2)
and submit proof of having deposited the non-refundable fee referred to below.
• Pay a nonrefundable fee of KGS 7 000 or $100.00 for each set to be collected from the
PIU office, and if requesting for delivery include an additional payment of US$20.00 for
each set for local delivery or US$150.00 for each set for overseas delivery. The
document will be sent by courier. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
• The method of payment will be by direct deposit to the account: “Second Vocational
Education and Skills Development Project”, Agency for Vocational Education under
Ministry of Labor, Migration and Youth of the Kyrgyz Republic. The bank details are as
Kyrgyz Investment and Credit Bank Kyrgyzstan (SWIFT Code: KICB KG 22)
11/1 Manas ave., 720017, Bishkek c., Kyrgyz Republic
For Kyrgyz Soms: Account No. 1280096005607588, Bank Code 128009
For US Dollars: Account No. 1280096005607487, Bank Code 128009
8. Bids in English, one (1) original and two (2) copies, must be delivered sealed to the
address below on or before 14:00 p.m. on 6 December 2016. Bids must be accompanied with
a Bid Security in the amount described in the bidding document.
9. Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened immediately on 6 December 2016 at
14:00 p.m. in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address
10. The address referred to above is:
Manas ave. 22a, 2nd floor, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic