Science and Technology II - P127308
Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of Republic of Croatia | Published March 18, 2015 - Deadline April 8, 2015
Providing Feasibility Study And Cba For Three (3)
R&d&i Infrastructure Projects
REPUBLIC OF CROATIA
Ministry of Science, Education and Sports
Second Science and Technology Project (STP II)
IBRD Loan No. 82580-HR
REQUESTFOR EXPRESSION OFINTEREST
Proc. ref. no.STPII-CS-28
Providing Feasibility Study and CBA forthree (3) R&D&I Infrastructure Projects:
1. Centre for Advanced Laser Techniques (CALT), Institute ofPhysics, Zagreb
2. Croatian Scientific and Educational Cloud (HR-ZOO), UniversityofZagreb, University Computing Centre (SRCE)
3. Open Scientific Infrastructural Platforms for InnovativeApplications in Economy and Society (O-ZIP), Ru?er Bo?kovi? Institute, Zagreb
1. The Republic of Croatia has received 20 million EUR from theInternational Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) for the implementation of Second Science and Technology Project (STPII). Through the STP II, the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports (MSES) has the objectives to (i) improve the capacity ofCroatian R&D and innovation institutions to implement Europe 2020 strategy for increased investments in R&D throughefficient absorption of EU funds and (ii) develop a pipeline of public and private R&D projects, including research groups,that could qualify for financing through EU structural funds. MSES intends to apply part ofthe proceeds to cover eligible payments under the contract for providing Feasibility Study and CBA for three (3)R&D&I Infrastructure Projects.
2. The consultant services under this Request for expression ofinterest include preparationof Feasibility Study and CBA for three (3) R&D&I Infrastructure Projects.
Consulting services shall includepreparation of:
§ Analysis of the current state- Reviewof all existinginformation, reports and studies relevant to the Project,
§ Oneplanned and at least two alternative options of implementing the Project,
§ Feasibility study and establishing the technical, economic, environmental and social feasibility of theProject,
§ Financial and economic analysis (CBA),
§ Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA),
§ Technical Documentation Report,
§ Implementation and procurement schedule for the project,
§ Project Application for the European RegionalDevelopment Fund (ERDF).
Implementation of activities envisaged under this contract should result in high-quality professional and technicalbasis for preparation of options and selection of the most favorable solution of the scienceand technology infrastructure (based onexisting planning and technical documents, studies and other documents), that are technically and operationally compliant with EUstandards and economically and operationally sustainable and socially affordable in Croatian circumstances.
3. The Ministry of Science,Education andSports now invites eligible consultants to send their letter of interest with documentsindicating that they are qualified to perform the services,in English (max 30pages), containing the following information:
§ Description of thefirm, core business and years in business, staff qualifications and basic financial indices in operation of the firm during thelast 3 years,
§ Qualification in thefield of the feasibility studies and cost benefit analysis for research and development or healthcare buildings and infrastructureincluding reference list of similar projects,
§ General qualification and number of key staff (CVs are not required at thisstage).
4. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. The associationmaytake in the form of a Joint Venture (JV) or a sub-consultancy. In thecase of a Joint Venture, all members of the JV shall bejointly and severally liable for the assignment. Interested consultants should clearly indicate the structure of their associationand the duties of the partners and sub-consultants in their application. A firm shall submitonly one EOI in the same selectionprocess either as a single entity or as a partner in a Joint Venture. No consulting firm can be a sub-consultant while submittingan EOI either as a single entity or as a partner of a joint venture in the same selection process. However, a firmmay participatein more than one consultancy, but only in the capacity of a sub-consultant.
6. The consultant will be selected in accordance withthe procedures set out inthe World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011 underQuality- and Cost Based-Selection (QCBS) method.
4. Interested Consultants may obtain further information regardingdetailed Terms of Reference at the Ministry's website http://public.mzos.hr/Default.aspx?sec=3534 or at the addressbelow, Monday - Friday, from 9 A.M. to 3 P.M.
5. Expression of interest must be delivered to the address below nolater than April 8, 2015:
Ministry of Science, Education and Sports
Project Implementation Unit
Attn. Mr. Darko Jurekovi?
Donje Svetice 38, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Or by e-mail: STPII@mzos.hr
Tel.+385 1 4594552
Class No.: 910-04/15-04/00011
Reg. No.: 533-19-15-0001