IT operations for revenue and customs administrations Expert to assist with the development and implementation of MCC Threshold Programs
Millennium Challenge Corporation, MCC | Published June 30, 2015 - Deadline July 24, 2015
1) This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information including in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. The Solicitation number is MCC-15-RFQ-0167 and is issued as a Request for Quotations (RFQ). This solicitation document incorporates all mandatory commercial item provisions and clauses that are in effect through the most recent Federal Acquisition Regulation amendments which can be found at http://www.acquisition.gov/far/index.html
2) The North American Industrial Classification Systems (NAICS) code is 541611 and the small business size standard is $14 million.
3) FAR Clauses 52.212-1 through 52.212-5 apply to this procurement. The exact text and wording of clauses and provisions may be obtained from the Internet at http://acquisition.gov/far/index.html. The Government contemplates the award of a Time and Materials Order resulting from this solicitation. NOTE: An Addendum to FAR clause 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items, (Alt I) is attached.
4) The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is a U.S. Government corporation whose mission is to provide assistance that will support economic growth and poverty reduction in carefully selected countries that demonstrate a commitment to just and democratic governance economic freedom, and investments in their citizenry. For more information on the MCC, please visit www.mcc.gov.
5) THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR AN INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT AND IS NOT FOR INDIVIDUALS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT DIRECT WITH MCC. PLEASE VISIT: http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Independent-Contractor-Defined FOR INFORMATION REGARDING INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS. Note: MCC will assist the consultant in coordinating with an Independent Contractor Engagement Services Provider for payroll, travel, international travel insurance, etc., therefore, a DUNS number and registration in System for Award Management (SAMS) is not required.
6) Description of Services: MCC intends to procure the services of one subject matter expert in IT operations for revenue and customs administrations to assist with the development and implementation of MCC Threshold Programs.
7) This combined synopsis and solicitation notice is a request for competitive quotations. Therefore, all quotations received prior to the RFQ close date will be considered.
8) The Government will award an order to the responsible independent consultants(s) whose quote conforming to this notice represents the best value in terms of technical criteria, past performance and price. All non-price factors (technical criteria and past performance) are more important than price. If options are included, quotes will be evaluated by adding the total price for all options to the total price for the basic requirement. Evaluation of options shall not obligate the Government to exercise the options(s).
9) Evaluation Factors. Only quotes which meet the mandatory technical evaluation criteria will be considered.
Technical Evaluation Criteria:
(a) Masters Degree from accredited university in business administration, computer information systems, or similar fields.
(b) Minimum of 10 years experience assessing or designing IT systems and operations for developing country governments, including some experience in revenue and customs administrations
(c) Minimum of 5 years experience working with tax and customs administrations internationally to conduct assessments, develop recommendations, and implement modernization and reform activities.
(d) Experience developing analytical models for revenue and customs administrations and providing capacity building to ensure that those models are effectively used.
(e) Thorough understanding of international donor community and technical assistance projects for revenue and customs administrations that support risk management, automation and development of IT infrastructure and associated procedures
Past Performance: Three (3) professional references for relevant work performed during the past three years.
The government will examine the proposed rate for reasonableness.
10) Evaluation Methodology. The Government will perform a comparative analysis of quotes and will assess the advantages and disadvantages of each quote as related to the Evaluation Factors.
11) Quote Deadline. Independent Consultants are invited to submit their quotations in response to this notice by 2:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST), July 24, 2015. Only e-mailed requests for additional information will be accepted at MCCConsultants@mcc.gov by 2:00 pm EST on July 19, 2015. Quotations submitted in response to this notice shall include the solicitation number MCC-15-RFQ-0167 AND description in the subject line and be signed, dated and submitted via email to MCCConsultants@mcc.gov. The maximum file size is 10mb.
12) Exclusion of Quotes and Communications
At any time prior to award, including upon receipt of quotes, the Government may exclude a quote from further consideration for reasons such as (but not limited to): non-compliance with instructions related to this solicitation; the quote is not among the most highly rated; or the quote is not likely to be selected for award. The Government need not notify an offeror that its quote has been excluded from further consideration nor need it provide the offeror with a pre-award debriefing. However, the offeror will be provided post-award notification and if requested, a brief explanation of the basis of the award decision.
After receipt of quotes, the Government will conduct an evaluation. The Government intends to evaluate quotes and issue a contract/ order without communications with offerors. However, during the evaluation process, the Government may, solely at its discretion, communicate with an offeror for any purpose, such as to gain a better understanding of the quote. As a result of such communication, the Government may allow offerors to submit quote revisions. If quote revisions are allowed, the Government may, solely at its discretion, impose non-common due dates for the revisions. In other words, the Government may elect to have a quote revision date for an offeror that is different than the quote revision date for another offeror(s). The Government need not conduct communications with all offerors. Rather, the Government may, at its discretion, conduct communications with one or only some offerors. Furthermore, the Government need not permit all offerors to submit quote revisions. Rather, the Government may, at its discretion, seek quote revisions from only one or only some offerors.
13) Quote Submission. The Individual Consultant shall submit the following document:
a. Technical: (1) Cover letter that addresses all technical criteria as listed in this solicitation; (2) Curriculum Vitae (25 page maximum), Microsoft Word file
b. Past Performance: Three professional references, with contact phone and email information, Microsoft Word file
c. Price: Bio-Data Form which includes the independent consultant's proposed rate and salary history (See link below). PDF file, completed and signed.
PLEASE DO NOT COMBINE YOUR SUBMISSION INTO ONE (1) DOCUMENT. DOCUMENTS (a), (b), &(c) MUST BE SUBMITTED AS SEPARATE DOCUMENTS.
14) FAR 52.212.3, Offeror Representations and Certifications - Commercial Items shall be required from the selected consultant, prior to the time of award.
15) There are no additional contract requirements(s) necessary for this acquisition other than those consistent with customary commercial practices.
16) See attached documents, (1) Addendum to FAR Clause 52.212-4, (Alt I); (2) MCC Bio-Data Sheet and (3) Statement of Work.