Landscape Consultant Appeals
South Cambridgeshire District Council | Published December 24, 2015 - Deadline January 29, 2016
David Huskisson Associates Ltd
SCDC is seeking to appoint a contractor that can be called upon when required to support Planning and New Communities in contributing to the delivery of various planning appeals on landscape matters, on behalf of the local planning authority. The work programme would be dependent on the appeals submitted and the timescales set by the Planning Inspectorate.
The appeals currently submitted to the planning inspectorate that would require specialist landscape expertise include:
S/1615/14/FL & S/2409/14/FL (Hearing): Refusal for planning permission for Solar farm at Land North of Dales Manor, Business Park, West Way, Sawston.
S/2791/14/OL (Public Inquiry): Refusal for outline permission for residential development of up to 199 dwellings plus a care home of up to 75 beds at Land to the east of New Road, Melbourn.
The type of work would include defending the Council's decision through the assessment of impact of development proposals of various types and scales including solar farms, development within the green belt, development outside village boundaries, landscape setting and character, detailed landscape design etc.
The consultant will be expected to deliver the following:
• Review all the relevant material for the appeal including carrying out a site visit.
• Liaise with the Councils appointed town planning Consultants, legal team other specialists and Council officers as appropriate acting on behalf of the Council.
• Draft relevant sections on landscape matters of the statement of case, statement of common ground and proof of evidence substantiating the Council's reasons for refusal.
• Represent the Council at informal hearing, as an expert witness at Public Inquiry and visiting the site as part of the appeal process with the Planning Inspector when required.
• Co-ordinate with other specialist on cross-disciplinary impacts.
• Debrief and disseminate lessons learnt from the appeal.
For further information please download the project brief available via Contract Finder.