TZ-Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Project - P123134
Kinondoni Municipal Council | Published May 27, 2016 - Deadline June 22, 2016
Consultancy Services For Implementation Support And Capacity
Building To The Project Implementation Unit (piu) In Kinondoni Municipal Council Under Dmdp
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
KINONDONI MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
TENDER NO. LGA/017/2015-2016/C/08
THEPROVISION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FORIMPLEMENTATION SUPPORT AND CAPACITY BUILDING TO THE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT (PIU) IN KINONDONI MUNICIPAL COUNCIL UNDERDMDP
DAR ES SALAAMMETROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (DMDP)
IDA CR. NO.5585-TZ
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
1. This request for expression ofinterest follows the General Procurement Notice for the Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Development Project that appeared in the UN DevelopmentBusiness online of April 22, 2015.
2. The Government of the United Republic of Tanzaniahas received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Development Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the creditwill be used to cover eligible payments under the contract for the Provision of Consultancy Services for ImplementationSupport and Capacity Building to the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in KinondoniMunicipal Council under the Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Development Project (DMDP), coordinated by the President's Office, RegionalAdministration and Local Government (PO-RALG).
3. The overall objective of the Consultancy services is: (i) to provide overallsupportto the Kinondoni MC PIU in technical aspects, procurement, environmental and resettlement aspects of the activities, andmonitoring and evaluation; all of which are the responsibility of Kinondoni MC PIU, and;(ii) to assist the PIU in identifying majorissues, proposing solutions and in reporting on project progress to PO-RALG and World Bank as required by GoT and the WorldBank.
4. The Consultant's team will provideimplementation support, capacity development, and awareness building. Specifically, the consultant will (i) provide technicalsupport to ensure that project implementation will fully comply with all World Bank policy and operational requirements in terms ofprocurement and social and environmental safeguards and other aspects as set out in the WorldBank's Project Appraisal Document(PAD) (ii) coordinate activities between all 4 project components to ensure consistency and to provide common reporting formats andassist the PIU in preparation of regular reports to PO-RALG and the World Bank; (iii) design and conduct capacitystrengtheningprograms for respective PIU; (iv) carry out overall sub-projectmonitoring and regular environmental and social (RAP) monitoring as required by GoT and World Bank; (vi) advise the PIU on theintroduction of innovation and knowledge initiatives (as referred to in the PAD), and; (vii) develop and deliver training to staffof the PIU and of relevant MC departments.
5. The Consultant's team will compriseinternational and national experts who will work collectively as a team in delivering the required outputs and will provide closeday to daysupport to the PIU in close cooperation of concerned government agencies, PO-RALG and the World Bank. Particularly, theexperts in the teamwill work with, assist and advise the PIUs in project implementation support, capacity development, andawareness building, coordinating, where necessary with the PO-RALG DMDP PCU, and other relevant agencies.The consultant's team members willinclude the (i) TeamLeader/Engineer;(ii) Monitoring &Evaluation Expert; (iii) Environmental Expert; and (iv) Social and ResettlementExpert.
6. The MunicipalDirector, Kinondoni Municipal Council, now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate theirinterest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the requiredqualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are: (i) general experience in provisionof technical support and capacity building activities in institutions, organizations, government agencies, local government, etc.;(ii) Specific experience in provision of technical assistance and advice to project/program implementation units/agencies inquality assurance to implementation processes, supervision consultancies, contractors, project monitoring & evaluation, projectreporting systems, preparation of report,closing of projects, etc.; and (iii) experience in provision of technical support onenvironmental, social and resettlement/RAP issues during implementation of infrastructure projects. Information to be providedshould include name of assignment, name and full contact address ofthe client, role of consultant if lead, joint venture orsub-consultant, input of the consultant in the assignment, assignment value, duration, dates/period of execution of assignment,etc.
Firms may associate with other firms in the formof a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
7. This is not a request for proposals (RFP). After areview of the expressions of interest, a shortlist will be prepared and the short-listed consultants will be invited to submittheir proposals through a letter of invitation including specific terms of reference. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank'sGuidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loansand IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers [current edition] ("Consultant Guidelines"), settingforth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest. A consulting firm will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) methodset out in the Consultant Guidelines.
8. Interested consultants may obtain furtherinformation at the following address during office hours from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. local time from Monday to Friday, excludingpublic holidays: the Municipal Director, Kinondoni Municipal Council, P.O. Box 31902, 2 Morogoro Road 14883, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania,Telephone: +255 22 2170923, Fax: +255 22 2172951, E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org copied to Project Coordinator, Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Development Project (DMDP),4th Floor, LAPF Millennium Towers, Kijitonyama, P.O. Box 34314, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania,Telephone+255-22-2700765/9, Fax: +255-22-2700768, E-mail: email@example.com .
9. The deadline forsubmissionof Expressions of Interest is on Wednesday, June 22, 2016at 10:00 a.m. local time, to be addressedto the Secretary, CouncilTender Board,Kinondoni Municipal Council, Morogoro Road, Office of theProcurement Management Unit (PMU), Room No. 4, P.O. Box 31902, 2 Morogoro Road 14883, Dar es Salaam,Tanzania. Expressions of Interest should be submitted in writing and have to be enclosed in plain sealedenvelopes. Expressions of Interest sent by post must be registered. Envelopes containing Expressions of Interest must be clearly marked "STATEMENT OFEXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE PROVISION OF IMPLEMENTATION SUPPORT AND CAPACITYBUILDING TO THE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT (PIU) IN KINONDONI MUNICIPAL COUNCIL UNDER DMDP".
2 Morogoro Road14883,
Dar esSalaam, TANZANIA.
Telephone: +255 22 2170923,
Fax: +25522 2172951