1 June 2016: the procurement notice is updated as follows - evaluation criteria has been revised, please refer to Note 2 below for updated evaluation criteria.
Finance and Technology Transfer Centre for Climate Change (FINTECC) is the main technology transfer programme of the EBRD in the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation. It was created to facilitate technology deployment in countries where technology market penetration is currently low. The programme fulfils its objectives through a combination of policy dialogue, technical assistance and grant financing.
The EBRD launched its FINTECC Programme in Ukraine to support private and public stakeholders to adopt climate technologies, resulting in greater efficiencies, lowered costs and increased competitiveness of Ukrainian companies.
A FINTECC Ukraine Innovation Voucher will be a voucher provided to Ukrainian private companies to partially pay for an external expertise to facilitate innovations, development and improvement of climate technologies.
The EBRD intends to engage a consultancy firm or organization (the “Project Manager”) to run the Innovation Voucher Scheme (the “Scheme” or the “Assignment”). The Project Manager in coordination with EBRD will support the implementation of the Innovation Voucher, including marketing, processing applications, eligibility verification, assisting with terms of reference and contracts for the innovation services, developments and improvements provided to the Innovation voucher’s beneficiaries by external experts or organizations, verifying implementation of innovation those contracts, preparing justifications and Innovation Voucher disbursement requests, reporting to the EBRD.
The Project Manager is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Promote Innovation Voucher through targeted public awareness and marketing campaigns, including marketing materials and web-site;
- Ensure the criteria of the Scheme are clearly defined, consistently applied and updated;
- Ensure funding is applied consistently in line with the eligibility criteria and is supported by an appropriate level of validation to avoid misuse of funding;
- Establish partnerships with network organisations that could facilitate the links with potential beneficiaries in different sectors;
- Establish partnerships with network organisations that could facilitate the links with potential service providers in different sectors;
- Develop and identify a pipeline of voucher beneficiaries and list of eligible service providers;
- Provide eligibility checks of companies, innovation services and service providers based on the eligibility criteria;
- Process Innovation Voucher grant applications;
- Maintain and update a database of applicants, service providers, completed projects and fund utilization/availability, monitor scheme’s Key Performance Indicators;
- Report to the EBRD.
Status of Selection Process: Interested organization, firms or groups of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in August 2016 and has an estimated overall duration of 24 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 250,000; exclusive of VAT.
The consultant must determine whether any VAT would be chargeable on the services and the basis for that determination, without taking into consideration the Bank's special status as an IFI and state this to the Bank in their response to the Invitation for Expressions of Interest. To the extent that a consultant incurs input VAT on goods and services purhcased in connection with the provision of services (e.g. VAT on airline ticket) which is not otherwise recoverable by the consultant from the local tax authority, the gross cost to the consultant of such expenses shall be treated as a reimbursable expense.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the contract will be financed through EU Neighbourhood Investment Facility.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Corporate Services are required.
The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms preferably with previous project experience relating to project management and administration, including budgetary administration, of international programmes and projects related to innovations, knowledge sharing, public private partnerships. Local expertise and presence are required.
The Consultant’s team should at least consist of the following Key expertise:
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected for this Assignment, the information submitted should include the following:
- Company/group of firms' profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages);
- Details of previous project experience or similar assignments preferably undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives;
- CVs of key experts who could be available to work on the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly preferably undertaken in the previous ten years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), experts months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives;
- Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The above information should not exceed 20 pages excluding CVs and contact sheet.
The complete expression of interest (including CVs and Contact Sheet) shall be one file (pdf or Word), not exceeding 4MB, to be uploaded to eSelection. The EBRD reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
Expressions of Interest shall be submitted, in English, electronically through e-Selection, to reach the Bank not later than the closing date.
Bank Contact Persons:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 7185
(submissions should be sent through eSelection and NOT to this email address)
Note 1: Selection and contracting will normally be made from responses to this notification. The consultant will be selected from a shortlist, subject to availability of funding.
Note 2: The evaluation criteria are as follows:
- Firm’s experience relating to project management and administration, including budgetary administration, of international and local programmes and projects - 15%
- Firm’s experience in local and international programmes and projects related to innovations, knowledge sharing, public private partnerships - 15%
- Firm’s previous relevant project experience in Ukraine - 30%
- CVs of Key experts - 40%
Shelter Implementation Plan
This notice updates the General Procurement Notice for this project published on the EBRD Web site on 03 February 2015.
STATE SPECIALIZED ENTERPRISE "CHERNOBYL NPP" (Client) intends to use the proceeds of the Chernobyl Shelter Fund for the procurement of goods, works and services contracts in the following areas over the next twelve months:
The Project Management Unit (PMU), which ensures that the Shelter Implementation Plan (SIP) is completed on time, within budget limits and within defined quality standards, will conduct the tendering process.
Tendering for the above contracts is expected to begin in the first quarter 2016. Tenders for major procurements are not anticipated and it is foreseen that procurements will be of a strictly limited nature utilizing the EBRD Shopping mode of procurement.
Contracts to be financed with the proceeds of a grant will be subject to the Bank's Procurement Policies and Rules and will be open to firms from any country.
The proceeds of the Bank’s grant will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations or under a law of official regulation of the Purchaser’s country.
Interested suppliers, contractors and consultants should contact:
Mr. Richard Hale
Procurement & Contracts Manager
Project Management Unit (PMU)
7/1, 77 Gvardeyskaya Diviziya Str.
Tel: +380 (45) 792 7956 Fax: +380 (45) 792 8838