Punjab Skills Development - P130193
PIU of Punjab Skills Development Projects | Published August 20, 2015
General Procurement Notice
This notice has been cancelled as of 20-Aug-2015. Please do not respond.
Punjab Skills DevelopmentProject
1. This general procurement notice updatesthat published in Daily The News, Lahore, Pakistan and Daily Nawa-i-Waqt, Lahore, Pakistan, of 19th August, 2015.
2. The Industries, Commerce &Investment Department, Government of the Punjab, Pakistan has received a credit from the World Bank for development of PunjabSkills Development Project in the amount of US$ 50 Million equivalent, towards the cost of Punjab Skills Development Project, andit intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments forgoods, works, related services, and consulting services tobe procured under this project.
3. The project will include the followingcomponents:
· A sectoral analysis including an overview of the Technical Education and Vocational Training (TVET) sector, an assessmentof the market's capacity to absorb newly skilled labour targeted under the Government's sectoral plan, a forecast of industrydemand for skills, supplyside analysis oftrainees' demand for skills and of course supply,and assessment of capacity and constraints on TVETdelivery.
· Identify / prioritize opportunities for capacity and quality enhancement withinexisting TVET system, and measures to close gaps between requirements and existing conditions of TVET sector, includingorganizational and policy changes, and institutional reforms; strengthening linkages with industry and training providers inprivate sector, introducing performance basedincentives, revival and strengthening of Apprenticeship System and Job Placement,develop monitoring and evaluation and quality assurance mechanisms to track and ensure strategy implementation and results;andidentify technical assistance, develop TORs and support hiring of additional consultants.
· Develop detailed roadmap and operational plan of strategic measures with actions and sub-activities and responsibleagencies to address sectoral constraints, including short-term quick wins; and identify financial plan of additional resourcesrequired for TVET sector strategy implementation.
4. Procurement of contracts financed by thecredit will be conducted through the procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDACredits, January 2011, and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the guidelines. Consulting services will be selectedin accordance withthe World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by Bank Borrowers, January 2011.
5. Specificprocurement notices forcontracts to be bid under the World Bank's international competitive bidding procedures and for large-value consultants' contractshave been announced, as they have become available, inDaily The News, Lahore, Pakistan and Daily Nawa-i-Waqt, Lahore, Pakistan, of19th August, 2015, withclosing date as 08-09-2015.
6. Prequalification of suppliers andcontractors is required for Technical Assistance for Sectoral Analysis and Strategy Development in the Punjab Skills Sector,contracts.
7. Interested eligible firms who wish to beincluded on the mailing list to receive an invitation to prequalify under international competitive procedures, and interestedconsultants who wish to receive a copy of the advertisement requesting expressions of interest for large-value consultants'contracts, or those requiring additional information should contact:
PIU of Punjab Skills DevelopmentProjects
Attn: Deputy Director (Q&R), PIUof PSDP
2-Bank Road Lahore, Punjab,Pakistan
Tel: 92 4299210538