MV: Pension and Social Protection Admin. - P104743
Maldives Pension Administration Office | Published April 17, 2015 - Deadline April 30, 2015
Public Relations Expert (international)
Maldives Pension Administration Office
Republic of Maldives
Ref No.: 216-MPAO/I/2015/28
Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)
Pension and Social Protection Project(Additional Financing)
Date: April 14,2015
Public Relations Expert(international)
The Government of the Republic of Maldiveshas received additional financing from the International Development Association (IDA) to strengthen administration of socialassistance programmesunder the Maldives Pension and Social Protection Administration Project (PSPAP), and intends to apply part ofthe proceeds under the contract for a Public Relations Expert.
The objective of this assignment isto
· Devise a strategy to enhance the level of awarenessof pension scheme and instill the importance of pension scheme in the minds of the general public taking the awareness to a next level than it is today;
· Develop communication strategy and associated workplan in line with the Corporate Objectives ensuring that awareness of the MRPS reaching the target audienceeffectively;
· Develop, maintain and update the MPAO advocacy andcommunication strategy and associated work plan. Strategy and work plan include: stakeholder assessment; objectives; targetaudiences;messages and media mix; resources; specific actions, activities and products; monitoring and evaluation of impact;success and opportunity for improvement; ongoing refinement of the strategy.
· Advanced university degree in Communication,Journalism, Public Relations.(Or an undergraduate degree plus at least 5 years of demonstrated professional experience in the fieldof journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporatecommunications.)
· Five years of progressively responsible andrelevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media. International and national workexperience.
· Considerable experience developing andimplementing public awareness strategies in support of government sponsored-programs.
· Experience working in environments wheredistance and lack of infrastructure create challenges with the implementation of public awareness strategies and generaldisseminationof information.
· Experience working with public awarenessstrategies that deal with public pension's other social protection programs would be an asset.
· Experience working in developing countries,preferably Asia.
· Superior communicationskills.
· Proficiency in reading, writing andspeakingEnglish.
The Services are required immediately, initially for a period of approximately 1month.
The Maldives Pension Administration Office, (MPOA) now invites interestedeligible individual candidates to submit their applications. Interested candidates must provide the following information thatdemonstrates they are qualified to perform the services:
1. Electronic/hard copy of up-to-date CV.
2. Relevant experience ? description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriateskills, etc. based on the TOR.
3. Professional Fees ?expected daily rate.
4. Availability ?earliest date of availability to begin work in the Maldives, as well as a general indication of theavailability in future.
Public Relations Expert will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out inthe World Bank's Guidelines: Selection andEmployment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers,May 2004, revised October 2006.
Interested individual candidates may obtain an outline TOR from www.pension.gov.mv and further information and the TOR at the address belowduring office hours (8:00 am and 4:00 pm).
Interested candidates must deliver their proposal to the following address before April 30, 2015 at 16.00hours, by regular mail, emails or fax.
Ms. Sujatha Haleem
Pension and Social Protection Administration Project
Maldives Pension Administration Office
Male', Republic of Maldives
Tel: +960 3309908 Fax: +960 3307759
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web site: www.pension.gov.mv