Long Term Contract for the Inspection, Maintenance and Repair Services of Workshop Equipment on ...
United Nations Secretariat | Published January 25, 2017
1. The United Nations Logistics Base/United Nations Global Service Centre (GSC) in Brindisi, Italy intends to establish a Long Term Contract (3 + 1 + 1 years) for the Inspection, Maintenance and Repair Services of Workshop Equipment on an “as and when required” basis, in order to support the various maintenance activities of the Central Maintenance and Repair Section (CMRS) Fleet, Generators and Facilities workshops located within GSC, Brindisi, Italy.
2. The CMRS workshops comprise a wide selection of items and equipment (which may vary throughout the contract period), including but not limited to: A/C Recharging Station, Air Compressor, Air Hydraulic Jack, Battery Charger, Crane Overhead, Dust Extraction System, Floor Polishers-Scrubbers Machines, Load Bank (Testing Generator), Vehicles Lifts, Welding Machines, Wheel Alignment Systems, Band Saw, Cutting Equipment, Exhaust Extraction System Workshop, Metal Cutting Machines, Lawn Mower Tractor, Portable Generator, Road Marker Machine, Sand Blasting Machine, Saw Bridge for Construction, Water Pump, etc.
3. The services shall include, but will not be limited to the following activities:
a) Regular Inspection Service (once every 12 months) as part of the Regular Maintenance regime, of all equipment and their components, resulting in a detailed Technical Inspection Report (TIR) in English language.
b) Regular Maintenance Service (following to the inspection) to be performed on the equipment once every 12 months in accordance with manufactures’ specifications.
c) Repair Service to be carried out after the approval of the Technical Inspection Report (TIR), which shall also include the list of spare parts repaired/replaced, certifications, tests, manuals, and description of repair works carried out.
4. Due to the nature of the business, the services will be performed by the Contractor in various CMRS Fleet, Generator and Facilities workshops located at GSC in Brindisi, Italy. Only in exceptional cases, GSC will request the Contractor to conduct the tasks at her/his premises. In such an event, the transportation, by truck only, must be organized by the Contractor. All costs related to the movement of items to/from the Contractor’s location will be borne by GSC.
The Contractor will be required to provide all planning, workforce, equipment, tools, system components, materials, vehicles, transport necessary to complete the services.
5. The full technical requirements and details will be provided with formal solicitation documents to be issued at a later stage, soon after the closing date for this EOI.