BR MST Rio Grande do Norte Regional Dev - P126452
SECREATARIAT OF PLANNING AND FINANCING | Published August 8, 2016 - Deadline September 22, 2016
The Selection And Hiring Of Expert Advice Of Legal Entity To
The Elaboration Of The Ecological Economic Macro-zoning Of The River Basin Piranhas-açu/rn
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST NOTICE Nº 49 /2016 - REPUBLICATION
THE SELECTION AND HIRING OF EXPERTADVICE OF LEGAL ENTITY TO THE ELABORATION OF THE ECOLOGICAL ECONOMIC MACRO-ZONING OF THE RIVER BASIN PIRANHAS-AÇU/RN
RN Sustainable Project? 8276-BR
1. The Government of Rio Grande do Norte, through the StateDepartment of Planning and Finance - SEPLAN, requested a loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development(hereinafter called the "World Bank") for the financing of the Integrated Project of Sustainable Development of Rio Grande do Norte- RN Sustainable Project - loan Agreement 8276-BR, and intendsto apply part of the proceeds of this loan to eligible paymentsunderthe terms of the Contract for hiring consultants, aiming to support the Project Management Unit in activities related toexecution of the Loan.
2. The Management Unit of the RNSustainable Project - PMU / SEPLAN has come through this expression of interest to inform that a Short List of consultingcompanies is being prepared for the Elaboration of the Ecological and EconomicMacro-zoning of the River Basin Piranhas-Açú/RN, in accordance with the procedures adopted by the World Bank and the resultsdesired by the State Government of Rio Grande do Norte, as the Guidelines for Selection and Contracting of Consultants financed by IBRD Loans and Credits and IDA Grants by World Bank borrowers, published versionin January 2011 ?Selection Method by the Quality and the Consultant Cost ?SQCC.
3. The intended services aimed specificallyto:
· Characterize thephysical media, biotic and social components of the area of the project, identifying its weaknesses and degrees of susceptibilityto the loss of environmental resources derived from natural processes and human intervention;
· Identify and analyze environmental problems such degraded areas by deforestation,livestock (ranching) or agricultural practice with loss or degradation of the soil and the surface water and groundwater, predatoryfishing and illegal hunting, irregular exploitation of forest resources and uncontrolled urban sprawl;
· Set up a database with broad/wide access and easeuse, with primary andsecondary information used in MZPAS (Ecological Economic Macro-zoning of the Piranhas-Açú/RN River Basin),including the metadata, spatializing the cartographic information in a Database Management System using a Geographic InformationSystem (GIS);
· Identify the various socialfactors/participants with accumulated knowledge about the reality of the territory, their specificities, demands and interactionswith each other and with the physical and biotic environment;
· Identify conflicts of interest between economic use of natural resources andenvironmental public policies;
· Combine the elements of physical, biotic and socioeconomic diagnosis, to establishexploratory macro scenarios with the aim of presenting environmentally sustainable alternatives to the social andeconomicdevelopment ;
· Delimit the geo-environmental units and diagnose the interactions of environmental systemsidentified in terms of vulnerability to eventualities of natural or human order, besides the capabilities and limitations of use,including in this stage, workshops in the municipalities (Assu, Angicos, Campo Grande,Currais Novos, the Matos Santana and Acari, preferably) for the hearing of the population;
· Propose the integration of actions aiming for the management of water resources inthe territorial planning, including the use of natural resources in the definition of proposals for the socio-economic development,entering the contributions of the population in the workshops of diagnosis;
· Propose goals and programs as strategicmeasures involving the productive sector, the population and municipal and state agencies;
· Prepare a technical proposal of MZPAS (Ecological Economic Macro-zoning of the Piranhas-Açú/RN River Basin), for the submissionto the inter-institutional technical monitoring committee and discussionswith the population through a workshop in the municipalities (Assu, Angicos, Campo Grande, Currais Novos, Santana do Mato andAcari, preferenciamente) for the hearing of the population;
· Raise and analyze the environmentallegislation and the existing water resources as well as theexisting institutional arrangements in the State (committees, councils,consortia, among others);
· Elaborate the standard draft for theimplementation of MZPAS (Ecological Economic Macro-zoning of the Piranhas-Açú/RN River Basin), and for theintegrated management of environmental resources of the Piranhas-Açu River basin;
· Elaborate a booklet for publicity(promotion) and facilitation of the implementation of MZPAS.
4. The Eligible Companies that are interested in providing the servicesmust express interest by means of correspondence accompanied by/together with information demonstrating the experience andexpertise required to perform the services, attesting/showing technical capacity gleaned from conducting similar studies/servicesthat have been completed and containing at least the following information:
Experience in the elaboration and monitoring of programs and / or projectsfor sustainable territorial planning.
Eliminatory and Classificatory
Experience in the elaboration and / or review of studies of ecological-economic zoning.
Experience in the implementation of actions aimed for the planning and management of environmental resources.
Experience in participatoryplanning.
5. Further informationmay be obtained at the office of Management Unit of the RN Sustainable Project, located in the Secretariat of State for Planningand Finance of Rio Grande do Norte (SEPLAN), Centro Administrativo do Estado, BR 101, km 0, Lagoa Nova, Natal / RN - CEP: 59064-901- Tel: 84 3232.1818 and Fax: 84 3232.1911, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. The Expressions of interest must be received by 17H00 of the day September 22th, 2016 - thedate of posting, accompanied by all Probative Documentation required, in a sealed envelope with the followingwords:
Secretaria de Estado do Planejamento e das Finanças
Unidade de Gerenciamento do Projeto RN Sustentável
Comissão Mista Especial de Licitação do Projeto ? CEML
Componente 1: Desenvolvimento RegionalSustentável.
Manifestaçãode Interesse Nº 41/2016
Centro Administrativo do Estado
BR 101 ? Km 0? Lagoa Nova ? Natal/ RN
JOSÉ MARIA DE MENDONÇA
President of the Special Joint Commission onProcurement and Biddings
of the RN Sustainable Project