BR Parana Multi-sector Development - P126343
Secretaria da Administração e da Previdência - SEAP | Published September 1, 2016 - Deadline September 21, 2016
Selection Of Consulting Firms In A Bird-financed Project For
The Elaboration Of A Plan For The Dimensioning Of Theworkforce Of Autonomous
Organizations And Of The Direct Administration Of The State Of Paraná
NOTICE OF REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST No. 07/2016
SELECTION OF CONSULTING FIRMS IN A BIRD-FINANCED PROJECT FOR THE ELABORATION OF A PLAN FORTHEDIMENSIONING OF THE WORKFORCE OF AUTONOMOUS GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATIONS AND OF THE DIRECT ADMINISTRATION OF THE STATE OFPARANÁ
Loan Agreement nº 8201-BR
1. The State of Paraná has received aloan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD),aimed at financing the Paraná Multi-sector Development Project.The project has as its main objective the modernization of themanagement of the public sector, aiming at improving the service provision and to make the access to opportunities of human andeconomic development more fair and environmentally sustainable in the State of Paraná.
2. The Multi-sector Project for the Development of Paraná has published its GeneralProcurement Notice on the United Nations DevelopmentBusiness (UNDB) Online on November 17th, 2014.
3. Thus, the Stateof Paraná through the State Secretariat ofPlanning and General Coordination and through the Department of Human Resources of the State Secretariat of Administration andSocial Security inform that they will prepare a Short List of companies for the execution of Consulting Services for theelaboration of a Plan for the Dimensioning of the Workforce of Autonomous Government Organizations and of the Direct Administrationof the State of Paraná, in accordance with the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants Under IBRD Loans and IDA Creditsand Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011. The selection will take place under the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS)method.
4. The services to be contracted aim toelaborate the plan for the dimensioning and planning of the reconstitution of the Workforce of Autonomous Government Organizationsand of the Direct Administration of the State of Paraná for the 2016/2026 period, with the indication of priority sectors and theirrespective costs, as well as suggestions for theimprovement of management that enable a more efficient use of resources associatedto the payroll. These services include:
a. A study of the current situation of the existing workforce, from qualitative, quantitative and cost analysisperspectives, per type of contract, position and role, with emphasis on the activities performed. This study must also cover theinstitutional data that concerns the workforce,such as its features, objectives and organizational structure. All work shall bebased on the current organizational structure of the Government of the State of Paraná.
b. Quantitative and qualitativedimensioning of the human resources that are necessaryto the Autonomous Government Organizations and to the Direct Administration of the Executive Branch, for each area, based ontemplates that have been developed in similar studies, on legislation applied to the sector and on the definition of specificparameters. The study must be based on the current and future conjunctures of the Government of the State of Paraná. Thequalitative dimensioning is expected to include the profile ofthe consultant needed for the studied area.
c. Development, diagnosis and dimensioning, based on theperformed tasks, of a plan forthe reposition of the work force, with suggestions of adjustments andmeasures to be made and taken ineach area in the short, medium and long term, considering the cost projections and the budget capacity of the StateGovernment.
d. Training andequipping managers for them to work as correspondents in the conception and application of methodsand tools from the DimensioningPlan, as well as training the projectexecutive group for the assimilation of the developed methods and forthe monitoring andmaintenance of the tasks.
e. Formulation of anITsystem that enables permanent support to the execution, processingand diagnosing of the dimensioning of the workforce with all ofits costs.
f. The completefulfillment of this project is projected to last for twelve months.
g. Reports must be delivered in all stages, describing in detail the executed tasks,their results, conclusions and recommendations, and including all documents from the information system. These reports constitutean integral part of this plan.
5. The eligible firms that are interested in provisioning the services must express their interest by submittinginformation that showcase they have the experience and competence necessary for executing the required services. For that, theymust present:
a. Companyorinstitution information, including: I) legal name; II) date of constitution of the company; III) full address; IV) phone numberand email; V) company website; VI) name of person in charge or representative of the company; VII) technical board, according toTemplate A.
b. A list ofcompanies and/or institutions that have benefited from similar tasks, finished or in conclusion, with a presentation of therespective proof of the executed services. Present a table filled accordingto the data requested in Template B.
c. A portfolio of past services executed to companies orinstitutions that have benefited fromitem 5b. These services must be as detailed as possible, including, among others: the year ofthe execution of the services, location, client information, objective, products, period of execution and contract price. Thecompany must present a table filled in accordance with the data requested on Template C.
d. Declaration of intention to constitute a Joint Venture, if applicable, with thename of the companies with which the Joint Venture will be constituted. The presentation of elements required on items 5a, 5b and5c must also carry the identification of which member of the Joint Venture is responsible for that particular provision ofservices. The formalization of the Joint Venture will only be required for the signing of thecontract.
e. Other information or documentsthat the company may deem relevant for demonstrating their experience in the execution of these services.
6. This Expression of Interest does not imply any obligationto contract.
7. The companies andinstitutions shall be selected according to the evaluation criteria for the formation of the Short List, according to theirverified experience.
8. The World Bank rules requirethat consultants offer professional, objective and impartial advising, treating theinterests of the client as a priority, not considering the possibility of future contracts, and require that, in offeringconsulting services, they avoid conflicts with other tasks or with their own corporative interests. Consultants shall not be ableto be contracted for executing any task in conflict with their current obligations or obligations previously assumed with otherclients, or that may place them in a position that disables them from executing the tasks in a way that best suits the borrower'sinterests.
9. Selection andcontracting of consultancy services will follow the contents of the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants Under IBRDLoans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011. The Guidelines are available (in Portuguese) at: http://siteresources.worldbank.org/BRAZILINPOREXTN/Resources/3817166-1242680408578/Consultant_GLs_2011_PORT.pdf.
10. Not limiting the directions stated above, consultantsdescribed on paragraphs 1.9 (a), (b), (c) and (d) of said Guidelines shall not be contracted.
11. It is a Bank policy to ask of all borrowers, contractedfirms and its agents, in addition to all employees associated to them to adhere to the highest ethical standards during theselection and execution of contracts financed by the Bank in the terms of clause 1.23 of the Guidelines: Selection and Employmentof Consultants Under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011.
12. Further information may be obtained at thefollowing phone numbers: +55 (41) 3313-6413, +55 (41) 3313-6409; and at the following emailaddress: firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. The expressions of interest shall be received preferably though electronic means atthe following email address: email@example.com, through access links to web servers, ifapplicable.
14. Expressions ofinterest may also be received by mail,only in digital format in electronic means of storage (CDs, DVDs, flash drives, etc.) at thefollowing address: Palácio das Araucárias | Departamento de Administração de Material ? DEAM Equipe2 | Rua Jacy Loureiro de Campos,s/n° - 3º andar ? Ala A | Centro Cívico | CEP 80.530-140 | Curitiba ? PR, Brazil.
15. The expressions of interest shall be received until 6:00 pm of September 21st,2016.
Curitiba, September 1st,2016.
State Secretariat of Planning and General Coordination
Template A - Characterization of the company or institution (*)
Date of constitution ofcompany
Company website address
Person in charge of company, orcompanyrepresentative
* In case of thesubmission of additional documents in addition to the ones listed at the table, add accordingly:
Reference index (indicate thename of the submitted documents, the number of pages in each document, considering that each document must have continuous pagenumbering).
Template B - List of main projects, executed or in conclusion (**)
Date ofContract Signing
** In case of the submission of additional documents in addition to the ones listed at the table, addaccordingly:
Reference index (indicate the name of the submitted documents, the number of pages in each document, consideringthat each document must have continuous page numbering).
Template C - Portfolio of past services tocompanies or institutions that have benefited from item 5b. (***)
*** In case of the submission ofadditional documents in addition to the ones listed at the table, add accordingly:
Reference index (indicate the name of thesubmitted documents, the number of pages in each document, considering that eachdocument must have continuous pagenumbering).