REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh
Urban Resilience Project: DDM Part
Project Implementation Unit (PIU)
Department of Disaster Management (DDM)
Ref: 51.01.0000.029.001.16-91 Date: 18/09/2016
"Consultancy Services for Training Exercises and Drills (TED) Program for Department of Disaster Management (DDM), Fire Service and Civil Defence (FSCD), Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC), Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC), Sylhet City Corporation (SCC) and related institutions of the Government of Bangladesh involved in the Disaster Risk Management of Dhaka and Sylhet"(Package No: URP-DDM/S-3)
- This request for expressions of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in UN Development Business online on May 20, 2015. Government ofthe People's Republic of Bangladesh has received a credit from the International Development Association (The World Bank) in the amount of US$173.00 million equivalent towards the cost of the Urban Resilience Project (URP) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit towards payment under the contracts of"Consultancy Services for Training Exercises and Drills (TED) Program for Department of Disaster Management (DDM), Fire Service and Civil Defence (FSCD), Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC), Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC), Sylhet City Corporation (SCC) and related institutions of the Government of Bangladesh involved in the Disaster Risk Management of Dhaka and Sylhet". URP represents the second phase of a multi-phase national DRM program to build institutional capacity to mitigate the impact of earthquakes in the rapidly urbanizing cities of Bangladesh.
- With respect to the TED Program, one goal of the URP is to create a professional emergency management training track for Bangladesh via the establishment of a national training center, a robust training curriculum, and an accreditation program that will provide personnel with various desired skill sets, as well as internationally recognized credentials. In line with that goal, this ToR aims to engage the services of a qualified Consulting Firm with proven expertise and background on similar projects to provide the full range of professional services to fulfill the Scope of Works for this Consultancy, which are broadly two-fold: 1) The development, implementation, review, evaluation, and updating of a comprehensive, multi-track, and multi-agency program of training, exercises and drills to improve emergency response capabilities, preparedness and readiness of government institutions involved in disaster and emergency planning and response management; and 2) The coordination and evaluation of all vendors' training and competency specifications and requirements to ensure that all equipment, software, hardware and other tools are used to their full capacity, and can be maintained and upgraded accordingly.
- DDM now invites eligible consulting firms to express their interest in providing above mentioned services. The Consultant should compose of reputable firm(s) having similar experience in training and capacity building. Firm's experience in working with government entity in the field of Disaster Risk Management (DRM) will be an advantage.
- Interested consulting firms must provide information indicating their qualifications to perform the services. EOIs should include brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, summaries of firm's Financial, Managerial and Human Resource capabilities, availability of appropriate skills among key staffs with short biographies (one paragraph) etc.The language of the proposals and all supporting documents will be in English. In case, the supporting documents are in other languages, those must be translated in English and be authenticated by the respective embassy in Bangladesh of the applicant. The EOIs will be reviewed on the basis of the following but not limited to:
- Country and date of registration/ incorporation (age of firm)
- Experience of the firm in conducting assignments of similar nature (Similar Nature and/or Complexity including cost and duration of the assignments).
- Experience of the firm in other areas (Other experience including cost and duration).
- Availability of professionals with appropriate skills
- Organisation/Human Resource structure of the firm
- Availability of resources (financial)
- Availablility of other resources – logistics and support services of the firm
- Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications, but should mention whether the association is in the form of a "joint venture" or "sub-consultancy". In the case of an association, all members of such "association" should have real and well defined inputs to the assignment and it is preferable to limit the total number of firms including their associates to maximum of 5 (five).
- The consultant (Consulting Firm) will be selected under QBS method in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers.
- Interested consultants may obtain additional information from the office at the address below during office hours i.e. 0900 to 1700 hours, Sunday to Thursday. A draft Terms of Reference (TOR) is available at www.ddm.gov.bd
- Expressions of interest (3 copies) must be delivered to the address below by December 15, 2016. Electronic format of EOI submission will not be accepted.
(Md. Abdul Mannan)
Urban Resilience Project: DDM Part
Address: Office of the Project Director
Urban Resilience Project (DDM Part)
Department of Disaster Management
House # 121(3rd Floor), Road # 21,
DOHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka-1206.
Telephone: +88 02 9843123
Cellphone: +88 01923637839
N.B: Mr. Abdul Bari has been replaced by Mr. Md. Abdul Mannan and EOI submission date has been extended October 20 to December 15, 2016.