Personal Adviser Service for Care Leavers
Denbighshire County Council | Published December 17, 2015 - Deadline January 18, 2016
85300000, 85311300, 98000000
To provide a comprehensive Personal Adviser service for young people aged 16 to 24 who either still Looked After or who are Leaving Care to;
• act as mentors to young people who are living in and leaving care
• provide support, assistance and training to the young people referred ensuring they are well equipped to undertake successful transition to adulthood
• prepare young people to successfully leave care and lead safe, healthy and fulfilling lives where they can live independently, maintain positive relations with peers, adults and the local community and make a positive contribution to society
• ensure young people are engaged in learning, training or employment
• build resilience so that young people can effectively deal with future change
• break the cycle of poorer outcomes for children in care resulting in poorer outcomes for care leavers as adults and for the children of care leavers to have poorer outcomes and/or become children in care themselves.
The contract will be for 3 years from the 1st April 2016 priced at £134, 000 per year.
Please note this tender exercise is being run under the Public Contract Regulations 2015 New Light Touch Regime for Health, Social, Education and Certain other Service Contracts.