Turn-Key Project for the third phase of the Renovation and Maintenance of three Buildings (or wa ...
United Nations Secretariat | Published December 20, 2016
The United Nations Global Service Center/United Nations Logistics Base (GSC/UNLB), with its Headquarters located in Brindisi, Italy, seeks an appropriately qualified contractor for a Turn-Key Project for the third phase of the Renovation and Maintenance of three Buildings (or warehouses no. 118B, 118C and 118D) at the GSC/UNLB in Brindisi, Italy. These buildings of 9720 total square meters, are located in the Logistics Area of the UNLB compound, 40 meters far from the port dock and are metallic sheds. They were erected in the 1920's and used for the maintenance of the aircrafts during the Second World War and are currently used as warehouses. Each building is accessed on its main façade by doorways, they have concrete floors and external curtain walls in corrugated metal sheets and metal roofs covered with sandwich panels and skylights in polycarbonate.
The Renovation and Maintenance of Buildings 118B, 118C & 118 D - Phase 1 project, has been already implemented by GSC, and the Phase 2 project is under completion phase currently.
The current requirement is to carry out engineering works for the Renovation and Maintenance of Buildings 118B, 118C & 118 D– Phase 3, which consists of works related to external/internal refurbishment of the subject building, including civil works, electrical systems and plumbing systems for toilet/showers and restructuring of existing offices and general usage storage.
Works/Services include but are not limited to the following:
a. General Works:
1. Site preparation
2. Site cleaning
3. Safety Operational Plan (POS)
4. Detailed Work Program (Gantt Chart)
5. System Certification and documentation
6. Test and Certification
7. Obtention of the C.P.I. – “Certificato di Prevenzione Incendi” from the local Fire Brigade authority;
8. “As-Built” Drawings;
9. Executive Design of the electrical system (Toilets/shower, Janitor Room and General Usage Storage) and plumbing system (Toilet);
10. Maintenance Manual, Use Manual and Maintenance Plan as per Italian law.
b. Civil Works:
i. Buildings 118B, 118C & 118D:
1. Painting of the external back side façade of the Building 118 B, C, D;
2. Removal of Corrugated Sheet of Side and Back side façades and provision and installation of similar corrugated sheets when damaged;
3. Maintenance Building Roofs 118 B,C,D – Skylights and Roof Panels. Inspection, maintenance/repair, cleaning and sealing of the roof skylight panel joints with silicone materials in order to prevent any water leakages;
4. Front Side Window Building 118 D: Removal of existing corrugate sheet, located on the main facade of Building 118 D, and supply and installation of Aluminium Window;
5. Removal of Internal Flooring (General Usage, Batteries Storage and Spare Parts Storage Rooms), made of plastic/ceramic, and supply and installation of new porcelain tiles Flooring;
6. Cleaning, maintenance and replacing of external metal water grid;
7. Removal of External Ventilation Pipes installed to the back facade of the Building 118 B,C,D made of steel material;
8. Maintenance, repairing and painting of external metal staircases.
ii. Women’s Toilet and New Janitor Room/Shower Buildings 118D:
1. Removal of Internal Paint;
2. Supply and installation of Painting of the internal surfaces;
3. Removal and Replacement of Bathroom Items;
4. Women’s Toilet: removal of existing electrical system including lighting, sockets, cablings;
5. Women’s Toilet: supply and installation of civil type electrical system;
6. Removal of internal existing access doors and supply and installation of new internal aluminium door.
7. Removal of Existing internal Partitions made of concrete/stone blocks;
8. Removal of Internal Flooring and Wall Covering;
9. Removal of Existing Internal Plaster and Painting, Plumbing System and Toilet Items, Existing Electrical System, External Existing Steel Window and Door;
10. Supply and installation of new plumbing system, internal partition in concrete blocks, Flooring, including the Wall Covering, pre premixed plaster for interior surface (ceiling and walls), and painting;
11. Supply and installation of new civil type electrical system, internal aluminium door and windows, wooden doors for the new two toilets, and toilet items;
12. Maintenance of the roof tiles in local stone "lastre di Cursi".
iii. Office Building, General Usage Storage Areas internal and external in Buildings 118 C - D:
1. Removal, Supply and Installation of Internal Flooring, False Ceiling, Wall Wooden Panels, Electrical system, Bakelite panels (6 mm. thickness) for walls, false ceiling with mineral fibre and galvanized steel interlocking frame, Anti-blast Film for Windows, aluminium doors;
2. Maintenance / repairing of external staircase and handrails;
3. Internal Plaster and Painting.
The Contractor shall provide all labor, equipment and materials required to perform the project, including all tests and certifications as per Italian Legislation in force.
The full technical requirements and details will be provided with a formal solicitation document to be issued at a later stage soon after the closing date for this EOI.