Kathmandu Valley Water Supply Improvement Project - Additional Financing
| Published October 27, 2016 - Deadline December 4, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The Government of Nepal has received a loan from Asian Development Bank (ADB)
towards the cost of Kathmandu Valley Water Supply Improvement Project - Additional
Financing and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to eligible payments under the
contract for Laying of Pipe lines, Construction/ Rehabilitation of Reservoir and other Civil
Works, Rehabilitation of Deep Tube well including Well Development and
Electromechanical works (Lot No. 1, 2, 3, & 4) (the “Works”). Bidding is open to bidders from
eligible source countries of the ADB.
2. Kathmandu Upatyaka Khanepani Limited (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from
eligible bidders, based on post-qualification criteria, for the construction and completion of the
3. The Works mainly comprises of following:
• Lot 1: Rehabilitation of reservoir including repair, cleaning, maintenance work,
demolition & dismantling and other small works in Mahankal Chaur Tank area,
Sundarijal area and Tanker Filling Section under Mahankal Chaur KUKL Branch Office.
• Lot 2: Rehabilitation of reservoir/sedimentation tank including repair, cleaning,
maintenance work, demolition & dismantling and other small works in Sundarighat under
Tripureshwor KUKL Branch Office.
• Lot 3: Rehabilitation of deep tube-well including well development, electromechanical
Works at various locations of Kathmandu Valley
• Lot 4: Laying of pipe line including reinstatement work, cleaning, maintenance work,
demolition & dismantling and other small works in Khokana to Sainbhu area and
Pharsidole to Bungmati under KUKL Lalitpur Branch Office.
Detailed description of the works is mentioned in clause 22.214.171.124 of Section II: General
Technical Specifications of Section 6: Requirements – Specifications. Bidders may bid
for one or more lots, as further defined in the Bidding Document.
Date: 27 October 2016
3255-NEP: Kathmandu Valley Water Supply Improvement Project -
Laying of Pipe lines, Construction/ Rehabilitation of Reservoir and other
Civil Works, Rehabilitation of Deep Tube well including Well Development
and Electromechanical works (Lot No. 1, 2, 3, & 4)
4 December 2016, 12:00 Noon, Nepal Standard Time (NST)
4. National Competitive Bidding (NCB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s
Single-Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries
as described in the Bidding Document.
5. Only experienced and eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should
participate in this bidding:
REQUIREMENTS LOT 1 LOT 2 LOT 3 LOT 4
Minimum average annual
construction turnover calculated
as total certified payments
received for contracts in progress
or completed out of three (3)
years within last five (5) years.
Participation as a construction
contractor in at least one contract
within the last five (5) years that
has been successfully or
substantially completed and that
is similar to the proposed works,
where the value of the Bidder’s
6. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact:
Project Management Unit (PMU),
Kathmandu Upatyaka Khanepani Limited,
Kathmandu Valley Water Supply Improvement Project
Street Address : Tripureshwor
City : Kathmandu,
Country : Nepal
Tel No. : 977 1 4249157
Fax No. : 977 1 4258824
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
7. To purchase the Bidding Document, eligible bidders should on or before 3 December
2016, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm:
• either visit the office of Project Management Unit at the address indicated above and
deposit a non-refundable fee of NRs 10,000.00 in the Bank Account mentioned below; or
Name of Bank : Nabil Bank Limited, Tripureshwor, Kathmandu
Account Name : Kathmandu Upatyaka Khanepani Limited
Account No. : 0201017501616
Swift Code : NARBNPKA
• An electronic copy of the bidding documents will be provided on CD/USB-Drive to all
purchasers of the bidding documents. In the event of any discrepancy between hard
copy bidding documents and soft copy bidding documents, the hard copy shall
prevail. Bidders shall use the purchased hard copy of the bidding documents furnished
to them, for purposes of bid submission. Bidder shall also submit the soft copy of the Bill
of Quantities in Microsoft Excel file format provided during the purchase of the bid
8. A pre-bid meeting shall be held at 2 PM (NST) on 22 November 2016 at PMU, KUKL
Head Office, Tripureshwor, Kathmandu.
9. Deliver your bid:
• To the address above
• On or before 4 December 2016; 12:00 Noon (NST). Late Bids will not be accepted.
• Together with a Bid Security in the amount as specified in the Bidding Document
(Section 2: Bid Data Sheet Clause ITB 19.1)
10. Bids will be opened immediately after the bid submission deadline in the presence of
bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
11. In case the day of final Bid submission falls on a public holiday, the final Bid submission
date shall be following working day.
12. The KUKL/Project Management Unit will not be responsible for any costs or expenses
incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of Bids.