Kathmandu Valley Water Supply Improvement Project - Additional Financing
| Published April 20, 2017 - Deadline May 21, 2017
Invitation for Bids
1. The Government of Nepal has received financing from the Asian Development Bank
(ADB) toward the cost of Kathmandu Valley Water Supply Improvement Project - Additional
Financing. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the Contract named above.
Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. Kathmandu Upatyaka Khanepani Limited (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from
eligible bidders, based on post-qualification criteria, for the construction and completion of the
3. The “Works” mainly comprises of following:
• Lot 1: Laying of pipe line including reinstatement work, cleaning, maintenance
work, demolition & dismantling and other small works in Khokana to Sainbhu area
and Pharsidole to Bungmati under KUKL Lalitpur Branch Office.
• Lot 2: Rehabilitation of reservoir/sedimentation tank including repair, cleaning,
maintenance work, demolition & dismantling and other small works in
Sundarighat under Tripureshwor KUKL Branch Office.
• Lot 3: Rehabilitation of deep tube-well including well development,
electromechanical Works at various locations of Kathmandu Valley
Detailed description of the works is mentioned in clause 126.96.36.199 of Section II: General
Technical Specifications of Section 6: Requirements – Specifications.
Bidders may bid for one or more lots, as further defined in the Bidding Document.
4. National Competitive Bidding (NCB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s
Single-Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries
as described in the Bidding Document.
5. Only experienced and eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should
participate in this bidding:
Date: 20 April 2017
3255-NEP: Kathmandu Valley Water Supply Improvement Project -
Laying of Pipe lines, Construction/ Rehabilitation of Reservoir and other
Civil Works, Rehabilitation of Deep Tube well including Well Development
and Electromechanical works (Lot No. 1, 2, & 3)
21 May 2017, 12:00 Noon, Nepal Standard Time (NST)
REQUIREMENTS LOT 1 LOT 2 LOT 3
Minimum average annual construction
turnover calculated as total certified
payments received for contracts in progress
or completed out of three (3) years within
last five (5) years.
Participation as a construction contractor in
at least one contract within the last five (5)
years that has been successfully or
substantially completed and that is similar
to the proposed works, where the value of
the Bidder’s participation exceeds:
6. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact:
Project Management Unit (PMU),
Kathmandu Upatyaka Khanepani Limited,
Kathmandu Valley Water Supply Improvement Project
Street Address : Tripureshwor
City : Kathmandu,
Country : Nepal
Tel No. : 977 1 4249157
Fax No. : 977 1 4258824
E-mail : email@example.com
7. To purchase the Bidding Document, eligible bidders should on or before 20 May 2017,
from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm:
• visit the office of Project Management Unit at the address indicated above and deposit a
non-refundable fee of NRs 10,000.00 in the Bank Account mentioned below;
Name of Bank : Nabil Bank Limited, Tripureshwor, Kathmandu
Account Name : Kathmandu Upatyaka Khanepani Limited
Account No. : 0201017501616
Swift Code : NARBNPKA
• An electronic copy of the bidding documents will be provided on CD/USB-Drive to all
purchasers of the bidding documents. In the event of any discrepancy between hard
copy bidding documents and soft copy bidding documents, the hard copy shall
prevail. Bidders shall use the purchased hard copy of the bidding documents furnished
to them, for purposes of bid submission. Bidder shall also submit the soft copy of the Bill
of Quantities in Microsoft Excel file format provided during the purchase of the bid
8. A pre-bid meeting shall be held at 2 PM (NST) on 11 May 2017 at PMU, KUKL Head
Office, Tripureshwor, Kathmandu.
9. Deliver your bid:
• To the address above
• On or before 21 May 2017; 12:00 Noon. (NST). Late Bids will not be accepted.
• Together with a Bid Security in the amount as specified in the Bidding Document
(Section 2: Bid Data Sheet Clause ITB 19.1)
10. Bids will be opened immediately after the bid submission deadline in the presence of
bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
11. In case the day of final Bid submission falls on a public holiday, the final Bid submission
date shall be following working day.
12. The KUKL/Project Management Unit will not be responsible for any costs or expenses
incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of Bids.