Cambodia GPE Education Support Project - P144715
Ministry of Education Youth and Sport (MoEYS) | Published March 17, 2015 - Deadline April 30, 2015
Construction Phase I
Ministry of Education Youth and Sport
The Second EducationSector Support Project (SESSP)
GPEF Grant NO. TF017490
Identification No. MOEYS-SESSP-CW-ICB-001
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business, issueno. WB4562-09/14 dated 5 September 2014 and posted in Rasmei Kampuchea Daily Newspaper and the Cambodia Daily on 5 September2014.
2. The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) hasreceived a Grant from the Global Partnership of Education (GPE) to fundthe Second Education Sector Support Project (SESSP). Thegrant is administered by the International Development Associate (IDA). This SESSPproject is implemented by Ministry of EducationYouth and Sport (MoEYS) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to payments under the contract for the worksshown in the table below:
Estimated cost of contract inUSD
Construction of 2 Pre-schools in Phnom Penh
Construction of 6 Pre-schools inKampong Chhnang
Construction of 3 Pre-schools inPursat
Construction of 6 Pre-schools in Battambang andPailin
Construction of 4 Preschools in BanteayMeanchey
Construction of 5 Pre-schools in SiemReap
Construction of 4 Pre-schools in Oddar Meanchey and PhreahVihear
Construction of 4 Pre-schools in KampongThom
Construction of 6 Primary School in Kampong Chhnang,Pursat,Battambang and Pailin
Construction of 4 Primary-schools inB.Meanchey
Construction of 4 Primary School in Siem Reap, OddarMeanchey, PreahVihear and Kampong Thom
Construction of 7 DOE in Phnom Penh Kg. Chhnange, Battambang,Banteay Meanchey and Siem Reap
Construction of 24 Community Pre-School in Phnom Penh,Kampong Chhange
Construction of 26 Community Pre-School in KampongChhange
Construction of 25 Community Pre-School in Pursa andBattambang
Construction of 24 Community Pre-School in Battambang andPailin
Construction of 23 Community Pre-School in Banteay Meancheyand Siem Reap
Construction of 31 Community Pre-School in Siem Reap, OddarMeanchey
Construction of 22 Community Pre-School in Pheah Vihear andKampong Thom
Construction of 24 Community Pre-School in KampongThom
Construction of 20 Community Pre-School in Kampong Cham andTbong Khmum
Construction of 28 Community Pre-School inKratie
Pleaserefer to Annex 1 of the bidding documents: Detailed Information for Construction Phase I.
The Package consists of 22 lots as listed in the above tableand the Bidders may bid for one lot or multiple lots. The Bid evaluationand qualification criteria are included in Section III of the bidding document. The contract award will be on a lot by lotbasis.
3. The Ministry of Education Youthand Sport now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidder for the works as included in the table above.This invitation to bid isopen to all eligible bidders, including construction firms who have not previously bid for World Bank-financed projects in Cambodiabut are interested in participating and meeting the simplified qualification requirement.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the WorldBank's Guidelines: "Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consultanting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits& Grants byWorld Bank Borrowers dated January 2011".
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Second Education Sector Support Project (SESSP) and inspect the biddingdocumentsat the address below from 17 March 2015 to 29 April 2015, 08:00 - 12:00 and 13:30 ?17:30 hours (CambodiaTime), Monday through Friday, except public holidays.
6. Qualifications requirement is provided in theSection III of these bidding documents. A margin of preference foreligible national contractors/joint ventures shall be applied at the rate of 7.5%. Additional information is provided in thebidding documents. If a bidderparticipates in multiple lots, in order to be qualified to be awarded multiple lots, the bidder will be required to cumulativelymeet the requirements. Documentary evidence shall be provided by the bidders.
7. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of awritten application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of USD 100 or its equivalent inCambodian Riel being 400,000.00. The method of payment will be either by cash or transferto the following account:
Account Name: Designated Account for Secondary EducationSector Support Project
Account Number: 000000014805
Bank Name: National Bank of Cambodia
Swift Code: NCAMKHPPXXX
For those whorequest, the bidding documents will be sent by courier upon payment of anadditional courier fee of USD 100.00, if so requested, upon confirmation of payment.
In case of any difficulty in purchase of the bidding documents, interested parties may contact inwriting to:
Second Education Sector Support Project(SESSP),
Ministry of Education Youth and Sport, #80, Preah Norodom Boulevard, Phnom Penh, Cambodia,Tel: (855) 23 216 370, Fax: (855) 23 722 512,
b. Project Manager
Second Education Sector Support Project (SESSP),
Ministry of Education Youth and Sport,
#80, Preah Norodom Boulevard, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Phone/Fax: (855) 23 210 554, Email:email@example.com
And also send the copy to:
Department of Cooperation and Debt Management,
Ministry of Economy and Finance,
New Building, ST.92, Sangkat Wat Phnom, Khan Daun Penh,
Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Fax No. (855) 23 725 341
b. Mr. Simeth Beng
Senior Operations Officer,
World Bank CambodiaOffice.
# 113, Preah Norodom Boulevard, Phnom Penh, Cambodia,
Tel: (855) 23 861 300, Fax No. (855) 23 861301/302
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before2:00p.m. on 30 April 2015. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders'representatives, who choose to attend in person at the address below at 2:00p.m. on 30 April 2015. Interested public/NGO/Civil societies may alsoattend the bid opening
9. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration as indicatedin Section IV: Form of Bid Securing Declaration.
10. The address(es) referred to above is:
(a) Theaddress for (i) obtaining of information (ii) collection of bidding document
(iii) submission of bid document, and (iv) openingof bids, is:
Ministry of Education Youth and Sport(MoEYS)
SecondEducation Sector Support Project (SESSP)
# 80, Preah Norodom Boulevard, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
(Ministry'smeeting room #A for bid submission and bid opening).
Attention:Mr. Chey Sith, Director of Procurement Unit, MoEYS
and Project Procurement Officer, SESSP,
Phone/Fax: (855) 23 215 202, Phone: (855) 23 220 927
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.moeys.gov.kh/en/procurement
11. The Bidders are requested to submit as part of the bid 'thestatement of Ethical Conduct and Fraud and Corruption' and in case of misleading information or non adherence to the Fraud andCorruption provision of the bidding documents, the Bidder shall be pursued by the Government of Cambodia/ or the IDA.
12. The Government of Cambodia and the IDA will respectively declarea firm ineligible either indefinitely or for a stated period of time, to be awarded a contract funded by the Government of Cambodiaand the IDA, if it at anytime determines that the firm has engaged in corrupt or fraudulent, coercive or collusive practices incompeting for or in executing a contract.