Closure and recultivation of the existing dumpsite
This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which was published on the EBRD website, Procurement Notices (www.ebrd.com) on October 14, 2014.
Municipal Enterprise “Bishkek Sanitary Landfill” for and on behalf of Bishkek City Administration, Kyrgyz Republic hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”, intends using part of the proceeds of a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the Bank) and of a Grant from the Investment Facility for Central Asia of the European Union EU IFCA (the Grant) towards the cost of Bishkek Solid Waste Project.
The Employer now invites sealed tenders from contractors for the following contract (s) to be funded from part of the proceeds of the loan and the grant:
Closure and recultivation of the existing dumpsite, approx. area 36 ha
Tendering for the contract to be financed with the proceeds of the loan from the Bank and the Grant is open to firms from any country.
To be qualified for the award of a contract, tenderers must satisfy the following minimum criteria:
- General criteria
Participation of joint ventures and consortia is allowed. A company nominated to be the leader of a joint venture or a consortium (hereinafter the Leader) shall have not less than 60 % of the qualifying criteria; the other members (hereinafter the Partners) shall have not less than 25% of the qualification criteria. The joint venture must satisfy collectively all the qualifying criteria. The relevant figures for each of the partners shall be added to arrive at the joint venture's total capacity. Individual members of the joint venture must each satisfy the requirements for financial reports and litigation.
- General Experience. The Tenderer shall have an average annual turnover (defined as annual turnover calculated in a hard currency equivalent) as a contractor over the last 5 years of not less than equivalent of 3 million EUR per year.
- Specific experience. The Tenderer shall have experience of successful implementation of at least 3 (three) contracts of a nature and complexity comparable to the proposed contract in the capacity of a general contractor, and has the following specific experience within the last 5 (five) years:
Experience of construction
- Recultivation of at least 3 (three) dumpsites, including at least one to be at least 30 hectares in area and at least two to include construction of impervious layer and construction of a gas collection and release system.
- Construction experience gained in similar climatic conditions (from +30oC to -30oC).
- Designing of at least 2 (two) dumpsites recultivation, including at least one of an area of minimum 30 hectares, and at least one to include construction of impervious layer and construction of a gas collection and release system, with a volume of waste disposal not less than 2.5 million tons with carrying out detailed experimental research on geology, hydrogeology, environmental impact study, and on the volume and quality of generated landfill gas.
- Designing experience gained in similar climatic conditions (from +30oC to -30oC).
- Personnel Capabilities
Construction Management Team
For each position the Tenderer shall provide information in a form given in the Tender Documents, Section IV, Tender Forms.
Tender documents may be obtained from the office at the address below upon payment of a non-refundable fee 200 (two hundred) EUR or equivalent in another convertible currency or Kyrgyz Som (calculated at the rate of the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic on the date of issuance):
Beneficiary name: Municipal Enterprise “Bishkek Sanitary Landfill”
For payment in KGS:
Beneficiary Bank: JSC “Ayil Bank”,
Beneficiary account №: 1350100021067521
Remittance information: Payment for tender documentation BSWM-5
For payment in EUR:
Correspondent Bank: (FIELD 56A)
Name: Raiffeisen Zentralbank Osterreich AG
Beneficiary Bank: (FIELD 57A)
Name: Aiyl Bank
Beneficiary (FIELD 59)
Remittance information: Payment for tender documentation BSWM-6
Name: ME «Bishkekskiy Sanitarniy Poligon» Еuro
Upon receipt of appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee, the documents will promptly be dispatched by courier; however, no liability can be accepted for their loss or late delivery. In addition, if requested, the documents can be dispatched electronically after presentation by the prospective tenderer of an appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee. In the event of discrepancy between electronic and hard copies of the documents, the hard copy shall prevail.
All tenders must be accompanied by a tender security of 55,000 (Fifty five thousand) EUR.
Tenders must be delivered to the office at the address below on or before 15:00 Bishkek time on March 3, 2017, at which time they will be opened in the presence of those tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend.
A register of potential tenderers who have purchased the tender documents may be inspected at the address below.
Prospective tenderers may obtain further information from, and inspect and acquire the tender documents at, the following office:
Mrs. Almira Ginyatullina,
PIU Bishkek Solid Waste Project
Street Address: 495А Zhibek Zholy Avenue
Postal Code: 720033
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Tel/fax: +996 312 325 223
This is an update of the original notice (Ref 7816-GPN-44129) published in February 2015.
The production and operational management unit “Bishkekvodokanal” (Bishkek Water Company) intends using the proceeds of a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“the Bank”) and grants from the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (“SECO”) and Global Environment Facility Special Climate Change (“GEF SCCF”) administered by the Bank to improve the water and wastewater services in the City of Bishkek. The proposed project, which has a total estimated cost of EUR 16 million equivalent, will require the procurement of the following goods, works and services:
- Drilling of 35 new boreholes at Orto-Alysh
- Drilling of 35 new boreholes
- Supply of 35 new pumps
- Supply of raising pipes, valves
- Transformer sub-stations and electrification of new wells
- Construction of transmission main D-1000mm
- Construction of sewerage collector
- Design of 17.5 km of sewerage collector
- Construction of 17.5 km of sewerage collector
- Laboratory equipment
Tendering for the above contracts is expected to begin in the third quarter of 2016.
Contracts to be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank and grants from SECO and GEF SCCF will be subject to the Bank's Procurement Policies and Rules and will be open to firms from any country. Certain tendering restrictions will apply to Swiss financed project components. The proceeds of the Bank's loan will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, of for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter
VII of the Charter of the United Nations or under a law of official regulation of the Purchaser's country.
Interested suppliers, contractors and consultants should contact:
Head of POMU “Bishkekvodokanal”
10 Microdistrict, 35
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic 720023
Tel: +996 312 561655
Fax: +996 312 542119