This is an update of the original notice (Ref 7816-GPN-44129) published in February 2015.
The production and operational management unit “Bishkekvodokanal” (Bishkek Water Company) intends using the proceeds of a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“the Bank”) and grants from the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (“SECO”) and Global Environment Facility Special Climate Change (“GEF SCCF”) administered by the Bank to improve the water and wastewater services in the City of Bishkek. The proposed project, which has a total estimated cost of EUR 16 million equivalent, will require the procurement of the following goods, works and services:
- Drilling of 35 new boreholes at Orto-Alysh
- Drilling of 35 new boreholes
- Supply of 35 new pumps
- Supply of raising pipes, valves
- Transformer sub-stations and electrification of new wells
- Construction of transmission main D-1000mm
- Construction of sewerage collector
- Design of 17.5 km of sewerage collector
- Construction of 17.5 km of sewerage collector
- Laboratory equipment
Tendering for the above contracts is expected to begin in the third quarter of 2016.
Contracts to be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank and grants from SECO and GEF SCCF will be subject to the Bank's Procurement Policies and Rules and will be open to firms from any country. Certain tendering restrictions will apply to Swiss financed project components. The proceeds of the Bank's loan will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, of for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter
VII of the Charter of the United Nations or under a law of official regulation of the Purchaser's country.
Interested suppliers, contractors and consultants should contact:
Head of POMU “Bishkekvodokanal”
10 Microdistrict, 35
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic 720023
Tel: +996 312 561655
Fax: +996 312 542119
Executing Agency (Client):
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
The Client Contact Person:
Mr. Uran Raimbekov, Deputy CEO
JSC Bishkekteploset Zhukeeva-Pudovkina, 2/1,
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +996 772 539793
The EBRD Contact Person:
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
Tel: + 44 20 7338 6338
Fax: +44 20 7338 7451
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD” or the “Bank”) has developed a project (the “Project”) together with Bishkek District Heating Network Company (the “Company”) to modernise the district heating (“DH”) system in the City of Bishkek (“Bishkek” or the “City”) in the Kyrgyz Republic.
The Client now intends to retain a consulting company (the Consultant) to support the Company and its Project Implementation Unit in all aspects of the Project implementation, including preparation of design, technical specifications, tender documentation, assistance with tendering, tender evaluation and contract finalisation, administration and supervision of the contract implementation including the implementation of the Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP), as well as set up of the disbursement system (the Assignment).
The overall objective of the Consultant is to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the Project by rendering assistance to the Company, as the ultimate assets owner, in the implementation of the Project, including design, all aspects of procurement and disbursement and environmental and social (“E&S”) requirements.
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
- Review and make recommendations on updates (when necessary) to the Project Procurement Plan, including updating of initial cost estimates and setting priorities between the Project components.
- Provide project management support to the PIU as required, including appropriate design and preparation of technical specifications; contract supervision and administration; and implementation of the ESAP, environmental and social management and monitoring plan, Stakeholder Engagement Plan (“SEP”) and preparation of annual environmental and social reports to the Bank.
- Review the existing designs and/or prepare missing designs for the existing pump station reconstruction, SCADA system and construction of the new pump station in accordance with Kyrgyz construction norms and requirements for procurement of works.
- Assist the Company in developing tender documents (including, but not limited to, design, requirements and technical specifications, EHSS requirements for contractors), carrying out tender procedure, preparing evaluation report and contract, and submit the necessary documents to the Company and EBRD for their concurrence and “no-objection”.
- Provide overall project management support to the Company to co-ordinate, manage, monitor and evaluate all aspects of the Project.
- Ensure that the Company will arrange payments to the contractor, to whom payment has been certified, to ensure that all such payments are made in due time, and that appropriate control and record systems are in place to ensure compliance with financiers and the country reporting requirements.
- Provide support for the supervision of works and administration of contracts.
- Support the arrangement of timely disbursements under the contracts.
Status of Selection Process: Interested firms or group of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in February 2017 and has an estimated overall duration of 36 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: EUR 600,000 (exclusive of VAT).
The Consultant must determine whether any indirect taxes/VAT are chargeable on the proposed services and state the basis for such. If any indirect taxes/VAT are payable, the Client will have to pay indirect taxes/VAT element to the services directly to the Consultant unless otherwise agreed.
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the contract will be financed by the Technical Cooperation Funds managed by EBRD. Selection and contracting is subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions.
Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with preferably previous project experience related to:
- The provision of project implementation support, engineering design services and contract supervision services, including specific experience in the district heating sector, preferably in the region and;
- Projects involving the procurement policies and rules of international financial institutions (such as the EBRD, World Bank or others) as applicable construction works and acquiring the equipment for the projects in comparable climatic and geological conditions.
The Consultant’s expert team is expected to include key experts as follows:
- Key Expert No 1: Project Manager with preferably 10 years or more of previous professional experience in operations of a district heating network and in the municipal district heating sector in Central Asia, preferably in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Key Expert No 2: IFI Procurement and Contracts Experts with preferably 10 years or more of previous professional comparable experience in similar assignments in the district heating sector in Central Asia, preferably in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Key Experts No 3: Financial and Disbursement expert with preferably 10 years or more of previous practical experience in Financial Consultancy to Communal Enterprises preferably District Heating Enterprises;
- Key Experts No 4: International District Heating Engineer with preferably 10 years of practical international experience in design and supervision of procurements and construction works in district heating projects;
- Key Experts No 5: Local District Heating Engineer with preferably 10 years of practical experience in design and supervision of procurements and construction works in district projects including construction and/or remediation of district heating networks gained in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Key Expert No 6: International District Heating Designer with preferably 10 years of practical experience in design works for district heating networks using modern design software applicable to district heating network design;
- Key Expert No 7: Local District Heating Designer with preferably 10 years of experience in design works for district heating networks using modern design software applicable to district heating network design;
- Key Expert No 8: Environmental, Health & Safety and Social experts with preferably 10 years or more of previous professional experience in the successful implementation of comparable assignments and with demonstrated knowledge of the environmental and social standards of the EBRD or other comparable institutions;
- Key Expert No 9: Construction Supervisor Engineers with preferably 10 years of practical experience in similar Projects.
(Pool of Additional Experts) consisting of local support staff (translator, office manager, secretary)
All experts shall have all the relevant professional qualifications/certificate and licenses required under the applicable laws in the Republic of Kyrgyz for performing the role for which they are proposed in the contract.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected, the information submitted should include the following:
1. Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages).
2. Details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives.
3. CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives.
4. Completed Consultant Declaration Form and Contact Sheet, the template for which is available from the following web-link:
The expression of interest shall not exceed 20 pages (excluding CVs Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
The complete expression of interest (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet) should be submitted, in English and Russian via email (pdf) to the Client’s contact person, to reach the Client not later than the closing date. One additional copy shall reach the Bank’s contact person by the same due date. The expression of interest shall be one file (pdf). The Client reserves the right to reject applications of firms submitting more than one file. Only if any limitation on the permissible file size is exceeded, the Consultant may split the expression of interest into further files.
1. Following this invitation for expressions of interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals. Consultant selection and contracting will be subject to availability of funding.
2. The shortlist criteria are as follows:
- The provision of project implementation support, engineering design services and contract supervision services, including specific experience in the district heating sector, preferably in the region (30%);
- Projects involving the procurement policies and rules of international financial institutions (such as the EBRD, World Bank or others) as applicable construction works and acquiring the equipment for the projects in comparable climatic and geological conditions (20%);
- CV of Key Expert No1 (10%)
- CV of other 8 Key Experts (40%)
Invitation for Bids 1. The Government of Kyrgyz Republic has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) toward the cost of L3212/G0419 Toktogul Rehabilitation Phase 2 Project (Lot I). The Kyrgyz Republic has applied for a financing from ADB and EDB towards to the cost of L49013-KGZ Proposed Rehabilitation Phase 3 Project (Lot II). The Government of Kyrgyz Republic intends to apply a portion of the funds to eligible payments under the contract(s) for which this Bidding Document is issued. Under L3212/G0419 Toktogul Rehabilitation Phase 2 Project, ADB and EDB will co-finance the funds to the cost for Lot I comprising of two turbine-generator units (Unit 2 and Unit 4) and associated auxiliary system. Under Proposed Toktogul Rehabilitation Phase 3 Project, Kyrgyz Republic has applied to both ADB and EDB to fund the cost of Lot II comprising of the remaining two turbine- generator units (Unit 1 and Unit 3) and associated auxiliary systems. Bidders are advised that the effectiveness of Lot II contract is conditional to ADB and EDB financing availability. 2. The Open Joint Stock Company Electric Power Plants (EPP) (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the works and services in two (2) lots as follows: Lot I: EPC Contract for Rehabilitation of Toktogul powerhouse by replacing 2x300MW turbine generator unit 2 and 4 and associated auxiliary systems Lot II: EPC Contract for Rehabilitation of Toktogul powerhouse by replacing 2x300MW turbine generator unit 1 and 3 and associated auxiliary systems Bidders are required to submit proposals for all of the lots. If a bidder fails to submit bids for all of the two (2) lots, such bids received shall be declared invalid, rejected and returned unopened to the Bidder. It is intended that all two (2) lots will be awarded to the single successful bidder. 3. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB's Single Stage, Two-Envelope Bidding Procedure. No nationality restrictions apply, other than any restrictions arising from ITB 4.7. Date: 2 September 2016 Loan No. and Title: L3212/G0419 Toktogul Rehabilitation Phase 2 Project and L49013-KGZ Proposed Toktogul Rehabilitation Phase 3 Project Contract No.: Package No. 2, Lots I and II: Toktogul Powerhouse Rehabilitation – Design, Supply, Installation, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning Deadline for Submission of Bids: 2 November 2016, 14:00 AM (local time) 4. The main qualification criteria requires, among others: a. Participation as contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor in at least two (2) contracts that have been successfully or substantially completed within the last ten (10) years and that are similar (construction or rehabilitation) to the proposed contract, where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds US$ 100 million. The similarity of the Bidder’s participation shall be based on the physical size, nature of works, complexity, methods, technology or other characteristics as described in Section 6 (Employer’s Requirements); b. experience in design, manufacturing, installation, and commissioning of at least two (2) Francis or Reversible Francis type hydro turbines and generators with capacity of at least 240 MW each; However, for complete eligibility and qualification requirements, bidding document should be referred. 5. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding document, bidders should contact: Mr. Chyngyz Dokbaev Manager of the Project Implementation Unit Open Joint Stock Company Electric Power Plants 326 Jibek Jolu Avenue, Bishkek 720070 Kyrgyz Republic Telephone: +996 312 29 85 77, +996 312 66 20 54 Facsimile number: +996 312 66 20 54 Electronic mail address: email@example.com 6. To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible Bidders should: • write to address above requesting the bidding documents for Package No. 2, Lots I and II: Toktogul Powerhouse Rehabilitation – Design, Supply, Installation, and Commissioning • pay a non-refundable fee of USD300.00 The price includes one set of documents as hard copy and a soft copy recorded on CD. In the event of any discrepancy between electronic and hard copies of the Bidding Documents, the hard copy shall prevail. Separate courier charges of USD100.00 will be charged if the bidder would like the bidding document to be delivered through courier service to an address outside of Kyrgyz Republic. The method of payment will be by cash or transfer through a bank account. Bank account of Employer is the following: Beneficiary: OJSC "Electric Power Plants" Beneficiary’s Account: 1030120000043175 Beneficiary’s bank: OJSC «Commercial Bank Kyrgyzstan” S.W.I.F.T.: KYRSKG22 Correspondent banks in foreign currency: In US dollars and Euro: The Employer will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of their bids. 7. Deliver your bid: • to the address above in Para 5 • on or before the deadline: 2 November 2016 – 14:00 (local time) • together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document Technical Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of Bidder’s representatives who choose to attend. Late bids will be rejected. Name Currency Correspondent Bank Account SWIFT Address Bank of China USD 778400000809 BKCH CN BJ China, 1 FUXBeijing 100818 http://www.boc.cn Agricultural Bank of China Xinjiang Nongken Branch CNY USD 30702501040007195 30702514040000508 ABOCCNBJ301 China, No.239 Cuiquan Road, Training School of Agricultural Bank Raiffeizen Zentralbank Osterreich AG USD EUR 070-55.081.913 000-55.081.913 RZBAATWW Vienne, A 1030, Am Stadtpark 9 Turkiye Is Bankasi A.S USD EUR TR580006400000201 790000440 TR410006400000201 790000455 ISBKTRISXXX Is Kuleleri, 34330 Levent, Istanbul, Turkey VTB Bank (Deutschland) AG EUR CHF CNY JPY GBP 0106061393 0106061427 0106061435 0106061443 0106061468 OWHBDEFF Walter-Kolb- Strasse 13, D- 60594 Frankfurt am Main, Germany