Provision of Construction Services for the Upgrading of Geed Deeble Wellfield Lot 1 and Lot 2, H ...
United Nations Secretariat | Published April 6, 2017
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from competent and qualified companies for the provision of water infrastructure construction services for the completion of the Geed Deeble Wellfield Collector System (Lot 1 and Lot 2) under the Hargeisa Urban Water Supply Upgrading Project (HUWSUP).
The work will take place in Hargeisa, Somaliland. The scope of the tender to be issued from the subject EOI comprises the replacement of the wellfield collector pipework that connects the existing Geed Deeble boreholes to the new Geed Deeble Pumping Station (22km North of Hargeisa), in order to enhance the capacity of the system and accommodate a significant increase in the volume of water produced for Hargeisa City. This includes, but is not limited to the following works:
• Construction of Wellfield Collector 1 (WFC 1), connecting existing wells K13 through K07 to the new Geed Deeble Pumping Station (approximately 8,050 m of DI and PE pipework, including the initial 70m of WFC 2)
• Construction of 7 single borehole connections (feeders) to the new WFC 1 (approximately 1,300 m);
• Replacement of above ground hydraulic equipment for 7 existing wells, and
• Related civil works.
For the implementation of the Lot 1 works, the UN will provide the Contractor with given quantities (approximately 6.7km) of DI standard straight pipes (300-400mm), covering most of the required material to be laid. Any possible required balance of DI, all required PE-pipes, valves and fittings, and any other materials are to be procured by the Contractor.
• Construction of Wellfield Collector 2 (WFC 2), connecting existing wells K08 through K03 to the new Geed Deeble Pumping Station (ca. 2,280 m );
• Construction of 2 single borehole connections (feeders) for K05 and K06 to new GDPS (ca. 2,100 m);
• Replacement of above ground hydraulic equipment for 5 existing wells, and
• Related civil works
For the implementation of the Lot 2 works, all required PE-pipes, and any other materials are to be procured by the Contractor.
The UN reserves the right to split all services by Lots and/or packages. Additional details, specifications and terms of reference shall be provided in the tender document to be issued subsequent to this EOI.