Building Construction Works
Bus Eireann/Irish Bus | Published May 31, 2016 - Deadline June 24, 2016
Building construction and associated works at Bus Eireann Roxborough Road
Garage in Limerick.
The works consists of five main elements:
1. Construction of a new two storey staff accommodation block to replace the
existing accommodation of approx. 880m sq.
2. Partial Demolition of the existing staff area and conversion into a store area
for parts. This will reduce the existing 1950’s built eight bays to five bays with a
new roof structure over this area
3. Recladding of the existing structure, replacing the existing non insulated GRP
and Asbestos cladding with insulated cladding panels and polycarbonate semi
opaque roof lights.
4. Alterations to the yard layout to improve traffic circulation and alterations to
the entrance and exit. Car parking and the entrance to the new staff
accommodation will also be improved.
5. New fuel management including associated tanks and servicing equipment.
The construction works involved are at a garage and site which will remain in
operation throughout the construction stage, and this will require phasing of works
to permit existing operations to continue at all phases of the project.
The existing garage operation involves approximately 80 buses and 100 staff and
is in operation 18 to 20 hours per day.
Provided with this notice is a pre-qualification questionnaire for completion by
interested parties, and drawings to indicate the general scope of the works