Long Term Contract for the Provision of Ground Maintenance, Gardening and Herbicide Service for ...
United Nations Secretariat | Published September 16, 2014 - Deadline October 8, 2014
The United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) has a requirement for the establishment of a contract for the Provision of Ground Maintenance, Gardening and Herbicide Service on “as and when required basis” to UNGSC in Brindisi - Italy. UNLB comprises approximately of 155,000 square meters of green area and must be maintained with the provision of regular gardening services.
The services include but are not limited to:
- Grass cutting;
- Maintenance of lawn, including trimming, fertilizing, cleaning of leaves and hoeing weeds;
- Trimming of hedges and shrubs;
- Trimming and maintenance of internal and external plants;
- Removal of leaves, branches and shrubs from gutters and drains;
- Removal, cleaning and disposal of waste/cutting material;
- Manual or mechanized trimming around parled vehicles, equipment, containers and other areas as necessay;
- Herbicide service and treatments to eradicate weeds and undesired vegetation on 35,000 square meters of areas such as hardstand, roadsides, foothpaths, aircraft taxi-ways, sidewals and gravel surface.
It is anticipated that the contract duration will be for an initial period of three (3) years with an option to extend the contract under the same terms and conditions for two additional period of one year each.
Interested companies should have the proven ability and extensive experience of not less than five years in the provision of similar services. The Company shall provide copy of their registration in the “National Environmental Association” (Albo Gestori Ambientali), as required by national law No. 152/06 article 212.
The full technical requirements and details will be provided with a formal solicitation document to be issued at a later stage soon after the closing date for this EOI.
In order for the Expression of Interest to be considered, the company must be registered with United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM) by visiting the website: www.ungm.org.
In order to be awarded a Contract/Purchase Order, the Vendor must be registered with the UN Secretariat through the United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM) for the required Level of Registration, which is “Level 2”, by the time of finalization of bid evaluation before the award.