Ethiopia-Transport Sector Project - P117731
Ethiopian Roads Authority | Published April 3, 2015 - Deadline June 2, 2015
Debre Birhan - Ankober Road Upgrading Project (re-bid)
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
INVITATION FOR BID (Re-bid)
FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA
COUNTRY: FederalDemocratic Republic of Ethiopia
NAME OF PROJECT: Transport Sector Project in Support of RSDP4
CREDIT No.: 5155-ET
PROJECT ID No: P117731
Contract/Bid No: IFB/03
1. The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE) has receivedfinancing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Ethiopia Road Sector Support Project and it intends to apply part of theproceeds towards eligible payments for under the works contracts listed below.
Table 1: ContractDescription/ Scope of Works
Type of RoadSurface
Debre Birhan-Ankober Road Upgrading Project(Re-bid)
Amhara Regional States
Table 2: Estimated Construction QuantitiesVolume
Major work items
Crushed Aggregate Base
Plant Mix (AC) surfacing
Debre Birhan-Ankober Road Project is located in the AmharaRegional State within the North Shoa zone. The works under this contract consists of the construction of 42 km road of the DebreBirhan ? Ankober Road Project. The project road starts from the Debre Birhan town, which is located at a distance of 130 km northof Addis Ababa and stretches to the east and ends at Ankober town.
The existing road form Debre Birhan to Ankober is a gravel roadwith formation width varying from 6m to 7m, with minor and major drainage structures. The road alignment traverse terrain rangingfrom flat to escarpment composed ofmostly rocks.
The planned Debre Birhan to Ankober road shall be constructed toDS4 road standard (ERA'sGeometric Design Manual-2002) with an Asphalt Concrete carriageway ofthickness 50mm and it shall have across section of 10m (7m AC carriageway and 1.5m shoulder on each side) or as per the drawings for the different sections. The workalso includes the construction of minor and major drainage structures.
The Debre Birhan ? Ankober Road is followed by Ankober-Awash ArbaJunction Road UpgradingProject that consists of two Contracts; Contract 1: Ankober to Dulecha, and Contract 2: Dulecha to AwashArba Junction. Currently, Contract2: Dulecha to Awash Arba Junction project is under construction whilethe first contract, Contract1: Ankober to Dulecha in under preparation stage for tendering.
The envisaged Construction Period is 30 months.
2. The Ethiopian Roads Authority now invites sealed bids fromeligible bidders for the construction works of the abovecontract.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the InternationalCompetitiveBidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits published January2011 and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information fromand inspect the bidding documents from the Ethiopian Roads Authority at the address-1 below during office hours from 8:30A.M.-12:30 A.M. and 1:30 P.M. - 5:30 P.M. from Monday to Thursdays and from8:30 A.M. -11:30 A.M and 1:30 P.M. - 5:30 P.M onFridays.
5. Qualifications requirements are detailed in Table 3below. A marginof preference shall be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
Table 3: Experience and Qualification Requirements
Cash Flow (Million USD)
Construction Turnover (MillionUSD)
Specific Experience (Million USD)(Project value)
Key Activities requirements
Earth Work (m3/Yr)
Granular Sub-base (m3/Yr)
Crushed Aggregate Base (m3/Yr)
Plant Mix (AC) (m2/Yr)
i. The Turnover requirements set in the aboveTable 3 is minimum average construction turnover calculated as the total certified paymentsreceived for contracts in progress orcompleted, within the last five(5) years.
ii. The Specific Experience requirement is the experience inparticipation as Contractor, Management Contractor or Subcontractor on asphalt concrete contracts within the last Five (5) yearswith value and number of project indicated in the Table 3.
iii. Key Activities requirements are the minimum constructionexperience in executing the quantities shown in the Table 3 above, calculated as the average of thequantities executed in thecontracts mentioned in 3 above, or other contracts executed in the last Five (5)years.
6. A complete set of bidding documents inEnglish Language may be purchased by interested bidders onthe submission of a written application to the address-1 below and uponpayment of a nonrefundable fee of USD 500 or Ethiopian Birr 10,000.00. The method of payment will be cashier's check or directdeposit toERA's account CBE A/C No. 01715-33144600.The document will be sent byregistered airmail if so required by prospectivebidders but under nocircumstances the authority will be held responsible for late delivery or loss of the documents somailed.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of US$500,000.00 oran equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency,and be delivered to the address-2 below on or before June 02, 2015 at 2:30 PM. They will be openedimmediately thereafter, in the presence of bidders' representatives, who choose to attend, at the address-2 below. Late bids willbe rejected.
Address-1: Tirsit Tamiru, Engineering Procurement DirectorateDirector
Ethiopian Roads Authority
2nd floor, Room No.207
P. O. Box 1770
Tel: 251-11-551 5002
Fax: 251-11- 54 44 34/51 4866
Ras Abebe AregayStreet
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Address-2: Sisay Bekele, Acting Director General
Ras Abebe AregayStreet
Floor/ Room Number: 4th Floor/Room No. 407
City: Addis Ababa
Facsimile number: +251-11-551-48-66
Ethiopian Roads Authority