Turn-Key Project for the Design and Construction of a Storage Area at UNGSC/UNSB, in Valencia, Spain
United Nations Secretariat | Published February 9, 2016
The UNGSC/UNSB based in Valencia, Spain, requires a Turn- key project for the Design and Construction of a Storage Area. The scope of the project is the design, creation and provision of a covered area for different kinds of materials and capable to store one van and one forklift. The project for the new storage has been conceived in order to grant uniformity with the existing surrounding buildings.
As this is a turnkey design/build project/contract for the construction of a storage area it comprises all works related to the obtainment of the building permit for the construction works from beginning to end, subsuming all related certifications.
- DESIGN GUIDELINES:
a. Material to be stored: antenna spares, filters for different air handlers, electrical cable, tiles and pedestals parts for technical floor, rack side panels and doors, and other similar items. All materials will be organized in euro pallet boxes and placed on shelving in order to allow easy movement with the fork lift.
b. Vehicles to be housed: one van of 6.20m by 2.20 m and high 2.75 m and one 3 Tons forklift.
c. Architectural design:
- The structure should be in light metal, easy to dismantle and relocate (ie. prefabs type).
The modular structure shall include the galvanized metal structure, seamless, with galvanized screws and metal frames and pre-lacquered.
- The roof coating should be in galvanized pre-lacquered steel sheet and shall incudes the insulation and alternating with layers of polyester and the necessary rain pipes.
- The self-supporting roof panel used for industrial, commercial and civil buildings roofs needs to be with a 7 % minimum slop.
- The elevation shall consist in galvanized, pre-lacquered and insulated steel sheets. The storage should match with the existing buildings in style and color.
- Doors: one main door for vehicles and one pedestrian, including a grid for internal ventilation.
- The storage should match with the existing buildings in style and color.
- Skylights in roof deck are required.
- Electrical systems (power line, internal and external light).
- Fire alarm systems connected to the security booth at the main entrance.
e. Building dimensions:
The building dimension should be approximately 16m by 12m. The external height should cover a range from 4m to 5m, taking into consideration that the surrounding buildings are 4.80 m high. Materials will be stored with Euro pallets element (dimensions 1.20*0.80m).
f. Special requirement:
- The Bidder shall propose of measures and solution to prevent flood-rainwater in the storage area, in particular at the entrance and along the perimeter.
- The Bidder shall propose a design of the roof and in particular the rain waterproofing system in order to ensure the protection of materials storage in the covered area during hard rain and storm.
g. Flooring and foundation:
Existing Concrete pavement is approximately 20 cm thickness. No details on type of concrete, reinforcement and soil capacity are available. Contractor shall inspect, study, and propose a design for the installation, in particular the details on the proposed foundation and/or anchorage of structure, all in accordance with pertinent building code, standard laws, rules and regulations.
The full technical requirements and details will be provided with a solicitation document to be issued at a later stage, soon after the closing date for this EOI.
Qualified vendors interested in participating in this solicitation are invited to express their interest via fax or email, using the attached form, citing the full name of the company, complete address, telephone/fax numbers and email address, as well as the name and title of a designated point of contact.