Xinjiang Tacheng Border Cities and Counties Development Project/Tacheng Alley Rehabilitation (Contract No.: CTC07)
| Published January 10, 2017 - Deadline February 7, 2017
Invitation for Bids
1. The People’s Republic of China has received a loan from the Asian Development Bank
towards the cost of Xinjiang Tacheng Border Cities and Counties Development Project
(Loan No. 3263-PRC) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under
the Contract for Tacheng Alley Rehabilitation (Contract No.: CTC07).
2. Tacheng Housing and Construction Bureau (the Employer) now invites sealed bids
from all eligible and qualified Bidders for Tacheng Alley Rehabilitation (the Works). The
completion period is 180 days from the contract signing date.
3. National Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-
Stage: One-Envelope procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible countries as described
in the Bidding Document.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from MINMETALS International
Tendering Co., Ltd. (the Procurement Agent) and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address
given below between 9:00–17:00 (Beijing Time, except Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays) until
7 February 2017.
5. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to the eligibility and conflict of interest
provisions under ITB 4 of the Bidding Documents. All Bidders found to have a conflict of interest
shall be disqualified.
6. Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in the bidding.
a) Bidders must have:
• A positive net worth prospectively in the last three (3) years (2013, 2014, 2015);
• An average annual turnover of at least CNY43 million in the last three (3) years
(2013, 2014, 2015);
• Demonstrate access to or availability of liquid assets, lines of credit, or other financial
resources other than any contractual advance payments of at least CNY9 million;
b) Bidders must submit their audited financial statements for the last three (3) years to
demonstrate the current soundness of their financial position (2013, 2014, 2015).
Date: 10 January 2017
3263-PRC: Xinjiang Tacheng Border Cities and Counties Development
Tacheng Alley Rehabilitation (Contract No.: CTC07)
07 February 2017; 11:00 A.M. (Beijing Time)
c) Bidders must have participated as contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor
with Level 2 municipal engineering general contracting certification, in at least three (3)
contracts within the last five (5) years prior to the bid submission deadline (7 February
2012–7 February 2017), each with a value of at least CNY14 million, that have been
successfully/substantially completed and similar to the proposed works. The similarity
shall be based on the physical size, complexity, methods/technology or other
characteristics described in the BD’s Section VI, Employer’s Requirements; Bidders
should have successfully/substantially completed at least one (1) construction work of
the asphalt concrete city main/sub road.
Additional details are provided in the bidding documents.
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents, in Chinese, may be purchased by interested
Bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a
nonrefundable fee CNY1,000. The methods of payment are in cash or T/T. At the request of the
Bidder, the bidding documents may be sent by courier for an additional amount of CNY100 per
set and the Employer will not be liable for loss or late delivery. For T/T, the bank account is
ICBC Beijing the Capital Stadium sub-branch 0200 0537 0902 2105 773.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 7 February 2017, 11:00
a.m. (Beijing time). Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the
bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 11:00 a.m.
(Beijing time) 7 February 2017. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as specified in
the bidding documents.
9. This Invitation for Bids will be published on China Bidding Website
(www.chinabidding.com.cn), Xinjiang Construction Engineering Project Bidding website,
Xinjiang Economic News, Tacheng Daily, and the ADB website.
10. The address referred to above is:
Address for Inspection and Purchase of Bidding Document:
Minmetals International Tendering Co., Ltd. (Procurement Agent)
1) Room D216-2, Minmetals Building, No. 5 San Li He Road, Hai Dian District, Beijing,
People’s Republic of China 100044
2) Room L, Guanghui Shidaiguangchang, No. 26 Hongshan Road, Urumqi, Xinjiang,
People’s Republic of China 830000
Contact: Mr. Xu Zhongyuan; Tel: +86-10-8882 1752/1777. +86-991-8820539
Address for Bid Submission and Opening:
Construction Engineering Trading Center of the Autonomous Region, Jinyin Road 82th, Urumqi,