South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) Road Connectivity Project
| Published August 4, 2016 - Deadline September 30, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The Kingdom of Bhutan has received a grant from the Asian Development Bank (ADB)
towards the cost of SASEC Road Connectivity Project. Part of this grant will be used for
payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to bidders from eligible source
countries of ADB.
2. Phuentsholing Thromde, Ministry of Work & Human Settlement, Royal
Government of Bhutan (RGoB) (the “Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for
the Design-Build Contract for the Construction of Mini Dry Port in Phuentsholing (the “Works”).
3. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB's
Single-Stage: Two Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all eligible countries as described
in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible bidders with following key qualifications may participate in the bidding:
• General Construction Experience Requirement: 5 years
• Financial Requirement: Minimum Average Annual Construction Turnover (AACT) of Nu.
163 Million (USD 2.60 Million) in the last five years.
• Construction Experience Requirement: Participation in at least one contract that has
been successfully or substantially completed within the last five years and that is similar
to the proposed work, where the value of Bidder’s participation exceeds Nu. 115 Million
(USD 1.70 Million).
• Equipment Requirement: (i) Concrete Mechanical Mixer-1No of Minimum capacity
1cu.m, (ii) Weigh Batcher-1No, (iii) Plate vibrator-4Nos, (iv) Pin vibrators-8Nos, (v)
Electric or petrol/diesel driven concrete saw-1No, (vi)Portable Generator set (3 KVA)-
1No, (vii) Other Machinery i.e. welding set & Tools used in erection work-1set, (viii)
Motor Grader-1No, (ix) Dozer-1No, (x) Front End Loader-1No, (xi) Smooth Wheeled
Roller-2Nos, (xii) Vibratory Roller-2Nos, (xiii) Water Tanker-2Nos, (xiv) Concrete mixers
with integral weigh Batching Facility-1No.
• Personnel for the Project based requirement: (i) Project Manager with Bachelor
degree in Civil Engineering -1No. (ii) Building Engineer with Bachelor in Civil
Engineering -1No. (iii) Road Engineer with Bachelors in Civil Engineering-
1No.,(iv)Quantity Engineer with Bachelor/Diploma in Civil Engineering _ 1No., (v)
Date: 4 August 2016
0400-BHU: South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) Road
Design and Build for the Construction of Mini Dry Port in Phuentsholing
30 September 2016, 14:30 hours (Bhutan standard time)
Material Engineer with Bachelor/Diploma in Civil engineering – 1No., as per the Section
3, Evaluation and Qualification Criteria/personnel.
To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact the
office of Project Coordinator, Mr. D.C.Dhimal:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
• Telephone No: 975-5-251915/252168
• Fax No: 975-5-252882/251915,
• Address: Pelkhil Lam, Post Box 02, Phuentsholing Thromde, Royal Government Of
Bhutan, Phuentsholing 21101, Bhutan.
5. To purchase the bidding documents, in English, eligible bidders should:
• Write to the address above requesting the bidding documents for
• Pay a non-refundable fee of Nu. 10,000/- or USD 200/- by cash or draft in favor of
Phuentsholing Thromde between 09:00hours to 17:00 hours on any working day from 10
August 2016 till 30 September 2016.
• For Delivery by courier, send a written application request for delivery of bidding
document for “PT/Contract/2016/MDP/01” through a written application to the Project
Coordinator at the address indicated above. The application must include a post fee (in
addition to cost of the documents) in the form of Bank Draft in favour of Phuentsholing
Thromde for the amount of USD 250 (deliveries to European countries) or USD 230
(deliveries to South Asian Countries). The documents will be sent by courier. No liability
will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
6. A Pre-Bid Meeting will be held on 5 September 2016 at 14:30hours at the meeting hall of
Phuentsholing Thromde office.
7. The bids should be delivered:
• To Project Coordinator, SASEC RCP, Phuentsholing Thromde Office Building, First
Floor, Pelkhil lam, Post Box No: 02.
• On or before 14:30 hours on 30 September 2016 (Bhutan standard time).
• Together with bid security as described in the bidding document.
8. Bids will be opened at 15:00 Hours on 30 September 2016 in the presence of
representatives who choose to attend.