Thimphu Road Improvement Project (TRIP)
| Published September 9, 2016 - Deadline October 28, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The Kingdom of Bhutan has applied for financing from the Asian Development Bank
(ADB) towards the cost of Thimphu Road Improvement Project. Part of this financing will be
used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible
source countries of ADB.
2. The Thimphu Thromde (“the Employer") invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the
Construction and completion of Road Improvement Works within Thimphu City ("the Work")
consisting of 4 (four) lots viz.;
a) Lot 1: Samtenling, Hejo, Chubachu and Vegetable market areas
b) Lot 2: Motithang and Core city areas
c) Lot 3: Changbangdu and Changzamtog areas
d) Lot 4: Lungtenphu, Simtokha and Babesa Local Areas
3. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s
Single-Stage: One –Envelope Bidding Procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible
countries as described in the Bidding Document. Interested Bidder can bid for a minimum of
ONE Lot and a maximum of ALL the Lots.
4. Only eligible bidders with following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
a) Key Experience Requirement: Participation in at least one contract that has been
successfully or substantially completed within the last 3 (three) years and that is
similar to the proposed works (similar works means road works), where the value of
the Bidder’s past participation exceeds:
Lot 1: Nu. 31.34 million
Lot 2: Nu. 34.64 million
Lot 3: Nu. 43.08 million
Lot 4: Nu. 53.75 million
All Lots: Nu. 53.75 million
b) Key financial requirement: Minimum Average Annual Construction Turnover
Lot 1: Nu. 52.05 million in the last three years.
Lot 2: Nu. 54.75 million in the last three years.
Date: 9 September 2016
44240-BHU: Thimphu Road Improvement Project (TRIP)
TT/TRIP/001: Road Improvement Works within Thimphu City
28 October 2016, 10:00 hours
Lot 3: Nu. 78.98 million in the last three years.
Lot 4: Nu. 86.16 million in the last three years.
All Lots: Nu. 271.94 million in the last three years.
The Bidder has to ensure that collective requirements for the intended Lots have to
be met by the intending Bidders
c) Key equipment requirement: (i) Road roller-1 No., (ii) Tippers- 1No., (iii) Asphalt
Paver-1No., (iv) Asphalt Hot-mix Plant- 1 No.
The bidders must have the above equipment for each Lot except no (iv) which can
be common for more than one Lot.
d) Key personnel requirement: (i) Project Manager-1 No., (ii) Civil Engineer- 1No,
& (iii) Site Supervisor- 2Nos.
The bidders must have the above personnel for each Lot except no (i) which can be
common for more than one Lot.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, Bidders should contact:
The Project Manager
Mr. Kinley Penjore
Building 8, Gongdzin Lam, Thimphu 11001,
Telephone No: 975 - 17379020,
6. To purchase the bidding document in English, the eligible bidders should
• Write to address above requesting the bidding documents for TT/TRIP/001:
Road Improvement Works within Thimphu City
• Pay a non-refundable fee of Nu 5,000/- by cash/draft between 09:00 hours and
13:00 hours on any working day from 13 September 2016 until 27 October 2016.
7. Deliver your bid
• to the address above;
• on or before 10:00 hours on 28 October 2016;
• together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of
the Bidder’s representative who choose to attend.