South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) Road Connectivity Project
| Published January 10, 2017 - Deadline March 9, 2017
Invitation for Bids
1. The Kingdom of Bhutan has received a grant from Asian Development Bank (ADB)
towards the cost of South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) Road
Connectivity Project. Part of this grant will be used for payments under the contract named
above. Bidding is open to bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. Phuentsholing Thromde, Ministry of Work & Human Settlement, Royal
Government of Bhutan (RGoB) (the “Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for
the Construction of Northern Bypass Road (NBR Package-II) in Phuentsholing (the “Works”).
3. Only eligible bidders with following key qualifications may participate in the bidding:
• Financial Requirement: Minimum Average Annual Construction Turnover (AACT) of Nu.
189 Million (USD 2.80 Million) in the last three years.
• Construction Experience Requirement: Participation in at least one contract that has
been successfully or substantially completed within the last five years and that is similar
to the proposed work, where the value of Bidder’s participation exceeds Nu. 189Million
(USD 2.80 Million).
• Equipment Requirement: (i) Motor Grader-1 No, (ii) Front End Loader cum Excavator-
1No, (iii) Tandem Roller-1No, (iv) Vibratory Roller -2Nos, (v) Pneumatic Tyred Roller -
1No, (vi) Hydraulic Excavator of minimum 220cc capacity -1 No, (vii) Mini Wet Mixing
Plant (50TPH)-1Set, (viii) Batch Type Hot Mix Plant 40 TPH Capacity-1Set, (ix) Paver
Finisher with Electronic Sensor-1No, (x) Water Tanker-1No, (xi) Bitumen Sprayer -1 No,
(xii) Concrete mixers with integral weigh Batching Facility-1No, (xiii) Concrete Batching
and Mixing Plant( Minimum Capacity 15 cum/hr)-1set, (xiv) Tipper-3 Nos, (xv) Transit
Concrete Mixer- 2 Nos.
• Personnel for the Project based requirement: (i) Project Manager with Bachelor
degree in Civil Engineering -1No. (ii) Sr. Quantity Survey Engineer with Bachelor in Civil
Engineering -1No. (iii) Highway Engineer with Bachelors in Civil Engineering-1No.,(iv)
Bridge/Structure Engineer with Bachelor/Diploma in Civil Engineering- 1No., (v)
Material/Quality Control Engineer with Diploma in Civil engineering - 1No.,(vi) Site
Engineer(Roads) with Diploma in Civil engineering – 1No.,(vii) Surveyor with Diploma in
Civil Engineering-1No.; as per the Section 3, Evaluation and Qualification
Date: 10 January 2017
0400-BHU: South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) Road
Construction of Northern Bypass Road (NBR Package-II) in Phuentsholing
9 March 2017, 10:00 Hours (local time)
4. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s
Single-Stage: Two Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible source
countries of the ADB as defined in the Bidding Documents.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact
the office of Project Coordinator, Mr. D.C.Dhimal at email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone No:
975-5-251915/252168 and Fax No: 975-5-252882.
6. To purchase the bidding documents, in English, eligible bidders should:
• Write to the address above requesting the bidding documents for
• Pay a non-refundable fee of Nu. 10,000/- or USD 200/- by cash or draft in favor of
Phuentsholing Thromde between 09:00 hours to 16:00 hours on any working day from
16 January 2017 till 9 March 2017.
• For delivery by courier of bidding documents for above contract
“PT/Contract/2016/NBR- II/02”, bidder should submit a written application request to the
Project Coordinator at the address indicated above. The application must include a
postal fee (in addition to cost of the documents) in the form of Demand Draft in favour of
Phuentsholing Thromde in the amount of USD 250 (deliveries to International countries).
No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
7. A Pre-Bid Meeting will be held on 8 February 2017 at 15:00 Hours at the meeting hall of
Phuentsholing Thromde Office Building.
8. Deliver bids:
• To the address below:
Project-Coordinator, SASEC RCP,
Phuentsholing Thromde Office Building,
First Floor, Pelkhil lam, Post Box No: 02
• on or before 10:00 Hours on 9 March 2017
• Together with a bid security as described in the bidding document.
Bids will be opened at 10:30 Hours on 9 March 2017 in the presence of representatives who
choose to attend.