Multipurpose Disaster Shelter Project - P146464
Local Government Engineering Department (LGED) | Published October 9, 2016 - Deadline November 29, 2016
Invitation For Prequalification Of Contractors For
Construction Of 131 No. New School Cum Disaster Shelter Building And Associated
Connecting Roads In Cox?s Bazar, Laxmipur And Noakhali Districts Under Multipurpose
Disaster Shelter Project (mdsp), Banglad
Government ofthe People's Republic of Bangladesh
LocalGovernment Engineering Department
MultipurposeDisaster Shelter Project (MDSP)
Workshop Bhaban(Level-3), Agargaon,
Memo No.LGED/PD/MDSP/P-20/2016/377 Date: 04/10/2016
Invitation for Prequalification
Invitation forPrequalification of Contractors for construction of 131 no. new school cum disaster shelterbuilding and associated connecting roadsin Cox's Bazar, Laxmipur andNoakhali districts under Multipurpose Disaster Shelter Project (MDSP), Bangladesh,
(IDA Credit No.: 5561 BD)
The People's Republic of Bangladesh has received credit from the InternationalDevelopment Association (IDA) toward the cost of the Multipurpose Disaster ShelterProject (MDSP), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the contract for:
a) Construction of 62 Nos. Primary School cum Disaster Shelter Buildings and Associated ConnectingRoads in Cox's Bazar District under Multipurpose Disaster Shelter Project during the financial year 2016-2017 and ICB ContractPackage No. LGED/MDSP/COX/14-15/NW-04.
b) Construction of 34 Nos. Primary School cum Disaster Shelter Buildings and Associated Connecting Roads in LaxmipurDistrict under Multipurpose Disaster Shelter Project during the financial year 2016-2017 and ICB Contract Package No. LGED/MDSP/LAK/14-15/NW-06.
c) Construction of 35 Nos. Primary Schoolcum Disaster Shelter Buildings and Associated Connected Roads in Noakhali District under Multipurpose Disaster Shelter Projectduring the financial year 2016-2017 and ICB Contract Package No. LGED/MDSP/NOA/14-15/NW-09.
Applications for more than one contract is allowed.
2. The Local Government Engineering Department intends toprequalify contractors and/or firms for Construction of 131 no. new school cum disaster shelter buildings and associatedconnecting road in Cox's Bazar, Laxmipur and NoakhaliDistricts in three contracts mentioned above. Each building for shelter is three storied and will be constructed on cast in situ pile foundation. Road connecting theshelter to the nearest road network is also to be constructed where required. Shelters are located in Cox's Bazar Sadar, Chakoria,Kutubdia, Ukhiya, Moheskhali, Pekua, Ramu, Teknaf upzilas in Cox's Bazar District, Laksmipur Sadar, Raipur, Ramganj, Ramgati, KomolNagar upzilas in Laxmipur district and Noakhali Sadar, Kabirhat, Subarnachar, Begumganj, Sonaimuri, Chatkhil, Senbag, Companiganj,Hatiya upzilas in Noakhali district. It is expected that invitations for bid will be made in January2017.
3. Prequalification will be conducted through prequalification procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, January 2011, revised July2014 and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries, as defined in the guidelines. Domestic preferenceis notallowed.
4. Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the prequalification document at the LocalGovernment Engineering Department (address below) from 0900 to 1700 hours localtime (GMT+6 hours) during working days. Acomplete set of the prequalification document in English may be purchased by interested applicants on the submission of awritten application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of 10,000(ten thousand) BDT or 130 USD. The method of payment will be PayOrder/Bank Draft in favor of Project Director, MDSP, LGED only.
5. A pre-application meeting is scheduled to be held at 1100 (local time) on30/10/2016 in the seminar room on level 4, LGED Bhaban, Agargaon, Dhaka.
6. Applications for prequalification should be submitted in sealed envelopes,delivered to the address below on or before 15:00 (local time) on 29/11/2016 and be clearly marked "Application toPrequalify for [insert name of project and the contract name(s) and number(s)]."Application will be opened at 15:30 (local time) on the same day. Late applications shall be rejected. The ProcuringEntity reservesthe right to accept or reject any or all applicationswithout incurring any liabilities.
(Md. Abdur RashidKhan)
Multipurpose Disaster ShelterProject (MDSP)
Workshop Building, Level 3,
LGED HQ, Agargaon, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh
Telephone: +88 2 8143334
Facsimile number: +880-2 8117257
Electronic mail address: email@example.com.