Water Supply and Sanitation Investment Program – Tranche 4
| Published October 13, 2016 - Deadline November 26, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The Republic of Azerbaijan has applied for financing from the Asian Development Bank
(ADB) towards the cost of Loan 3411–AZE: Water Supply and Sanitation Investment
Program – Tranche 4. Part of this loan will be used for payments under the contract named
above. Bidding is open to bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB.
2. The AZERSU OPEN JOINT STOCK COMPANY (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids
from eligible bidders for the Construction of Water Intake Facilities and Rehabilitation of
Water Supply and Sewerage Networks in Agdash Town, 2nd Phase (“the Works”) consisting
of, but not limited to, the following:
• Drilling of 2 artesian wells (depth=120m), including installation of casing pipes with filter;
water lifting pipes and submersible pump. Laying of feeding power supply line and
installation of transformer.
• 1 water reservoir with 5,000 m3 capacity
• Construction of water distribution network – about 67,800 m
• Connection of houses including supply and installation of water meters – 3,300 sets
• Feeder main from reservoir to the network 560mm, 2 x 6,300 m
• Construction of wastewater (sewerage) network – about 56,600 m
• Connection of houses – 3,084 sets
The estimated construction period is 12 months.
All works must be implemented as shown in the drawings and specifications in the
3. Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in the bidding:
• Minimum average annual construction turnover of Sixty Seven Million US Dollars
(US$67,000,000) calculated as total certified payments received for contract in progress
or completed within the last three years.
• Must demonstrate access to or availability of financial resources such as liquid assets,
unencumbered real assets, line of credit and other financial means, other than any
Date: 13 October 2016
3411-AZE: Water Supply and Sanitation Investment Program – Tranche 4
Construction of Water Intake Facilities and Rehabilitation of Water Supply
and Sewerage Networks in Agdash Town, 2nd Phase
25 November 2016, 16.00 pm (Baku local time)
contractual advance payments, to meet its current contract commitments and
requirement for subject contract for Ten Million US Dollars (US$10,000,000) to meet the
bidder’s financial resource requirement.
• Participation in at least two contracts that have been successfully or substantially
completed within the last seven (7) years and that is similar to the proposed works,
where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds Twenty Seven Million US Dollars
(US$27,000,000). Participation as contractor, management contractor or subcontractor,
in at least two contracts within the last seven years, each with a value of at least Twenty
Seven Million US Dollars (US$27,000,000) that has been successfully or is substantially
completed and that similar to the proposed works.
• All pending litigation, if any, shall be treated as resolved against the Bidder and so shall
in total not represent more than 50 percent of the Bidders net worth.
4. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-
Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as
described in the Bidding Documents.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact:
Mr. Ilgar Tagiyev,
Head of Tender and International Projects Management Department
Azersu Open Joint Stock Company
67, Moscow Avenue
AZ1012 Baku, Azerbaijan
Tel: +994 12 431 47 92
Fax: +994 12 598 38 14
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
6. A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the
submission of a written application to the above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of
500 AZN or US$ 310.
Beneficiary’s Name: “AZERSU” OJSC
Beneficiary’s Bank: Kapital Bank of Azerbaijan, Nasimi branch 1
Local currency account No.: AZ65AIIB33070019441100216111
Foreign currency account No.: AZ55AIIB33170018401100216111
SWIFT Code: AIIBAZ2X
The bidding document can be picked up at the office of AZERSU against proof of
payment either by cash or electronic transfer. Alternatively, against written request and
after payment, AZERSU will send the bidding documents by courier to interested bidders.
No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery. The bidding documents will be
issued in electronic format (DVD) only.
7. Deliver bids to:
• To the address below:
Azersu OJSC, 67, Moscow Avenue,
2rd floor, Tender and International Projects Management Department,
AZ1012 Baku, Azerbaijan
(Attention: Mr. Ilgar Tagiyev, Head, Tender and International Projects)
• on or before the deadline on 25 November 2016, 16.00 pm Baku (local time)
• together with a Bid Security as described in the bidding document
8. Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline in the presence of bidders’
representatives who choose to attend.