Establishment of a Long Term Contract for the Repair, Replacement and Construction of Asphalted ...
United Nations Secretariat | Published November 19, 2015 - Deadline December 10, 2015
The United Nations Logistics Base-Global Service Center (UNLB/GSC) is seeking Expressions of Interest from established and financially-sound companies for the establishment of a Long Term Contract for the Repair, Replacement and Construction of Asphalted Roads and other Similar Paved Areas and Provision of related Safety Road Accessories for the UNSGC/UNLB premises in Brindisi, Italy.
The works shall consist of, but will be not limited, to:
-Provision of Safety Documentation (POS) and Geological Reports;
-Removal of existing asphalt or aggregates, excavation, preparation of sub-grade and backfilling with adequate materials;
-Road marking and painting with proper equipment and material (foreseen 1000 linear meters per year);
-Provision and use of machinery and equipment adequate to carry out the required asphalting works;
-Provision of pedestrian poles and barriers, as required;
-Replacement of manholes, various types (foreseen quantity 12 each year);
-Provision and installation of vertical signalization, poles and barriers in compliance with Italian/European Highway Code;
-Base course trials and tests.
The type of asphalt works required is classified in 5 categories and described as follows:
- Category 1: Construction of new asphalted road(s) and/or area(s). Foreseen area of approximate 120 square meters per year;
- Category 2: Removal of damaged asphalt and base course. Complete re-construction of asphalted road(s) and/or area(s). Foreseen area of approximate 60 square meters per year;
- Category 3 (types A and B): scarify the damaged asphalted surface. Lay and compact a new layer of asphalt wearing course (30-80mm). Foreseen areas of approximate 4800 square meters for type A and of approximate 1200 square meters for type B per year;
- Category 4: Lay and compact a new layer of wearing course (30mm). Foreseen area of approximate 60 square meters per year;
- Category 5: Construction of new graveled hardstand area. Foreseen area of approximate 120 square meters per year.
The contract will be for an initial period of three (3) years with an option to extend for two (2) periods of one (1) year each, subject to the satisfactory performance of the contractor.