Provision of Electrical Contracting Services
United Nations Secretariat | Published December 21, 2016
1. The United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Cyprus (UNFICYP) intends to conduct a competitive solicitation exercise for the provision of electrical contracting services island-wide on "as and when required" basis for an initial period of three years with the UNFICYP's sole option to extend the term of the contract for an additional two (2) periods of one year each (3+1+1). The anticipated contract commencement date is 17 July 2017.
The requirement includes but is not limited to the following:
• Installation of single and three-phase electrical wiring and related electrical fittings/equipment for lighting, power, emergency lighting, water pumps, water heating, air conditioning and space heating in accommodation or office buildings;
• Installation of control panels for water pumps, incorporating various control equipment such as float switches, relays, contactors, timers & overloads;
• Installation of large generator automatic transfer or manual changeover panels (up to 1000 Amps);
• Conducting Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) and remedial works (where practical) on portable electrical appliances;
• Installation of overhead electrical distribution wiring and security lighting;
• Installation, maintenance and repair of security lighting. This involves working at height (up to 20M) in the personnel basket of a telescopic forklift, cherry picker or similar equipment.
The estimated requirement is four hundred (400) person days per year.
2. In this regard, UNFICYP would like to identify vendors that would be interested to participate in the competitive solicitation exercise. Qualified vendors are requested to express their interest by providing all relevant information using the attached Vendor Response Form, also available in our website www.unficyp.org. The interest should be sent to the attention of Mr. Spyros Symeonides, Procurement Assistant, either via fax +357-22-614493 or via email email@example.com no later than Tuesday, 17 January 2017.
3. The UNFICYP reserves the right in selecting the invitees for the competitive bidding and mere expressing an interest would not automatically warrant participation in the competitive bidding exercise. The UNFICYP reserves the right to change or cancel any of these requirements at any time during the EOI and/or the solicitation process. Please note that Vendors have to be registered at Level 1 at the time of the award.
4. The UNGM registration is mandatory for responding to this EOI. Interested vendors are strongly recommended to submit the required documentation at the United Nations Global Marketplace at www.ungm.org for Level 01 registration. Information on the prerequisites for Level 01 registration can be found at https://www.ungm.org/Public/Pages/RegistrationProcess.