USACE, Buffalo Bayou Emergency Spillways Repairs in Harris County, Texas, Houston, Texas, Construction
Department of the Army, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers | Published April 19, 2017 - Deadline June 2, 2017
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, Buffalo Bayou Emergency Spillways Repairs in Harris County, Texas, Houston, Texas, Construction.
FULL DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT TO INCLUDE:
1. Cleaning out existing polyurethane and backer rod in existing concrete joints. Install epoxy and gravel in joints greater than 2 inches, and install backer rod and polyurethane caulk in joints less than 2 inches. Install new reinforced concrete piers at the lower end of existing slabs on sloped grade. Piers are estimated to be up to 8 feet deep.
2. Estimated magnitude for this effort is estimated between $1,000,000.00 and $5,000,000.00.
3. NAICS Code 237990, Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction
4. SB Size Standard, $36.5M for construction.
5. PSC Code - Z2KF
6. Bonding Requirements - The Contractor will be required to provide the Performance and Payment Bonds within (5) calendar days after award. The contractor shall begin work within (10) calendar days after acknowledgement of the Notice to Proceed.
7. Furnish pre-award documents within 2 working days after Bid Opening.
8. Completion Time for this project is estimated at 365 calendar days after acknowledgement of the Notice to Proceed. If the contractor fails to complete the work within the time specified, the contractor shall pay liquidated damages to the Government in an amount to be determined for each calendar day of delay until the work is completed or accepted.
Prior Government contract work is not required for submitting a response under this sources sought synopsis.
The Solicitation issued will be Firm Fixed Price. This solicitation is subject to the availability of funds. The Solicitation is a 100% Small Business Set-Aside. The Solicitation will be issued on or about 3 May 2017. Response date on or about 2 Jun 2017.
ATTENTION TO OFFEROR(s): On July 14, 2014, Small Business Administration (SBA) increased the monetary-based industry size standards to account for inflation. You must update you Representations (Reps) and Certifications (Certs) for the impacted North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes identified with an exclamation point "!"next to the "Small Business" value in the System for Award Management (SAM). Please log into SAM, review, and resubmit your registration to apply the new size standard. The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) Code applicable to this project is 237990. The Small Business Size Standard is $36.5 Million.
All offerors are encouraged to visit the Army's Single Face to Industry Website at Federal Business Opportunities at https://www.fbo.gov to view and download the plans, specification and or any amendments for this procurement. Plans and specifications will not be available in paper format or on compact disc. To register as an "Interested Vendor", visit https://www.fbo.gov . Offerors must be registered with the SAM, Systems for Award Management, in order to receive a Government contract award. To register, the SAM address is: https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/ . The Contract Specialist for this solicitation will be Traci D. Robicheaux, at email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 409-766-6306 between the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Holidays. Email is preferred.
Subcontracting goals for the Galveston District are: 50% - Small Business; 17% - Small Disadvantaged Business; 18% - Woman-Owned Small Business; 10% - HubZone Small Business; 8.5% - Veteran-Owned Small Business; and 4% - Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business; Historically Black College or University/Minority Institution - 2%.