Supply of Engineering Consumables
Iarnrod Eireann-Irish Rail | Published February 23, 2014 - Deadline March 22, 2013
24911200, 14810000, 44521200, 39800000, 44511100, 31440000, 31521320, 18141000, 33141420
Iarnród Éireann (IE) has a 3 year requirement for a specialist
company to provide engineering consumables/hardware to its
engineering facilities and operational offices nationwide. The
locations covered by the contract will be (but not limited to),
a. Train maintenance facilities in Dublin, Cork,
Limerick, Drogheda and Portlaoise).
b. Signalling maintenance facilities in Dublin, Mayo,
Drogheda, Tipperary and Athlone.
c. Civil engineering facilities nationwide which are
dispersed along the current railway infrastructure.
d. Train stations nationwide.
The contract will cover the following product types (but not
1. Abrasives (sand-paper, grinding discs, cutting
2. Adhesives (glues, epoxy resin, mastics, sealants
3. Lubricants (anti-seize compounds, greases, WD40
4. Janitorial products (toilet rolls, mops, buckets,
bleach, brushes etc.)
5. Cleaning products (floor cleaner, washing up liquid
6. Batteries (AA, AAA, D, C etc.)
7. PPE (Nitrile Gloves, Hand Wipes, Rigger Gloves
8. Hand tools (Shovels, Paint Brushes, Screwdrivers,
Hammers and Knives etc.)
9. Miscellaneous (Torches, Cable Ties, Extension
Leads, Padlocks etc.)
The contract will require weekly site visits to a number of
locations to insure that the requirements of the maintenance
and operational staff are satisfactorily met. This will involve the
creation of an electronic catalogue which will be used to make
the ordering process as easy as possible.
The successful company will also be required to attend regular
contract review meetings, report on a monthly basis to
procurement as part of a KPI programme, develop an on-going
cost reduction strategy within the internal and external supply
chain and to identify and procure quality products whilst
consistently achieving best value for money.