Provision of Casual Services at Various UNFICYP Premises in Cyprus
United Nations Secretariat | Published September 20, 2016
1. The United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Cyprus (UNFICYP) intends to conduct a competitive solicitation exercise for the provision of casual services at various UNFICYP premises in Cyprus on an ‘as and when required’ basis.
2. The successful Contractor shall be required to perform casual services and related tasks such as but not limited to the following:
Grass cutting, weeding, watering, hedge trimming, sweeping, general grounds maintenance and similar general tasks of loading and unloading, separating and transporting merchandise; cleaning and transporting office furniture and equipment; arrange desks, files, and other office equipment; setting up and dismantle official reception areas; clean ad-hoc areas. The Contractor shall also perform minor repairs including but not limited to: painting, hanging shelves, etc.
Below is the estimated breakdown of the monthly casual services requirement:
• Unskilled maintenance, repair and construction tasks of routine and general nature, approximately 200 person hours per month.
• Grass cutting, weeding, watering, hedge trimming, sweeping at various UNFICYP sites, approximately 200 person hours per month.
• Other general tasks, approximately 200 person hours per month.
3. The resulting Contract shall be for an initial period of three (3) years with an option to extend at UNFICYP’s sole option for a maximum two additional periods of one (1) year each (3+1+1) years. The anticipated Contract commencement date is 14 November 2016. UNFICYP is under no obligation to order any minimum quantities of services.
4. In this regard UNFICYP would like to identify vendors that would be interested to participate in the competitive solicitation exercise. Qualified vendors are requested to express their interest by providing all relevant information including complete company details and experience profile using the attached Vendor Response Form, also available in our website www.unficyp.org. The interest should be sent to the attention of SpyrosSymeonides either via fax +357-22-614493 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, 04 October 2016. Only those companies that are registered at UNGM Level 1 would be eligible for award of contract.
5. UNFICYP reserves the right in selecting the invitees for the competitive bidding and mere expressing an interest would not automatically warrant participation in the competitive bidding exercise. UNFICYP reserves the right to change or cancel any of these requirements at any time during the EOI and/or the solicitation process.