Culvert Cleaning Machine
Department of the Interior, National Park Service | Published July 30, 2009 - Deadline August 17, 2009
DINO/CULVERT CLEANERNational Park ServiceIntermountain Regional OfficeDenver Major Acquisitions Buying Office (MABO)Lakewood, Colorado 8022807/30/2009
(1) GENERAL INFORMATIONThis is a combined synopsis/solicitation for a commercial item prepared in accordance with the format stated in the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice.
****This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotations are hereby being requested and a separate written solicitation will not be issued. ****
(2) AWARD INFORMATIONThe National Park Service, Dinosaur National Monument intends to purchase one machine and miscellaneous accessories required for specific use in boring through clogged culverts. Machine and bits shall be capable of freeing clogged culverts of sand, gravel, root material and other debris.
The National Park Service contemplates award of a firm fixed price contract, as a result of this combined synopsis/solicitation, to the quoter whose quotation provides the best value to the Government. This request is for a Culvert Cleaning machine. The award is anticipated to be made on the lowest total price for the offered machine that is determined to be technically acceptable, and meets the needs of the government. The technical acceptability of the offered items will be determined by the offered items capability to meet all requirements specified in the following specifications (section 7 below). Any item offered that does not meet all the required specifications shall not be considered for award. All offerors shall state in their quotation how each specification is met by their product offering. If the lowest priced offeror's product cannot meet all the specifications as indicated, the award will be granted to the next lowest quoter which can meet the specifications, or may be re-solicited if determined necessary.
(3) SMALL BUSINESS SET-ASIDEAll responsible Small businesses may submit a quotation which shall be considered by the National Park Service (NPS).
(4) This solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-09.
(5) Solicitation #: Q1402092143. This solicitation is issued as a Request for Quote.
(6) NAICS code: 333298; Small business size standard 500 employees.
(7) CONTRACT LINE ITEMS
Contract line item 0001: " Culvert Cleaning machine, quantity one (1)
Contract line item 0002: " Two (2) boring (or pilot) bits 3 " in diameter.
Contract line item 0003" One (1) culvert cleaning bit in 9" diameter.
Contract line item 0004" One (1) culvert cleaning bit in 13" diameter
Contract line item 0005" One (1) culvert cleaning bit in 22" diameter.
Contract line item 0006" One (1) aiming device suitable to help guide pilot and cutting bits in a straight line.
Contract line item 0007" 120 linear feet of heavy duty cleaning rods to work with this unit shall be included in this solicitation. Rods shall be supplied in 10' lengths.
Contract line item 0008" On-site training for a minimum of one day for the park maintenance crew at time of delivery. Training, operating and maintenance manuals shall be included.
Equipment offered to the Government under this purchase shall meet or exceed the following minimum specifications:
" Unit shall be of standard production for which published specifications are available, and must meet all current year OSHA and EPA requirements in effect for the year 2009 or later. " Unit must be constructed with self propelled wheels so a lone operator can walk behind unit and use handlebar controls to load unit on and off a trailer, and also drive the unit into areas with limited vehicle access, such as dry washes and intermittent drainages. Tires shall be a minimum 14" diameter mud tires. ******A trailer is not included in this solicitation. ******" Operating engine shall be a minimum of nine (9) horsepower gasoline-powered engine with electric start.
" A separate control shall be included to operate the boring machine, independent of the wheels. Power takeoff (PTO) on unit shall operate with either a variable speed capability, or have gearing necessary (including neutral) so boring bits can be easily controlled by operators. Drill stem shall rotate between 0 rotations per minute (RPMs) when in neutral, and up to 700 RPMs at operating capacity.
" PTO shall produce a minimum output of 130 ft. /lbs. of torque. The offeror shall specify the amount of torque, in ft. /lbs., their offered machine can produce, as part of their submittal.
" The machine shall be SPECIFICALLY designed for culvert cleaning. Any substituted equipment that is not specifically designed for culvert cleaning only shall not be considered for award.
" All offerors shall provide photos of the offered equipment.
" Unit shall include a water pump, hose and all hose connections required to provide adequate discharge and pressure to assist with operating the bits and cutters as described below.
*****A reservoir tank is not part of this solicitation.*****
(8) Provisions and clauses noted below may be accessed at http://www.arnet.gov/far.
(9) Provision 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors-Commercial, applies to this acquisition. In addition to the requirements noted in 52.212-1; quotes shall contain the following: a) contractor provided information that responds to the technical requirements as listed in the specifications, section 7 above.; b) price proposal for contract lines noted in paragraph 7 above; c) completion of provision 52.212-3 as noted by paragraph 12 below; d) acknowledgement of any solicitation amendments;
(10) Provision 52.212-2, Evaluation-Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition. Paragraph "a" of this provision is hereby replaced with the following: "Award will be made on the basis of the lowest evaluated price of quotations meeting or exceeding the acceptability standards for non-price evaluation factors. The non-price evaluation factors and their acceptability standards are: a) Technical Capability of the item offered to meet every specification as noted in section 7 above.
(11) The Clause at 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition. The following clauses, as cited in clause 52.212-5 are incorporated into this solicitation and subsequent contract: 52.206-6, 52.219-6, 52.219-8, 52.219-14, 52.222-3, 52.222-19, 52.222-21, 52.222-26, 52.222-35, 52.222-36, 52.222-37, 52.222-39, 52.225-1, 52.225-13, 52.225-15, 52.232-29.
(12) ORCA REGISTRATIONQuoters shall be registered via "ORCA" at https://orca.bpn.gov/login.aspx or complete and return with their quotation a copy of provision 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items. Clause 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions - Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition.
(13) CCR REGISTRATIONAll vendors wishing to be considered for this solicitation must be registered in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database prior to the expected date of award (08/20/2009). Registration in the CCR database may be completed via www.ccr.gov, and takes approximately seven (7) days for completion.
(14) DELIVERY SCHEDULE and CONTRACT PERIODThe awarded vendor will be expected to provide and deliver the requested product within 30 days of contract award, unless otherwise arranged with the Contracting Officer.
(15) LOCATIONUnit shall be delivered F.O.B. destination, Dinosaur National Monument, Yampa District Maintenance shop, 4545 Highway 40 East, two miles east of Dinosaur, CO. on Hwy. 40. Delivery shall be made between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Provide 24 hour advance notice for delivery. Offeror shall provide on-site training for a minimum of one day for the park maintenance crew at time of delivery. (16) SUBMITTALSThe awarded offeror shall provide operating and maintenance manuals with unit at the time of delivery.
(17) MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENTThe measurement for payment shall be for a culvert cleaning machine and requested accessories that meets or exceeds all specifications as stated in section 7 above. The delivered unit will be inspected at the time of delivery and will be accepted or declined at that time. Any costs incurred by the vendor for a declined unit, will be at the delivering vendors cost. Payment shall be made via Electronic Funds Transfer to the vendor's bank of record, as indicated in the vendor's Central Contractor Registration. Payment may be made via Government credit card if pre-arranged with the Contracting Officer. A single payment, upon contract completion, is anticipated for this contract. No partial payments will be authorized.
(18) QUOTE SUBMISSIONQuoters shall e-mail their quotations to firstname.lastname@example.org. or deliver to Joe Gatlin, National Park Service, 12795 W. Alameda Parkway, Lakewood Colorado, 80228. All quote packages shall be marked "DINO Culvert Cleaner." Quotes shall be submitted to insure receipt by 4:00 pm local time, Lakewood, Colorado, Monday, August 17, 2009.The anticipated award date is on or about Thursday, August 20, 2009.
Quote packages, whether e-mailed or delivered, must include the following:- Quote prices for all contract line items in section 7 above,- ORCA information, or a statement indicating ORCA registration via ORCA web site,- Information describing how each specification is met by the product offered.- Photos
(19) EVALUATION FACTORS FOR AWARD DECISION The award of the contract will be determined upon the following factors:- Price- Capability to meet all specifications as described in section 7 above. - ability to deliver within 30 days
(20) For information regarding this solicitation contact: Joe Gatlin at email@example.com or 303-969-2660.