Irrigation Management Improvement Project
| Published November 13, 2015 - Deadline December 28, 2015
Invitation for Bids
1. Bangladesh has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards
the cost of Irrigation Management Improvement Project. Part of this financing will be applied
to payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source
countries of ADB.
2. Office of the Project Director, Irrigation Management Improvement Project,
Bangladesh Water Development Board (BWDB, “the Employer”) invites sealed bids from
experienced and eligible bidders, based on post-qualification criteria, for the construction and
completion of the Works. The Works Comprises of following: Farmer distribution pipe network,
pumps and prepaid meters stage-1: 2,000ha.
3. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s
Single-Stage, Two-envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries
as described in the Bidding Documents.
4. Only experienced and eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should
participate in this bidding:
• Minimum average annual construction turnover of US$ 1.90 million calculated as total
certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three
• Participation in at least one contract that has been successfully or substantially
completed within the last ten (10) years and that is similar to the proposed works, where
the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds US$ 1.54 million.
5. The contract involves the following major items of works to be executed over a period of
Brief Description of works. Quantity
01 Supplying and laying of uPVC pipes of different diameter.....
Supplying and laying of pre-cast RCC Pipes including colour joints pipe
joints of different diameter
Date: 13 November 2015
3135-BAN: Irrigation Management Improvement Project
CW-03/Farmers’ distribution System Stage-1: Area 2,000 ha pipeline under
Irrigation Management Improvement Project (IMIP)
28 December 2015, 15:00 Hours, Bangladesh Standard Time (BST)
Brief Description of works. Quantity
Supplying and Installation of uPVC pipe fittings like T-Joints, Bends & End
Caps with leak proof O-ring jointing using best quality elastomeric sealing
gaskets etc, of different size and wall thickness
Earth work in excavation of foundation trenches in all kinds of soils
including levelling, dressing etc
M.S. Work for reinforcement with deformed M.S. bar, fy=276 N/mm²,
(made from billet) in RCC works, including local handling, cutting, forging,
Supply of Pre-paid meter including necessary seal, lock etc. complete as
per direction of Engineer in charge.
Supply and installation of SQL enterprise 2008/2012 software, testing etc.
complete as per direction of Engineer in charge.
Supply of IC Card (smart card and which is convertible as parameter card,
user card, checking card and data eraser card etc.) with chips including
plastic cover as per direction of Engineer in charge.
Supply and installation of PMS ( pre-paid management system )
software ; and installation in pre-paid meter , vending machines, master
server (including training of personnel at home & abroad 3 person for 7
days in china by foreign expert) Complete with license for 3 years,
renewable after 3 years by BWDBs arrangement
6. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, Bidders should contact :
Project Director, Irrigation Management Improvement Project (IMIP)
For Muhuri Irrigation Project (MIP)
Project Management Unit (PMU), IMIP, BWDB.
HASAN Court (3rd Floor)
23/1, Motijheel Commercial Area,
Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh.
Telephone: +02- 955 6124, Fax: 02-9592201
7. To purchase the Bidding Document, eligible bidders should:
• A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible
bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address above up to 16.00
hours (official hours) on 27 December, 2015 and upon payment of a non-refundable fee
of BDT 10,000 (in words taka ten thousand only) or equivalent USD 125.00 (United
State Dollar One Hundred Twenty Five Only). The method of payment will be in the form
of Demand Draft/Pay Order issued by a scheduled bank in Bangladesh or a cashier’s or
certified check issued by a reputed bank in an eligible foreign country favoring Deputy
Director, Dhaka RAC,BWDB, Motijheel, Dhaka. Since the bidding document is
voluminous one, all the interested eligible bidders (both overseas and local) are advised
to take hand to hand delivery of the bidding documents from the office with the address
above by themselves or through their authorized representatives.
• Request for delivery by courier by sending a written application to the address indicated
above. The application must be supported by payment of US $ 300.The method of
payment will be in the form of Demand Draft/Pay Order issued by a scheduled bank in
Bangladesh or a cashier’s or certified check issued by a reputed bank in an eligible
foreign country favoring Deputy Director, Dhaka RAC,BWDB, Motijheel, Dhaka. The
Employer accepts no liability for loss or late delivery.
8. A pre-bid meeting shall be held at 15.00 hours BST on 13 December, 2015 at BWDB
office at the address indicated in Para. 6 above.
9. Deliver your bid:
• Project Management unit (PMU), Irrigation Management Improvement Project (IMIP),
MIP, 23/1 Hasan Court (3rd floor), Motijheel C/A, Dhaka.
• On or before 28 December 2015; 1500 hours BST. Late Bids will not be accepted.
• Together with a Bid Security in the amount of BDT 3.00 million or USD 38,500 as
specified in the Bidding Document.
o Payable in the form of a Demand draft/ Pay order in favor of Deputy Director,
Dhaka RAC, BWDB. Dhaka or irrevocable Bank Guarantee in favor of the Project
Director, IMIP, BWDB, Dhaka from any scheduled bank of Bangladesh or issued
by a reputed bank in an eligible foreign country.
• Bids will be opened on 28 December at 1530 hours BST in the presence of bidders’
representatives who choose to attend.
10. In the Comparison of Bids, ADB’s Domestic Preference Scheme will be applied in
accordance with the provision stipulated in the instructor for bidders.