APHIS WS Guam - Paraffin Wax
Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service | Published November 23, 2015 - Deadline December 23, 2015
1. This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6, in conjunction with FAR 13.5, as applicable, and as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. Simplified acquisition procedures will be followed. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotations are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. This combined synopsis/solicitation will result in a fixed price commercial supply contract for a five (5) year period.
2. The solicitation number for this effort is AG-6395-S-16-0008 and this combined synopsis/solicitation is issued as a request for quotation (RFQ) and will result in a firm-fixed-price contract.
3. The solicitation document and incorporated provisions are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-82, effective 07 May 2015.
4. This combined synopsis/solicitation is being issued as a small business set aside. The NAICS Code is 324110, Paraffin waxes made in petroleum refineries. The small business size standard is 1,500^4.
5. This requirement is for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Animal Plant Health and Inspection Service (APHIS) Wildlife Services (WS) located at 233 Pangelinan Way, Barrigada, Guam 96913. The objective of this procurement is to obtain fully refined Paraffin wax used in the manufacturing of feed blocks for use in servicing of Brown Tree Snakes (BTS) traps located in Guam and Islands of the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas.
6. REQUIREMENT AND LINE ITEM PRICING:
The contractor shall provide a firm fixed price for Paraffin Wax for EACH contract year. The resulting contract will have a total of five (5) line items, with one (1) line item for each contract year. The following are the specifications for the fully refined paraffin wax in slab form. Alternate products or brand name or equal products can be considered, but must be of similar composition and properties listed below.
Product Identification: LUXCO fully refined wax
Chemical family: Petroleum Hydrocarbon
Boiling Point: >600 degrees
Flash Point: >455 degress
Density: @ 25 degrees C: 0.09 g/ml
Viscosity: @100 degrees C: (CST): 3.5-8.0
Appearance: off white to solid white
Generic Name: Paraffin Wax
Please view attachment PART 2: STATEMENT OF WORK for additional information about requirements.
7. Freight forwarder will contact Lourdes Jubilado or Jeff Flores at 671-635-4400 to schedule delivery. Timely delivery of this Paraffin Wax is most important, and pricing shall reflect FOB destination shipping costs. Therefore, shipping of the items must be included in the price for the line items as well as all overheard and material costs to deliver the items to the USDA, APHIS facility in Guam. Upon confirmation from consignee vendor to process bill of lading, package U.S. Customs declaration form and invoice and contact freight forwarder for will call at storage location. Vendor must have access to forklift to load freight forwarder truck. The quantity per pallet shall equal 2200 pounds of product or less and packaged in corrugated packing carton. Label each pallet on front and back of carton facing forklift entry points with the following information:
USDA APHIS Wildlife Services
Attn: Supervisory Biologist
233 Pangelinan Way
Barrigada, GU 96913
8. Inspection will take place at USDA WS facility site prior to freight forwarder departing site. Vendor to maintain dust and debris measures to ensure wax is free of foreign particles.
9. The effective period of the contract is from date of award through five (5) years. The anticipated award date is January 1st, 2016.
10. i. Contractor shall submit a firm-fixed price offer for all costs including shipping costs to furnish Paraffin Wax in accordance with the specifications in PART 2: STATEMENT OF WORK.
In order for an interested party to have a complete quote package, the package must contain the following items to be considered responsive.
a. The solicitation (form 1449 - Solicitation Contract Order for commercial items) filled out and signed offer.
b. PART 1: THE SCHEDULE including proposed pricing for all items.
c. Documentation that proves that the product offered meets the requirements listed in PART 2: STATEMENT OF WORK
d. A completed copy of the provisions at FAR 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items or OR confirmation that this has been completed in SAM.
ii. In accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Subpart 9.1, a prospective contractor may be requested to provide additional information in order to assist the Government in making a responsibility determination.
iii. If a contractor's quote does not contain all of the items listed above, the quote may be considered incomplete for evaluation purposes and no further consideration will be given to the contractor quote, thereby making n contractor ineligible for award.
11. The provision 52.212-2 Evaluations - Commercial Items (Oct 2014)
(a) The Government will award a contract resulting from this solicitation to the responsible quoter whose quote is the lowest priced technically acceptable offer. Quotations will be evaluated in accordance with FAR Part 13, Simplified Acquisition Procedures. Award will be made to the lowest priced technically acceptable offer.
The Government will evaluate the product quoted and ability to meet delivery schedule to determine if a quote is considered technically acceptable. The Government will also evaluate the total price quoted for all items (base period and options).
(b) Options. The Government will evaluate offers for award purposes by adding the total price for all options to the total price for the basic requirement. The Government may determine that an offer is unacceptable if the option prices are significantly unbalanced. Evaluation of options shall not obligate the Government to exercise the option(s).
(c) A written notice of award or acceptance of an quote, mailed or otherwise furnished to the successful quoter within the time for acceptance specified in the offer, shall result in a binding contract without further action by either party. Before the offer's specified expiration time, the Government may accept an offer (or part of an offer), whether or not there are negotiations after its receipt, unless a written notice of withdrawal is received before award.
12. The provision 52.212-3 Offeror Representations and Certifications - Commercial Items applies to this solicitation. Contractors must complete online representations and certifications in the System for Awards Management (SAM) at www.sam.gov.
13. The clause at 52.212-4 and 52.212-5 are attached
16. Amendments, if issued, will be posted to this site. Quoters must include acknowledgement of any amendments with their quote.
14. Quotations are due no later than 3:00 p.m. (Central time) on December 23rd, 2015. Quotations must be submitted BY EMAIL ONLY to: Kimyen Nguyen, Contracting Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Point of Contact for inquiries: Kimyen Nguyen, Contracting Specialist at email@example.com or (612) 336-3602