Custom Metal Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition System
Department of the Navy, Office of Naval Research | Published May 12, 2016 - Deadline May 27, 2016
COMBINED SYNOPSIS/SOLICITATION FOR COMMERCIAL ITEMSThis is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) subpart 12.6, "Streamlined Procedures for Evaluation and Solicitation for Commercial Items," as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotations are being requested, and a written solicitation document will not be issued.This solicitation is a Request for Quotations (RFQ). The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 2005-87, Effective 06 Apr 2016.The associated North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code for this procurement is 334516, with a small business size standard of 1000 employees.
The associated Federal Supply Code (FSC) / Product Service Code (PSC) procurement is 4430,The Naval Research Laboratory, located in Washington, DC, is seeking to purchase a Custom Metal Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition System.All interested companies shall provide quotations for the following:
X See Attached Specifications
Supplies: Items must be brand name or equal in accordance with FAR 52.211-6. Estimated Delivery Time: __________________DUNS NO.: ________________________
**FOB DESTINATION IS THE PREFERRED METHOD**For FOB ORGIN, please provide the following information:FOB Shipping Point: _______________________Estimated Shipping Charge: _________________Dimensions of Package(s): ____________________Shipping Weight: __________________________The following provisions and clauses are hereby incorporated. Any provisions and clauses not applicable by their terms shall be self-deleting.The full text of FAR provisions or clauses may be accessed electronically at http://acquisition.gov/comp/far/index.html. The full text of DFARS provisions or clauses may be accessed electronically at http://farsite.hill.af.mil/vfdfara.htm.The following solicitation provisions apply to this acquisition:
1. FAR 52.203-11, Certification & Disclosure Regarding Payments to Influence Certain Federal Transactions
2. FAR 52.204-7, System For Award Management
3. FAR 52.212-1, "Instructions to Offerors-Commercial Items" (April, 2014)
a. FAR 52.212-1 has been tailored to include the following additional instructions:
• This procurement is for new equipment ONLY. No remanufactured or "gray market" items are acceptable. All equipment must be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
• Vendor shall be an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) authorized dealer, authorized distributor, or authorized reseller for the proposed equipment/system such that OEM warranty and service are provided and maintained by the OEM. All software licensing, warranty, and service associated with the equipment/system shall be in accordance with the OEM terms and conditions
• Offerors are required to submit documentation from the manufacturer stating that they are an authorized distributor for the specific items being procured.
4. FAR 52.212-3, "Offerors Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items" (November 2013)
5. FAR 52.219-9, Small Business Subcontracting Plan Exceeding $700,000
6. FAR 52.225-18, Place of Manufacture
7. FAR 52.233-2, Service of Protest
• The Contracting Officer's address is:4555 Overlook Avenue, SWCode 3400Washington, DC 20375
a. NRL also includes the following provisions that must be completed by the offeror:
1. FAR 52.209-5, Certification Regarding Responsibility Matters
2. FAR 52.222-22, Previous Contracts and Compliance Reports
3. FAR 52.222-25, Affirmative Action Compliance
4. FAR 52.225-4, Buy American Act - Free Trade Agreements - Israeli Trade Act Certificate Alternate III (Nov 2012)Offerors must complete annual representations and certifications on-line at http://orca.bpn.gov in accordance with FAR 52.212-3, "Offerors Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items." If paragraph (j) of the provision is applicable, a written submission is required.The following contract clauses apply to this acquisition:
1. FAR 52.212-4, "Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items" (September, 2013)
a. The following clauses are included as addenda to FAR 52.212-4:
• FAR 52.202-1, Definitions• FAR 52.203-3, Gratuities• FAR 52.203-17, Contractor Employee Whistleblower Rights and Requirement To Inform Employees of Whistleblower Rights• FAR 52.203-6, Alt I - Restrictions on Subcontractor Sales to the Government• FAR 52.203-12, Limitation of Payments to Influence Certain Federal Transactions• FAR 52.204-4, Printed or Copied Double-Sided on Recycled Paper• FAR 52.204-10, Reporting Executive Compensation and First-Tier Subcontract Awards Exceeding $30,000• FAR 52.223-2, Affirmative Procurement of Biobased Products Under Service And Construction Contracts• FAR 52.223-12, Refrigeration Equipment and Air Conditioners• FAR 52.223-18, Encouraging Contractor Policies to Ban Text Messaging While Driving• FAR 52.225-14, Inconsistency Between English Version and Translation of Contract• FAR 52.232-39, Unenforceability of Unauthorized Obligations• FAR 52.232-40, Providing Accelerated Payments to Small Business Subcontractors• FAR 52.245-1, Government Property • FAR 52.245-2, Government Property Installation Operation Services• FAR2.245-9, Use and Charges• FAR 52.247-34, F.O.B Destination• FAR 52.252-2, Clauses Incorporated By Reference2. FAR 52.212-5, "Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders" (March 2016)
The following subparagraphs of FAR 52.212-5 are applicable:• Subparagraphs (b)(4), (b)(8), (b)(14)(ii), (b)(19), (b)(25), (b)(28 - 34), (b)(40), (b)(42), (b)(44)(iv), (b)(46), (b)(52)
3. DFARS 212.301 - Solicitation Provisions and Contract Clauses for the Acquisition of Commercial Items (Revised December 30, 2015):• DFARS 252.203-7000, Requirements Relating to Compensation of Former DoD Officials• DFARS 252.203-7003, Agency Office of the Inspector General• DFARS 252.204-7008, Compliance with Safeguarding Covered Defense Information Controls• DFARS 252.204-7009, Limitations on the Use or Disclosure of Third-Party Contractor Reported Cyber Incident Information• DFARS 252.204-7011, Alternative Line Item Structure• DFARS 252.204-7012, Safeguarding Covered Defense Information and Cyber Incident Reporting• DFARS 252.204-7015, Disclosure of Information to Litigation Support Contractors• DFARS 252.205-7000, Provision of Information to Cooperative Agreement Holders Exceeding $1Million• DFARS 252.211-7003, Item Unique Identification and Valuation • DFARS 252.211-7006, Passive Radio Frequency Identification• DFARS 252.211-7007, Reporting of Government-Furnished Property• DFARS 252.211-7008, Use of Government-Assigned Serial Numbers• DFARS 252.213-7000, Notice to Prospective Suppliers on Use of Past Performance Information Retrieval System-Statistical Reporting in Past Performance Evaluations Less Than or Equal to $1 Million• DFARS 252.215-7007, Notice of Intent to Resolicit• DFARS 252.215-7008, Only One Offer• DFARS 252.219-7003, Small Business Subcontracting Plan (DoD Contracts).• Alternate I • DFARS 252.223-7008, Prohibition of Hexavalent Chromium• DFARS 252.225-7000, Buy American Act - Balance of Payments Program Certificate• Alternate I• DFARS 252.225-7001, Buy American Act and Balance of Payments Program• DFARS 252.225-7002, Qualifying Country Sources as Subcontractors • DFARS 252.225-7008, Restriction on Acquisition of Specialty Metals• DFARS 252.225-7009, Restriction on Acquisition of Certain Articles Containing Specialty Metals Exceeding $150,000• DFARS 252.225-7010, Commercial Derivative Military Article-Specialty Metals Compliance Certificate Exceeding $150,000• DFARS 252.225-7012, Preference for Certain Domestic Commodities Exceeding $150,000• DFARS 252.225-7013, Duty-Free Entry• DFARS 252.225-7015, Restriction on Acquisition of Hand or Measuring Tools• Exceeding $150,000• DFARS 252.225-7016, Restriction on Acquisition of Ball and Roller Bearings• DFARS 252.225-7017, Photovoltaic Devices Exceeding $150,000• DFARS 252.225-7021, Trade Agreements• Alternate II• DFARS 252.225-7036, Buy American Act-Free Trade Agreements-Balance of Payments Program Exceeding $25,000, but is Less Than $191,000• DFARS 252.225-7037, Evaluation of Offers for Air Circuit Breakers• DFARS 252.225-7038, Restriction on Acquisition of Air Circuit Breakers• DFARS 252.226-7001, Utilization of Indian Organizations, Indian-Owned Economic Enterprises, and Native Hawaiian Small Business ConcernsExceeding $500,000• DFARS 252.227-7013, Rights in Technical Data - Noncommercial Items• Alternate I• DFARS 252.227-7015, Technical Data - Commercial Items• DFARS 252.227-7037, Validation of Restrictive Markings on Technical Data• DFARS 252.232-7003, Electronic Submission of Payment Requests and Receiving Reports• DFARS 252.237-7010, Prohibition on Interrogation of Detainees by Contractor Personnel• DFARS 252.239-7010, Cloud Computing Services• DFARS 252.239-7017, Notice of Supply Chain Risk• DFARS 252.239-7018, Supply Chain Risk• DFARS 252.243-7002, Requests For Equitable Adjustment• DFARS 252.244-7000, Subcontracts for Commercial Items• DFARS 252.246-7003, Notification of Potential Safety Issues• DFARS 252.246-7004, Safety of Facilities, Infrastructure, and Equipment for Military Operations All quoters shall submit 1 (one) copy of their technical and price quote.All quotations shall be sent via e-mail:Buyer Name: TaLisa Spottswood, email: TaLisa.Spottswood@nrl.navy.mil.
Please reference this combined synopsis/solicitation number and PR# 63-9040-16 on your correspondence and in the "Subject" line of your email.The government intends to award a purchase order as a result of this combined synopsis/solicitation that will include the terms and conditions set forth herein. Award shall be made to the quoter whose solution meets or exceeds all the technical specifications and offers the best value to the Government, technical capability, delivery schedule, past performance and price will all be considered. To facilitate the award process, all quotes must include a statement regarding the terms and conditions herein as follows:"The terms and conditions in the solicitation are acceptable to be included in the award document without modification, deletion, or addition."
"The terms and conditions in the solicitation are acceptable to be included in the award document with the exception, deletion, or addition of the following:"
Quoter shall list exception(s) and rationale for the exception(s).Submission shall be received not later than the response date listed above. Late submissions shall be treated in accordance with the solicitation provision at FAR 52.212-1(f). E-mailed submissions are accepted and are the preferred form of submission. Receipt will be verified by the date/time stamp on fax or e-mail.